France

Soxfest

Who would think that France is actually saving OUR ass for once!  Not letting Georgie boy go off to fight an illegal war.

think the UN will bring war crimes against the US and have president bush arrested if this is an illegal war as you say???....

the UN,,which is our baby and was founded on our ideals of freedom has turned into a billion dollar debating society where when faced with 800,000 rwands massacred cant even come together to go in by force and do something about it...or they back down on a vote to go to war with serbia because russia threatened to use its veto power..the UN like france has become a disgrace..

did you know in 95 france abstained in a vote that was to send inspection teams back into iraq after in 94 when saddam kicked the out??...saying it wasnt necessary..and in 97 they also abstained on a vote to form hans blix inspection team and step up inspection...again saying it wasnt necessary....the french have no intention of removing saddam...its a great business deal for france...france is a joke

for those of you who are anti-war there are plenty of reasons you can find to support your position..please dont destroy your credibility by using the french as an example...

France really is led by a bunch of morons. I have no problem with them going against us but the fact that they tell other countries not to go against us or else is blackmailing and that doesnt deserve our friendship.

But whatever, they can be Iraqs friends. Their military is weaker than Iraqs and their economy depends on Iraq and thats why Chirac doesnt want a war. Hes preaches peace in Iraq but then he goes off and then he supports Saddam whos only the worst and most brutal dictator of our time. Whatta hypocrite.

And another thing, we dont need Frances help in this war. The only war theyve ever won is the French Revolution and thats cuz they were the only ones fighting! So screw em, we dont need em!

Who would think that France is actually saving OUR ass for once!  Not letting Georgie boy go off to fight an illegal war.

Its not an illegal war. When France uses its veto power it will simply imply restrictions that will give Saddam a bit more time, but in the end the war will still be fine.

Now it will be the first time that the US fires first on an enemy. I know there are documents that say the war is illegal if you fire first or something along those lines, but a lot of documents all wash eachother out. Things get repeaeted and said in so many different lines/angles with the UN and in general.

*hopefully that makes sense*

wait a minute...we wont strike first....we have been bombing iraq on a weekly basis for atleast 12 years now..now we have tripled those missions....technically we arnt starting a war...just stepping up the effort  ;)

True, and ex-humanitarian aid directors of the UN have deemed that consistant bombing "genocide".

wait a minute...we wont strike first....we have been bombing iraq on a weekly basis for atleast 12 years now..now we have tripled those missions....technically we arnt starting a war...just stepping up the effort  ;)

True, and ex-humanitarian aid directors of the UN have deemed that consistant bombing "genocide".

really..does that mean they will come and arrest bill clinton and bring him up on war crimes charges :D

wait a minute...we wont strike first....we have been bombing iraq on a weekly basis for atleast 12 years now..now we have tripled those missions....technically we arnt starting a war...just stepping up the effort  ;)

really..does that mean they will come and arrest bill clinton and bring him up on war crimes charges :D

Actually William Blum has been advocating war crimes charges for Bush Sr., Colin Powell, Madeline Albright, Clinton, and Dubya and his cohorts as well for these crimes.

But, Powell and the U.S. have told the World Court that if we charge any of them and have trials there, they will invade to remove the party on trial.

K i havent been on this site very long, but i already know this guy is our resident pyscho. Get help my man, lol.

What illegal war? Iraq is already in material breach of 1441. We have evrything, legally, that we need to go right now. We are just trying to get a more positive opinion from the UN before we do. And it's about time we stopped trying. Our guys are sitting over there fighting sandstorms and trying to keep that equipment maintained, and it's getting hotter every day. If we are going to go, it's time to do so. f*** France.

What illegal war?  Iraq is already in material breach of 1441.  We have evrything, legally, that we need to go right now.  We are just trying to get a more positive opinion from the UN before we do.  And it's about time we stopped trying.  Our guys are sitting over there fighting sandstorms and trying to keep that equipment maintained, and it's getting hotter every day.  If we are going to go, it's time to do so.  f*** France.

If we go to war we are in breach of the Kellogg-Brand Pact, UN Resolution of 1990 (assuming we go into Baghdad for regime change), violation of the Nuremburg Tribunal verdicts, etc. That is quite illegal.

wait a minute...we wont strike first....we have been bombing iraq on a weekly basis for atleast 12 years now..now we have tripled those missions....technically we arnt starting a war...just stepping up the effort  ;)

Where would I find that information? Most people don't believe my assertion that this was the case and frankly I can't remember where I heard that first, nor can I prove it. Help would be appreciated.

Where would I find that information? Most people don't believe my assertion that this was the case and frankly I can't remember where I heard that first, nor can I prove it. Help would be appreciated.

people dont believe you....i thought everyone knew that as common knowledge???...i dont where you could go to get documentation..all through the 90's there would be reports every couple of months or so that iraqis fired on one of our jets in the no fly zone...we have been bombing in the northern and southern no fly zones since the gulf war ended..i cant believe there are people out there that refuse to believe that

people dont believe you....i thought everyone knew that as common knowledge???...i dont where you could go to get documentation..all through the 90's there would be reports every couple of months or so that iraqis fired on one of our jets in the no fly zone...we have been bombing in the northern and southern no fly zones since the gulf war ended..i cant believe there are people out there that refuse to believe that

I expected that answear, but did also expect a rally from the other side of the spectrum as far as this board goes. You win this one good sir, I concede this one and will scrutinize other posts with claims of the like in the future.