Did anyone see F 9-11 yet..?

Steff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it the other day and liked it as a movie.

I don't know much about politics so I could be easily persuaded to not vote for Bush in November, but I don't know yet.

Some interesting conspiracy theories about the 2000 election and how Florida could of been rigged.

The last 30 minutes is kind of sad when talking about all the soldiers over there and how they don't understand while they are still there, hurting innocent people and such.

It's worth the visit to the theatre, no matter what your beliefs.

The last 30 minutes is kind of sad when talking about all the soldiers over there and how they don't understand while they are still there, hurting innocent people and such.

The only ones hurting innocent people are the terrorists by killing and Michael Moore by corrupting. :puke

The only ones hurting innocent people are the terrorists by killing and Michael Moore by corrupting. :puke

Yea.. I'm sure those dead infants are the real masterminds behind all the problems over there. :headshake

why not??..michael moore has compared president bush to hitler

and the sad thing is..moore is serious

The Bush campaign has an email campaign going on where they pretty much compare all Dems to Hitler. They say it is to point out the (perceived) injustice of MoveOn.org's posting a contest entry by a PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL on their site that made the Hitler/Bush visual comparison. Of course, MoveOn removed the entry when pressed to do so, but the Bush campaign people say they have no intention of pulling the plug on their campaign.

It's a great video....

http://www.georgewbush.com/News/MultiMedia...aspx?ID=901&T=2

And I love how everyone has twisted moochpuppy's post...He said

The only ones hurting innocent people are the terrorists by killing and Michael Moore by corrupting

Simply stated since many of you are confused....Terrorists hurt innocents by killing. Moore hurts innocents by corrupting.

He never compared Terrorists to Moore...He never said terrorists or moore killed Iraqi civilians. He simply said they both hurt innocent people in their own ways. You people can really spin a post to fit your argument. :nono

It's a great video....

http://www.georgewbush.com/News/MultiMedia...aspx?ID=901&T=2

And I love how everyone has twisted moochpuppy's post...He said

Simply stated since many of you are confused....Terrorists hurt innocents by killing.  Moore hurts innocents by corrupting. 

He never compared Terrorists to Moore...He never said terrorists or moore killed Iraqi civilians.  He simply said they both hurt innocent people in their own ways. You people can really spin a post to fit your argument. :nono

Everyone, eh..?? :rolleyes:

Twist, twist, twist...

What is Moore corrupting?

He made a movie that gives his opinions. You don't have to believe him, nor does anyone. I'd like to think people aren't that gullible.

He never compared Terrorists to Moore...He never said terrorists or moore killed Iraqi civilians.  He simply said they both hurt innocent people in their own ways.   You people can really spin a post to fit your argument.   :nono

There's no spin, Chaos. You are apparently the one confused as to the original quote:

"The only ones hurting innocent people are the terrorists by killing and Michael Moore by corrupting"

If terrorists and Moore are in fact the only ones doing all the hurting of innocents, then I was just looking for a reason behind the tens-of-thousands of DEAD Iraqi civilians since I pretty much figured out Moore and the terrorists didn't do it all (though the terrorists have done their fair share certainly).

Of course, the American Way is to deny anyone has been killed in Iraq that didn't deserve it, so I can see that it's me who is clearly not with the program here. :huh

Well everyone except the people that didn't twist it.  I figured it was kinda like a you know who you are thing.  I should know better than to assume on a message board.

Everyone except Steff and Baggio

:P

There's no spin, Chaos.  You are apparently the one confused as to the original quote:

"The only ones hurting innocent people are the terrorists by killing and Michael Moore by corrupting"

If terrorists and Moore are in fact the only ones doing all the hurting of innocents, then I was just looking for a reason behind the tens-of-thousands of DEAD Iraqi civilians since I pretty much figured out Moore and the terrorists didn't do it all (though the terrorists have done their fair share certainly).

Of course, the American Way is to deny anyone has been killed in Iraq that didn't deserve it, so I can see that it's me who is clearly not with the program here.  :huh

OMG ....out of that quote you focused on where he said "ONLY ONES".

I think he knows and I think everyone knows there is a war over there and American Soldiers have killed many Iraqi's, civilian's included. It's amazing you focused on "only ones" It's clear to see the SUBJECT and POINT of his quote was that Terrorists hurt innocents by killing. Moore hurts innocents by corrupting.

But you come with comments like...oh really they are the "only ones"....I mean jesus christ it's like a little kid game, where they focus on the wrong part of the sentence and then say...ooh I got you ha ha you said...only ones....

Gimmie a break

And the SUBJECT and POINT of the response is to question how someone can be expected to be taken seriously when they accuse someone of corrupting truth when that post itself is nothing but corrupted, twisted rhetoric.

Break granted.

they accuse someone of corrupting truth when that post itself is nothing but corrupted, twisted rhetoric.

Break granted.

Who said anything about corrupting truth. Moore is corrupting the weak of mind by exaggerating the truth.

And you know what else he is doing is making money a s*** load of money off these innocent dead same way he did with Bowling for Columbine.

Who said anything about corrupting truth.  Moore is corrupting the weak of mind by exaggerating the truth. 

And you know what else he is doing is making money a s*** load of money off these innocent dead same way he did with Bowling for Columbine.

I think "exaggerating the truth" qualifies as an oxymoron, but I get your meaning. Little fear of corrupting the weak-minded at any rate, since most of the Bushies are not going to see the film anyway. :D

As far as making money off the innocent dead, you have to be kidding? The Holocaust or Pearl Harbor or 9-11 any human atrocity shouldn't be the subject of a documentary film because someone may make money off of it?

Saw the film last night.

I thought Columbine was pretty good. I thought Roger and Me was very good.

F9/11 leaves everything else he has done (film, television, books) in the dust. It is a great film, really really powerful. And it is absolutely sensitive and tasteful in the was it portrays the events of September 11 (for those suggesting Moore is profiting off the death of innocents, he pretty effectively puts things in perspective re Carlyle Group, Haliburton, United Defense et al.). You never see the Towers on 9-11, the people jumping out of windows, the thousands of deaths that were so sensationalized by every media outlet to the point of dehumanization. You hear the impacts while the screen is dark, then you see the horror of the events in the reactions of the witnesses as they unfold.

That's the way the whole film is. The people in it tell the story, not Moore.

And I didn't really grasp it until I saw it, but the quips about bias and lack of balance are bunk. Not because there is not a particularly Moore-ist anti-Bush/anti-corporate slant, because there most certainly is. The point is that the film does NOT exist in a vaccuum, and the events depicted did not occur in a vaccuum. You cannot help but take in Moores portrayal and be constantly processing them against everything you have already internalized from other media outlets. The film can't reasonably be taken to task for lack of balance because, in fact, it IS THE BALANCE - against the Bizzaro fabricated versions of events we have been fed and continue to be fed. We all have the party line version of things ingrained in us. Moore gives you the pieces that have been carefully, systematically, and insidiously omitted.

And you are left to wonder WHY there is so much stuff here you NEVER SAW BEFORE. We all saw the post 2000 election coverage for 2 months, and I know I saw more of it than most. But I never saw any detailed coverage of the outrage and protest of inauguration day in DC as seen in the first few minutes of teh film, because the networks decided not to show that. Ditto for the widespread disillusionment of the troops as they realize they have been placed in harm's way and assked to kill and die as part of an idealogue agenda. Ditto for the portrayal of the Iraqi citizenry as (*gasp*) feeling, caring, (dying) human beings.

There is no point in debating the merits of the film until everyone has seen it. To this point I have only argued in favor of the right for Moore to make the film but had no ability to discuss the film itself. I thought it would be pretty good, but thought it would fall short of the hype surrounding it (as Columbine did for me). It is so much more and so much better than what I had anticipated.

"Do Something"

michaelmoore.com

The Bush campaign has an email campaign going on where they pretty much compare all Dems to Hitler.  They say it is to point out the (perceived) injustice of MoveOn.org's posting a contest entry by a PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL on their site that made the Hitler/Bush visual comparison.  Of course, MoveOn removed the entry when pressed to do so, but the Bush campaign people say they have no intention of pulling the plug on their campaign.

why should the bush campaign stop that commercial???...all they are doing is taking clips from leading dems and moveon.org has said about the president..comparing the US to nazi germany...and then end it by saying this not the time for pessimism but for strong leadership..

if you take offense to that commercial then the blame lies with gore, moore ,kerry , dean , and moveon...not the republicans..

i'd play that commercial everywhere i could

Osama and Zarqawi gave it "2 thumbs up" too  :rolleyes:

And well they should. They probably had to suffer through a crappy bootleg of it too, no Dolby or anything...

They are in good company. The heavy hitters of the film critic agree with them. Ebert, Travers, Turan, Wernington, Roeper, Strickler, Scott, Thompson, Rex Reed, and pretty much any critic you'd ever encounter give the film high marks.

Now, if the film doesn't mesh with your brand of politics I can see ample reason for grousing about it. And to that I say

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

See the film, then bash it.

[spoiler alert]

Watch the bit with the US soldier with both of his arms blows off in a war that 57% of Americans now think should never have been started.

Watch the scene where the exec from United Defense slips up and talks about the 'good climate' on the horizon, then stammer and have to say, 'well, bad for all the people doing the dying, but GOOD FOR BUSINESS' not exact quote, but exact sentiment).

Watch the part with the mother from Flint reading the last letter from her dead son in which he realizes he's been duped by his own government into fighting, killing, and dying for a bunch of lies.

Watch in disbelief that dumb, dumb primate the Supreme Court slippped into the Oval Office four years ago...

Pay particular attention to the end, where Moore reads from Orwells' 1984 about the necessary perpetuity of war as big business - 'when did we start figiting Eurasia? Haven't we always been fighting Eurasia? I thought we were fighting East Asia...' Reflect on how this dysutopian premise that seemed so outlandish 30 years ago is pretty much the chapter-and-verse script for the NeoCon Pax Americana... 'Hussein and Osama are bad. They've always been bad and we've always been at war with them. We've never given billions of dollars in aid, arms, and training to them. No that wasn't Rummy shaking hands with Saddam. No that wasn't my Daddy that sent all that money to the Mujahadeen. No Paul Wolfowitz didn't just tell the world his secret to hair grooming is lot's of spit...'