Dave Wells

cwsox

According to a story in the March 3rd Kalamazoo Gazette -

D Wells claimed (in the galley proofs of his new book) that 40% of all ball players are on sterioids and that he was drunk when he pitched his perfect game.

However, he has since backtracked and admitted exaggerating the drunk claim and added his steriod use estimate was off. The book's co-author (you didn't think D Wells could actually write a book by himself, did you?) said the steriod estimate may be pulled from the actual published book - a sure sign that Wells has nothing to back up his claim at whatever %.

The guy is a blowhard and a braggert and a liar who lives to make himself look big.

Never liked him, never was happy with him, never will like him.

People say he helped Buehrle become what he is today but I say thats bull. MB got to where he is today all on his own.

What I really hate Wells for is his bad pitching and hypocritical lying. He called Thomas a wussy on his radio station when Thomas had a very serious injury and then the fat terd went down with a sore back. So what, big tough guy Wells, a torn triceps is a wussy injury but a sore back is what all the tough guys get?

Sorry dirtbag, it doesnt work like that...

People say he helped Buehrle become what he is today but I say thats bull. MB got to where he is today all on his own.

What I really hate Wells for is his bad pitching and hypocritical lying. He called Thomas a wussy on his radio station when Thomas had a very serious injury and then the fat terd went down with a sore back. So what, big tough guy Wells, a torn triceps is a wussy injury but a sore back is what all the tough guys get?

Sorry dirtbag, it doesnt work like that...

But he did help Buehrle get where he is today...along with Nardi. Both played big roles in Buehrle's success....along with Buehrle himself doing some too. Do not deny the truth.

He did call Thomas out....but he was trying to be the team leader and doing the team leader's job...when he wasn't the team leader. Thomas was unhappy about Wells's comments and said a few not-so-nice things about Wells. The two then talked and agreed to put it in the past later...so they're all good now.

What I don't like is that he sucked for us....going like 5-7 4.58 or something like that....but what I don't like even more is the fact that we could have resigned him last year for 2-years and probably less then the $7 mill he got from the Yanks(remember, this is also the same guy that took some shots at Cleveland as well, saying he'd never pitch for them and that Cleveland as a city sucks...I believe anyways). I know that I'd rather have had Wells than Ritchie last year, and I'd have to make a choice between Rauch and Wells.

I don't like the guy's attitude....but the fact that he said he wanted to return to us shows that he wanted to improve and help this team win....and KW denied him....and then he traded Wells, Fogg, and Lowe for Ritchie....I'd say Wells got the last laugh. Had we resigned Wells...we would have possibly had a rotation of Buehrle, DWells, KWells, Garland, Wright last year....I like that a hell of a lot more than Buehrle, Ritchie, Garland, Wright, and a very unpolished, 80% healthy at most Jon Rauch. Then again....I don't like it as much as Buehrle, Colon, Garland, Wright and a more polished, 95% healthy Jon Rauch.....who knows. Maybe, had we kept Kipper, we would have traded him and some others to Montreal for Colon and company....without even having to deal with the Yanks. But then we'd still have Osuna.....eh. I don't know....hindsight is 20-20....but it's never clear how it would have happened. All I know is that is ALL in the past and we are looking at the most talented team in the majors in front of our very eyes.

And cw.....you said...

The guy is a blowhard and a braggert and a liar who lives to make himself look big.

Come on.....I don't think Wells has to try to make himself look big....he already does! :D

Witesoxfan already hit on it, but MB admitted numerous times that D Wells insight has been a big part of his success..... and KW doesn't let you forget that MB said that either :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1

D Wells claimed (in the galley proofs of his new book) that 40% of all ball players are on sterioids and that he was drunk when he pitched his perfect game.

However, he has since backtracked and admitted exaggerating the drunk claim and added his steriod use estimate was off.  The book's co-author (you didn't think D Wells could actually write a book by himself, did you?) said the steriod estimate may be pulled from the actual published book - a sure sign that Wells has nothing to back up his claim at whatever %.

maybe we should wait till jose cansecos book comes out to compare notes on the roid thing huh.............does dave name names??? because jose's supposedly does........its due out end of march..........lol.......

However, he has since backtracked and admitted exaggerating the drunk claim and added his steriod use estimate was off.  The book's co-author (you didn't think D Wells could actually write a book by himself, did you?) said the steriod estimate may be pulled from the actual published book - a sure sign that Wells has nothing to back up his claim at whatever %.

maybe we should wait till jose cansecos book comes out to compare notes on the roid thing huh.............does dave name names??? because jose's supposedly does........its due out end of march..........lol.......

D Wells has always had diarrhea of the mouth. Like CWsox said he's a braggert..... and braggert's always exaggerate. Given the choice between believing D Wells or J Canseco, I'd believe Canseco. But, didn't Canseco say in an interview last year that 99% of MLB players are on some type of steroid? Maybe they're both egomaniacs and nothing they say should be believed.

Guest hotsoxchick1

However, he has since backtracked and admitted exaggerating the drunk claim and added his steriod use estimate was off.  The book's co-author (you didn't think D Wells could actually write a book by himself, did you?) said the steriod estimate may be pulled from the actual published book - a sure sign that Wells has nothing to back up his claim at whatever %.

D Wells has always had diarrhea of the mouth. Like CWsox said he's a braggert..... and braggert's always exaggerate. Given the choice between believing D Wells or J Canseco, I'd believe Canseco. But, didn't Canseco say in an interview last year that 99% of MLB players are on some type of steroid? Maybe they're both egomaniacs and nothing they say should be believed.

i just want to see that list so i know who to watch and see if they grow any during the season lol........

i just want to see that list so i know who to watch and see if they grow any during the season lol........

Have you seen how much smaller ShamME is now that he is willing to take a steroid test..... or is it just me?

Guest hotsoxchick1

Have you seen how much smaller ShamME is now that he is willing to take a steroid test..... or is it just me?

you noticed that too.. must have been a dry off season........either that or he couldnt afford any more roids since he lost his money in that hotel under a towel......... :D

I could believe 99% of baseball players on steroids.

You're not the only one Cubkilla. Is he really going to take that test or what? If he does and then passes :o look for him to get big again.

Look real closely, particularly at the position players and you can get a pretty good idea who is and who isn't on steroids. Then you have players that have never been power hitters and then all of a sudden they hit 50. Then a couple of years later they're back to hitting 10 or 15. I can't for the life of me understand why any pitcher would take steroids. You don't need to bench press 300 lbs to throw hard. Look at guys like Randy Johnson or Pedro Martinez. In any case, steroids are a real bad deal. They shrink a certain part of the male anatomy among other things.

Not only that...

At least Frank got injured trying to help the team win (diving for a ball down the line hit by Ichiro). David got injured because he's a fat out of shape slob who spends his off-nights out getting hammered instead of taking care of himself for the betterment of not only himself and his family, but also for his teammates that rely on him every 5 days.

:fyou David Wells, you hot-air-filled-piece-of-s***.

clujer well said -

at Opening Day 2001 the loudest applause by the Sox fans was for D Wells and it pissed me off. Always we think some outsider is better than what we have so of course D Wells was going to be our savior.

I said f*** you when we got him and f*** you when he cost us games because of his over weight making him so fat and hurting his back so he couldn't field a bunt and f*** you when he shot of his mouth just to get himself a celebrity shot on sports radio.

Guest hotsoxchick1
clujer well said -

at Opening Day 2001 the loudest applause by the Sox fans was for D Wells and it pissed me off.  Always we think some outsider is better than what we have so of course D Wells was going to be our savior. 

I said f*** you when we got him and f*** you when he cost us games because of his over weight making him so fat and hurting his back so he couldn't field a bunt and f*** you when he shot of his mouth just to get himself a celebrity shot on sports radio.

yikes i seem to recall someone who was pretty excited about us getting him early on.....why all the hate........hes not our problem anymore so who cares................lol...... or are you just venting there cw.......... :D

clujer well said -

at Opening Day 2001 the loudest applause by the Sox fans was for D Wells and it pissed me off.  Always we think some outsider is better than what we have so of course D Wells was going to be our savior.  

yikes i seem to recall someone who was pretty excited about us getting him early on.....why all the hate........hes not our problem anymore so who cares................lol...... or are you just venting there cw.......... :D

I was excited when we got Wells, and I'm not afraid to admit it now.

We were coming off a great season, and were poised to make a run at the WS after bringing in David, a proven winner, regardless of his off-the-field tactics. Unfortunately, everything that could go wrong DID go wrong, and it turned out to be a waste of money.

That said, I hope he gets traded to the Devil Rays for a couple of prospects -- it would serve the REAL "fat f***ing toad" right.

yikes i seem to recall someone who was pretty excited about us getting him early on....

not me. It took me a long time to console byself that Siro was gone and I never say a game in which D Wells won and after that friday night cubs game I never wanted to see him again

It took me a long time to console byself that Siro was gone

Well, I missed Mike too -- but he didn't pitch all of 2001, so what good would he have been us? I don't know how he's doing now, but I don't think he'll ever return to what he once was. We got rid of him just in time. :)