We are BACK

Molto

hmm proven in the majors... well lets see, just how many of our guys were proven, before they came up, in the majors????? i can think of maybe  a small handful.... gotta start sometime huh.. and why not go with the better defensive person.. why not go with the better offensive person.....makes sense to me ... i dont care if "royce jimenez" spent only a small amount of time on a major team and miles never saw one... the better person right now as of today is miles.... his nubmers show it (since your so hung up on them) and his actions show it... (since thats my hang up)..... give him the chance and ill bet he does circles around what was once touted as the top prospect BEFORE his accident........give him the chance to show otherwise.. why not.. hes showing right now that he can handle it..... and unlike "royce jimenez" his defensive skills are far more superior.......if it were up to me i would go with the guy who  works hard and shows he  has a desire to be on the team.. not the asshole who walks around like hes owed the job.......mho though.....

Hook me up with some minor league numbers of Aaron's. It will help me better understand all the hype.

Also, I saw someone mention that he only had 40 walks in 500 at-bats last year. Is that true? If so, will you admit that he should not lead off any team if those numbers continue?

Jimenez is the better 2B HSC.

Miles is good, I like him A LOT, but talent wise and production wise, right now, Jimenez has the lead.

I think Miles should be considered, but in no way is he clearly better than Jimenez as you suggest.

how you figure royce is better than miles .. miles is outhitting him and surely is better defensivly .... royce hasnt got the range factor miles has.. surely you saw that this past week........and the back factor plays in here too.. its been acting up on royce so its only a matter of time before it puts him out.....im sorry i disagree with you here on this one ... miles is by far the better productive player....... i stand firm on that........

Jimenez has a stronger arm and better range. There is a reason he can play shortstop. Spring training number wise, look at Jimenez's obp. He's been spectacular. Look at the fact that Jimenez last season with the Sox put up a very impressive obp. Then in his first full season with the Padres he was also very impressive, especially since he was a rookie.

HSC, if Miles were to start on this team come March 31, I'd be okay with it. I love his hustle, BUT Jimenez is still the better, more proven of the two. He put up great numbers in the minors a few years ago before getting hurt and proved last year how good he can be.

defensively, I would have to pick Miles over Jimenez, but not to the point where I could see him topping him. Miles has never faced major league pitching, while Jimenez has. That, and the fact that Jimenez has done nothing to warrant him losing his job, leaves me to believe Jimenez should start.

I will say this, Miles should make the team, no DOUBT about that. I love his play and I think he can be a productive player, BUT not until Jimenez proves otherwise.

Give Miles the job at second is like making the Sox favorites for the division. He has to prove he is better than Jimenez during the season and at the major league level, just like the Sox have to prove they are better than the Twins. Until then, Miles is still second to Jimenez.

how you figure royce is better than miles

Your continued use of the name "Royce" in reference to D'Angelo is quite immature and idiotic. I would hope you're more mature than that.

And I wonder how you'll feel about D'Angelo if he scores 130 runs and helps lead this Sox team to a World Series ring. Would you admit you were wrong, or would you stubbornly say "Aaron is better"?

Guest hotsoxchick1
how you figure royce is better than miles

Your continued use of the name "Royce" in reference to D'Angelo is quite immature and idiotic. I would hope you're more mature than that.

And I wonder how you'll feel about D'Angelo if he scores 130 runs and helps lead this Sox team to a World Series ring. Would you admit you were wrong, or would you stubbornly say "Aaron is better"?

my reference to "royce" in place of "d'anglo" is just as i see it.. they are one and the same in attitude.... both think they are owed something.... both think their collective s*** dont stink and both are complete assholes personality wise... sorry you dont like it and think it imature, but i call it like it is.. sit and try to talk with him for a while youll see what i mean.......the only thing that makes them different at present is that jimenez isnt f***ing franks ex.... im sure that will happen sooner or later though... of course clayton is only in milwaukee (not that far from chicago) so there may be some competition between the two........if jimenez even come close to scoring 130 runs and even better yet actually plays a vital part in helping the sox get to the world series not only will i admit hes the better player ill go personally kiss his bare ass....... but he just isnt gonna do it.....so thats a safe statement............aaron is better i stand firm on that and you will see when d'angelo goes down with back problems mid way through the season.......not wishing the guy bad luck, but i dont see him making a full season ........miles will be here.....and he is the better player.......

I'm back too. my god damned pc crashed. It was my fault though. I'm re-installing windows again at my buddys house now. i have some catching up to do tomorrow.

welcome back mario and jay

Welcome back, RPS or whipwreck or CredeFan or whatever the name de jour is!

Using a pc with a system invented by Bill "Royce" Gates? Get a Mac!

:lol:

I was wondering where you were - I get to see you in less than a month! You are coming to opening day, right? Just bring the truck! :bringit

I'm back too. my god damned pc crashed. It was my fault though. I'm re-installing windows again at my buddys house now. i have some catching up to do tomorrow.

welcome back mario and jay

Welcome back, RPS or whipwreck or CredeFan or whatever the name de jour is!

Using a pc with a system invented by Bill "Royce" Gates? Get a Mac!

:lol:

I was wondering where you were - I get to see you in less than a month! You are coming to opening day, right? Just bring the truck! :bringit

You got a Mac? I do.

You got a Mac? I do.

you know all the really coooool people use Macs! :lol:

iMac at home, G4s at the office, and titanium powerbook in the bedroom stictly to listen to sox games over MLB as I fall asleep at night - with the apple hubs and routers in this place, I have maybe $6,000 worth of equipment just so that I can lay in bed and listen to the Sox on the (internet) radio just like I did with my transistor when I was 16! :)

You got a Mac? I do.

iMac at home, G4s at the office, and titanium powerbook in the bedroom stictly to listen to sox games over MLB as I fall asleep at night - with the apple hubs and routers in this place, I have maybe $6,000 worth of equipment just so that I can lay in bed and listen to the Sox on the (internet) radio just like I did with my transistor when I was 16! :)

We have an iMac. Nothing special. Get Jaguar if you haven't already. It is totally worth it. Just make sure you have the latest version of 9 and the latest firmware for your machine. We didn't and it cost us. :)

You got a Mac? I do.

The only mack i ever use is a 13 ton truck. :D . And it's plenty powerful.