18 Consecutive Scoreless Innings

TLAK

Last night Buehrle threw the most dominating game I have seen since Lamar Hoyt beat the Yankees in the second half of 1983. I've seen the Jack McDowel throw great games and Alverez's no-no on TV but I don't remember a pitcher who commanded the opposition like Mark did since Lamar. I say this because the Indians are a good hitting team and they never rolled over, Mark just beat their best.

Then Freddy Garcia was excellent tonight, he didn't match Buerhle but the Indians looked good at the plate and just couldn't crack him. These ain't no bums they're getting out.

In '83 the pitchers took over after the All-Star break. Team defense, just enough runs and opponents mistakes all contributed to winning ugly, but the starters won the division. I'm starting to feel the same combination.

Mark Buerle, Freddy Garcia, Estaban Loaiza, Jon Garland and Scott Schoenewiess.

Lamar Hoyt, Floyd Bannister, Britt Burns, Jerry Koosman, Richard Dotson.

It certainly is a good feeling isn't it. I hope they can keep it going because right now it doesn't look like the Twinkies are going to go away. It will be a good race, but I sure hope we crush those Creamies. Like Eddie Stanky said in 1967: "their a bunch of cheeseheads."

It certainly is a good feeling isn't it. I hope they can keep it going because right now it doesn't look like the Twinkies are going to go away. It will be a good race, but I sure hope we crush those Creamies. Like Eddie Stanky said in 1967: "their a bunch of cheeseheads."

We wouldn't go away either if we got to play KC, Detroit, and Tampa Bay all the time either. We just got done with a 4-game set against Oakland(one of the best teams in the league), we got done with a 2-game set against Texas(who is only first in the AL West), and we just got done with another 2-game set against Cleveland(who has an upper tier offense, right along with the Yankees and Rangers...when we have Frank in the lineup, we are right there too).

When Minnesota starts playing real teams, they will go down in the standings.

When Minnesota starts playing real teams, they will go down in the standings.

Which comes this August, where the easiest part of the Twins' schedule is a home series against Cleveland in the middle of the month. That month is filled with games against the tough AL West, while our Sox get a steady diet of Detroit, KC, and Cleveland. The only two series that are really questionable for our Sox are the two against Boston, which I seriously could see splitting. August HUGELY favors our Sox.

Though we only have, IIRC, one day off in the last month and a half, our competition really isn't as tough as what has been faced already (THIS time Oakland comes HERE), and we finish the season off with Detroit and Kansas City, while the Twins have a series in the final week against the Yankees!

All we gotta do is pound the Twins into submission in our last 9 games with them (we're 7-3 against them already), and you can basically put margarine on them, because they'll be TOAST!