Carlos Lee Trade?

Rex Hudler

Is it Jason that really likes Ponson, I wonder what he thinks on that rumour?

Yep, I have always liked the idea of Ponson. However, I don't like giving up Lee straight up because right now we have nothing proven to add on offensively. Borchard isn't ready from what I saw of him. He's definately made some improvements but he now needs to work on them in the minors for a couple of months.

Now if the Sox could find a way to bring in another outfielder or something, then I definately would be for it, especially now that I have concern over Wright's health.

Jas....since when is Daubach not proven?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

Yep, I have always liked the idea of Ponson. However, I don't like giving up Lee straight up because right now we have nothing proven to add on offensively. Borchard isn't ready from what I saw of him. He's definately made some improvements but he now needs to work on them in the minors for a couple of months.

Now if the Sox could find a way to bring in another outfielder or something, then I definately would be for it, especially now that I have concern over Wright's health.

i thought dau looked pretty good this past weekend.......

I forgot about him. I realized it after I made the post. Also, why not just sign Finley or Rogers. I know we lose a draft pick, but if it means the Sox can go to the series then a 2nd round pick is a small price to pay. He'd be a lefty, has pitched in the AL pretty much is entire career minus parts of last season and would be a pretty darn good #5. Plus, right now it would be nice to have insurance in case Wright goes down.

If thats the case, then I think Aaron Miles makes the team. I'm going to do a write up tomorrow, but damn I like that kid. Remember, I was anti Miles beforehand.

That's always good to hear

How the hell was that trip anyways?

I forgot about him. I realized it after I made the post. Also, why not just sign Finley or Rogers. I know we lose a draft pick, but if it means the Sox can go to the series then a 2nd round pick is a small price to pay. He'd be a lefty, has pitched in the AL pretty much is entire career minus parts of last season and would be a pretty darn good #5. Plus, right now it would be nice to have insurance in case Wright goes down.

If thats the case, then I think Aaron Miles makes the team. I'm going to do a write up tomorrow, but damn I like that kid. Remember, I was anti Miles beforehand.

Jas....we warned you before.....it is not wise to not take HSC's word to heart. I trust her when it comes to Sox players.

Guest hotsoxchick1

trip was good.. was nice to be in the sun.. i tried to look up our mr. bullard but had no luck.. i did however get to sit down and talk a little while with my hero mr. miles... a common friend did the introductions.....i was very happy to have that chance... hes a wonderful guy........and im not being biased.............i would love to have him on the team......

jas you were very anti miles.. what changed your mind?????????

trip was good.. was nice to be in the sun.. i tried to look up our mr. bullard but had no luck.. i did however get to sit down and talk a little while with my hero mr. miles... a common friend did the introductions.....i was very happy to have that chance... hes a wonderful guy........and im not being biased.............i would love to have him on the team......

jas you were very anti miles.. what changed your mind?????????

I'm studying for a test but I got quite a few things to say about him tomorrow after the test when I can write a long thing up. He's gonna be right there very high up on the list, along with Sanders and Munoz.

I met up with Bullard over at the minor league facilities, he was pretty nice. I never did see ya Michelle. I looked for you and waited for the phone call, but without luck. The weather sure was nice out there though.

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas i was hangin with a very good friend while i was down there.. we were right behind home plate at the scrubs game..... did ya see a guy in a blue shirt and a gal in a white shirt... that would have been us.......sorry about the phone call.. i didnt take my cell charger and my battery went dead the first nite i was there.... never thought about that happening......i didnt get to see mr. bullard but i hope you gave him our best.....

You shouldn't want Griffey just because the chance of him playing more than 100 games is probly 50%...and he's old

I have liked what i've seen and heard about Daubach so far....

This Wright injury is really bugging me...i'm just hoping it takes care of itself somehow and he takes the ball on the 4th day...i don't like putting 2 of heredia, loaiza, rauch, and stewart into the rotation. I'd be up for signing Finley or Rogers, in that order. We could use the extra arm to eat up some innings, and even if Wright does come back right away, it's not like that creates a problem. A 2nd lefty in the rotation is money and the guaranteed innings is a huge plus.

You shouldn't want Griffey just because the chance of him playing more than 100 games is probly 50%...and he's old

Griffey is younger than Thomas, and Thomas turns 35 this year.

Neither one of those 2 are old. Thomas is aged, and Griffey is at the end of his prime years(which were wasted by injuries)...but neither are old. If you want old....you look at Edgar Martinez or Randy Johnson or Barry Bonds....a guy that is very close to being 40, or older.

Ancient is like Jesse Orosco...I can't believe he's still playing.

Griffey is younger than Thomas, and Thomas turns 35 this year.

Neither one of those 2 are old.  Thomas is aged, and Griffey is at the end of his prime years(which were wasted by injuries)...but neither are old.  If you want old....you look at Edgar Martinez or Randy Johnson or Barry Bonds....a guy that is very close to being 40, or older.

Ancient is like Jesse Orosco...I can't believe he's still playing.

Orosco's presence in the league is due to the lack of quality bullpen lefties. He's still decent, but there's no way he should be on a major league squad IMO.

you would have to be nuts not to.

it is my theory that when people disagree with me, neither of us are nuts, just two differing opinions,

but that indeed if in a difference of opinion, one of two people has to be nuts, it is surely never I. :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
If you want old....a guy that is very close to being 40, or older.

:fyou

some day it will be you... :nono

40 is old???? damn i can run circles around most of you young punks here....lol lol lol lol lol..........do we need to challange them cw??? :D

Morris and Pujols are gonna do nothing but decline for the next couple years, while MB and Lee get better and better.

What do you base that thinking upon?

Albert Pujols is 23 years old and been in the majors 2 years...here are his stats for his first two years:

2001 .329 37 130

2002 .314 34 127

Morris is in his 5th year and at 28 years old he is lifetime 64-34 with a 3.18 career ERA!

Pujols is twice the player Lee will ever be and IMO Morris is just as good as MB, and certainly good enough to make up the difference between Lee and Pujols.

I don't really believe in stats, mainly because they cant predict the future. I believe in what my eyes and my gut instincts tell me, and my guts tell me that Pujols and Morris cant continue to put up those numbers and Lee will improve, while MB continues wut hes doing right now.

I don't really believe in stats, mainly because they cant predict the future. I believe in what my eyes and my gut instincts tell me, and my guts tell me that Pujols and Morris cant continue to put up those numbers and Lee will improve, while MB continues wut hes doing right now.

They say the best way to predict future behavior is to look at past behavior. And, if you merely look at the stats of the 4 players mentioned in this mock trade, you'd say "do it" from the Sox' perspective.

However, I agree with whitesox247. I have a feeling that Lee is going to be something special, and we already know that MB is something special who is only going to get better with experience. Pujols and Morris are good, but I'll take Lee and Mark over them.