Timo, the Sosa Salute, and DJ

chisox28

If you saw the game Sunday on tv, they showed Timo Perez after his homerun doing all that bulls*** that Sammy does (bang his chest, kiss his fingers). Then DJ chimes in that he knows that Timo is just playing around and having fun, and that he wouldn't dare try to make fun of Sammy. Now maybe DJ is that naive and really thinks that all players strive to be just like Sosa, or DJ proved once again how in tune he is with the players today. I think a lot of players dislike Sosa because he's unprofessional and doesn't act like he's been there before, same holds true for Zambrano. Sosa's hit over 550 homeruns, but from the way he jumps in the air or how he gives oral to the camera in the dugout, you'd think it was his first.

The past few days, when Sammy was taking Batting Practice, someone has been playing a sound effect of a cork popping. They did it Sat and someone called into the Score to complain, I found it funny they did it again today.

When Timo was introduced and ran out to right in the 1st, he broke into a sprint and pointed at the crowd like Sammy does.

Sosa and Timo were talking in the outfield during warm ups. Doubt there were hard feelings.

I think a lot of players dislike Sosa because he's unprofessional and doesn't act like he's been there before,

I think most players dislike him because they know what a f***ing sham he (and Bonds and Giambi and Boone and possibly Sheffield) the Juiceman Cometh really is.

If you're Shawn Green or Frank Thomas, how does it feel to know that your sunshine has been stolen by some uber-arrogant Roidhead?

Plus that whole wife-beating thang....Albert didn't gain any popularity after slugging some woman upside the head with a phone, either.

The past few days, when Sammy was taking Batting Practice, someone has been playing a sound effect of a cork popping. They did it Sat and someone called into the Score to complain, I found it funny they did it again today.

When Timo was introduced and ran out to right in the 1st, he broke into a sprint and pointed at the crowd like Sammy does.

Sosa and Timo were talking in the outfield during warm ups. Doubt there were hard feelings.

sam-me was hot dog after his two home runs so if Timo showed him up, way to go Timo!

did you allsee how Timo drove Zambrano crazed in Saturday's game? Whatever that is about, I have never seen a pitcher get so rattled by a player at first and Timo wasn't even taking a one step lead but Zambrano lost it to the ultimate degree and the resulting crede home run was with a huge assist to Timo for shaking Zambrano up so much

if Timo wants to get into the heads of the players on the other teams, may God be with him!

I am starting the Timo fan club - I just loved he way he drove Zamrano nuts :headbang :headbang :headbang

Timo has stated that he thinks a lot of Sosa and that it was not intended to show him up.

Timo getting into Zambrano's head on the bases reminds me of Valentin using the Sammy imitation to mind f*** the Cubs a few years ago.