July's Excuse For an Offense

ChiSox_Sonix

In 14 games in July we have managed:

45 runs or 3.2/game

Been held under 3 runs 8 times

Been held under 4 runs 11 times

Have 79 hits or 5.6/game

Of our 79 hits, 17 are HRs (22%)

Been held to 5 hits or less EIGHT times (57%)

Of our 45 runs, 25 have come via home runs (56%)

And somehow, we've managed to go 6-8. With such putrid numbers as those, we should feel somewhat lucky to have that record

:puke

Crede, Uribe, Borchard and Davis can't be in the lineup at the same time, ever. Maggs, lets face it, sucks right now and probably will for another week or two. If Frank doesn't get hurt, he's in the minors right now.

The Sox should absolutely forget about getting any more pitching help this season. They need offense - and Everett ain't enough.

Weird because as a Sox fan I usually look forward to July as one of our best offensive months.  With Maggs feeling fresh and the acquisition of Everett combined with heating up of Rowand and hopefully Crede, I look forward to the rest of this season.

Crede? Crede? Crede?

What makes you think that Crede is coming around. This guy is nothing but a stiff with an enormous swing who will be lucky to bat 235 at years end. He looked like a complete goof on that foul pop this afternoon. Forget about Joe Crede providing any offense this year. Add Uribe, Borchard and Davis and my 14 year old son could get them all out.

Crede?  Crede?  Crede?

What makes you think that Crede is coming around.  This guy is nothing but a stiff with an enormous swing who will be lucky to bat 235 at years end.  He looked like a complete goof on that foul pop this afternoon.  Forget about Joe Crede providing any offense this year.  Add Uribe, Borchard and Davis and my 14 year old son could get them all out.

Yeah, because you know, Crede has never shown a history of hitting very well in the second half. I mean, we should just trade his sorry ass... rolleyeyes.gif

Your intelligence is shining bright, my friend...

Yeah, because you know, Crede has never shown a history of hitting very well in the second half.  I mean, we should just trade his sorry ass...  rolleyeyes.gif

Your intelligence is shining bright, my friend...

Last time I looked, Crede has only HAD 2 previous second halfs, so it's not as though he's got some long track record of greatness after the all star break. Admittedly, in those 2 seasons he has hit .297 after the break but twice is not a track record. :nono

We'll see.