Where were you 25 years ago today?

witesoxfan

God bless you and the horse you rode in on. You had to be a teenager at the time to fully grasp these feelings. It was the night Disco died and rock'n roll was born again.

Rock on, man. Did you watch the 25th anniversary special tonight? I felt 17 again. I still do. I just ordered the DVD.

Anyone who didn't experience that time as a teenager just cannot understand what went down. Old men will shake their heads with Bill Gleason, like Marlon Brando in "Apocalypse Now" ("The horror...the horror") Kids that are the age we were then will say, "What's a record?" (It's happened to me)

No matter what the overall perception is, no matter what retroactive, hindsight "black eye" people think this left on the city, the rockers who were there know what happened. God bless you now and always as well.

And I TOTALLY forgot what a total and complete fox Lorelei was.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 years ago I sat in my dorn room in River Forest and watched the game on TV. People forget the the White Sox announcer was Harry Carrey (and Jimmy Peirsal). Harry was so impressed withg the size of the crowd during the first game. He told the other radio stations that had special nights at Comiskey Park that they were going to have to really work to do as well as WLUP. He never imagined what was coming! And yes, I still have my LOOP t-shirt!

Bluesox;

I wonder if Lorelei still has her Loop T-shirt?

I can't upload my picture of her, dammit!

Hey, I guess I could!!

Special Message to CWSOX:

Did you KNOW that the exact frequency of the Loop is 98.76, or was that just a fantastic coincidence?

Damn, look at that set of...eyes...on her. They don't make eyes like that anymore.

Dear Minnesota Person;

Yes, she WAS in her 30's. When I went to look for an uploadable picture of hers, I found a lengthy interview with her where she shares that information.

My 25-year-old passion for her has just gone up in flames. What a conceited, arrogant, condescending prima-donna! I wish I hadn't read that whole interview, which basically boiled down to, "I'm so incredibly gorgeous, I'm so incredibly gorgeous, I'm so incredibly gorgeous...I don't even like baseball, and it was disturbing to have all these little boys gawking at me because I'm so incredibly hot...did I tell you how gorgeous I am? I'd NEVER take my clothes off, because I'm SO...did I tell you how gorgeous I am?"

Well I have news for you, Lorelei; Kiera Knightley has replaced you forever!

Bluesox;

I wonder if Lorelei still has her Loop T-shirt?

I can't upload my picture of her, dammit!

Hey, I guess I could!!

Special Message to CWSOX:

Did you KNOW that the exact frequency of the Loop is 98.76, or was that just a fantastic coincidence?

Damn, look at that set of...eyes...on her.  They don't make eyes like that anymore.

I thought the Loop's frequency was 97.9?