Serious Interest...

CWSGuy406

We're not giving up Rowand AND Borchard. It's 1 thing to trade Reed, but another thing to trade 2 more young outfielders. Doubt Pittsburgh would want Stewart, and Mesa always worried me. Benson hasn't been poitching fantastically either.

I would use Mesa with Marte as setup to Takatsu. Could you imagine facing Mesa in the 7th or 8th and then facing Takatsu and his 67 mph change-up? We'd see some real bad swings. Benson needs a change of scenery.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Kendall

Kris Benson

Jose Mesa

Cash

for

Jon Rauch

Aaron Rowand

Joe Borchard

Josh Stewart

:huh

Any deal involving Borchard with an albatross contract like Kendall's would be completely stupid.

In expressing my concern over losing Olivo yesterday.. I was told not to worry so much about it. The only thing that will be missed will be his arm, and that's not as important in the big picture. That 95% of the game is called from the bench anyways, and all catchers need to do nowadays is squat for 9 innings. Pitching wins. And that this team with Garcia reminded someone of a winning team he played on in Boston..  :rolleyes:

And BTW Yas.. he said the olive branch will never be big enough.  :crying

Steff, that is also extremely interesting info, because Mr. Cloak and Dagger on the official site said the Hall of Famer and JR are buddy buddy.

More misinformation, wouldn't ya say???

Steff, that is also extremely interesting info, because Mr. Cloak and Dagger on the official site said the Hall of Famer and JR are buddy buddy.

More misinformation, wouldn't ya say???

I call it like I know it. Bulls*** and lies. And I'll meet that idiot in front of the Cell any day of the week to walk into Finny's office and shove his BS up his ass.

Here is the thing with Kendall ...

Do they need a catcher right now? Probably not. Alex said it best, the combo of the three guys should be fine.

However, would adding Kendall improve the team? It sure would. If the Sox, for example, peddled Davis and prospects to Pittsburgh and all the finances worked out ok, that definitely improves the White Sox.

And that's what Williams has been saying, if he can improve the current team, he will do it.

Borchard ... I strongly feel they will not trade him, especially with Reed traded. He is getting better and better at Charlotte and he's the obvious fall back option if Maggs leaves after the season.

Maggs ... did anyone see the Tribune today, where KW says he has not talked about Maggs to Atlanta at all, but that he's been speaking to Atlanta?

Bottom line, they are talking to Atlanta, but Maggs is not part of the discussion. Many of us were talking about this last nite. It makes no sense for the Sox to trade Maggs, period. The Sox are going for it. If you're going for it, no way do you trade a guy like Maggs. Let next year be next year.

IMO, any trades will involve prospects only, and/or someone who is not a "key" on the current roster. You can bet other teams would have an interest in certain young, cheap White Sox players. Rowand? Sure. Harris? Maybe. Marte? Absolutely, but KW is looking to add to the bullpen, not subtract. Rauch? Yes. Diaz? Yes. Those are the types of guys a team like Pittsburgh would want.

That's why, right now, the White Sox trade bullets are the minor league guys.

I call it like I know it. Bulls*** and lies. And I'll meet that idiot in front of the Cell any day of the week to walk into Finny's office and shove his BS up his ass.

You know what, I would LOVE to see it Steff. I would be extremely happy to be right there beside you to do it, and add my .02 if necessary.

You nailed it, lies and bulls***. I really dislike people like that.

The heat should be turned up on this guy. He had another situation where some guy told him to come on out and meet him to say "hello" at his season ticket seats.

Once again, Mr. Cloak and Dagger said the guy wasn't worth his time. Interesting pattern of that over the past couple years.

Alex, we're talking about the guy who says he's a stockholder.

Steff, on one level I agree with you he is not worth it.

On another level, it's been a smoke and mirrors game for a long time, and lots of good honest people have been mislead. That is just wrong. I have this weird DNA makeup where, if I see something totally crooked, I like to straighten it out.

:lol:

The heat will be turned up.

On another level, it's been a smoke and mirrors game for a long time, and lots of good honest people have been mislead.  That is just wrong.  I have this weird DNA makeup where, if I see something totally crooked, I like to straighten it out.

So he is full of blue clay (as my dad likes to say). I kinda thought that, but never certain.

Alex, we're talking about the guy who says he's a stockholder.

Steff, on one level I agree with you he is not worth it.

On another level, it's been a smoke and mirrors game for a long time, and lots of good honest people have been mislead.  That is just wrong.  I have this weird DNA makeup where, if I see something totally crooked, I like to straighten it out.

The heat will be turned up.

Got ya, thanks.