Help Me Cheer On The Sox (Part I)

kapkomet

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what we need from Carl. Take pitches, take his walk. I doubt he'll be able to walk as much as Big Hurt, but if he could replace part of that, it'd be great.

BTW - I have a question about OBP. How is it determined? Hits + Walks / ABs? But, in OBP, isn't a walk considered an AB? So, do you then have to add the walks to the ABs?

That's exactly what we need from Carl.  Take pitches, take his walk.  I doubt he'll be able to walk as much as Big Hurt, but if he could replace part of that, it'd be great.

BTW - I have a question about OBP.  How is it determined?  Hits + Walks / ABs?  But, in OBP, isn't a walk considered an AB?  So, do you then have to add the walks to the ABs?

On-base percentage

(H + BB + HBP) divided by (AB + BB + HBP + SF)

I agree he should have stayed put, I'm just saying that mistake washes out with the others. Granted we should capitalize on mistakes and reduce our own, however the luck has evened out so far.

He had third base, it's just that he slipped as he came right around second base. After that, he should have just walked back to second. Rather he tried to make it to third - oh well, move on.

Inning over. After 1, 2-0 Sox. Rowand, Crede, Alomar coming up in the lineup.

And - did I mention how much I like having Sandy behind the plate? He might not have the cannon or the bat, but he is such a good presence behind the plate, and he can still handle those pitches in the dirt with the best of 'em.

And - did I mention how much I like having Sandy behind the plate?  He might not have the cannon or the bat, but he is such a good presence behind the plate, and he can still handle those pitches in the dirt with the best of 'em.

That’s why he’s here with the White Sox. I agree with you that he is still a great catcher and has really been something over the years.

And - did I mention how much I like having Sandy behind the plate?  He might not have the cannon or the bat, but he is such a good presence behind the plate, and he can still handle those pitches in the dirt with the best of 'em.

RBI Single for Sandy. 3-0 Sox. :P