Jose Mesa and Omar Vizquel

witesoxfan

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok after many attempts i cant get that link to work for me for some reason.... so could someone be so kind to clue me in as to what happened..... thanks.........

will mesa get suspended??

I don't know....I assume he'll probably get fined some, and he will never face Omar Vizquel....Bowa won't allow it(or I presume he won't).

HSC.....it basically says Mesa is pissed about Vizquel's comments in his book that come out and say that Mesa was the reason the Indians lost the World Series in 1997(Indians up 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th, and he gave up the tying run). Mesa than said "I'm going to hit Vizquel every time I face him....if I face him 10 times, I'll hit him 10 times." He also said that if Omar charges the mound, he'll "kill him."

Omar was humorous about the whole situation, saying "I got soft-hands. It would be flyweight against heavyweight."

It then goes on to explain about how they were actually pretty good friends for a while, but when that comment in his book came out, Mesa got pissed as hell....I don't think they'll be talking much anymore.

In other words, Mesa is pissed about Vizquel's comments and wants to beat the living s*** out of him.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I don't know....I assume he'll probably get fined some, and he will never face Omar Vizquel....Bowa won't allow it(or I presume he won't).

HSC.....it basically says Mesa is pissed about Vizquel's comments in his book that come out and say that Mesa was the reason the Indians lost the World Series in 1997(Indians up 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th, and he gave up the tying run). Mesa than said "I'm going to hit Vizquel every time I face him....if I face him 10 times, I'll hit him 10 times." He also said that if Omar charges the mound, he'll "kill him."

Omar was humorous about the whole situation, saying "I got soft-hands. It would be flyweight against heavyweight."

It then goes on to explain about how they were actually pretty good friends for a while, but when that comment in his book came out, Mesa got pissed as hell....I don't think they'll be talking much anymore.

In other words, Mesa is pissed about Vizquel's comments and wants to beat the living s*** out of him.

geez is that all.. well it was mesa's fault... he f***ed it up.....lol he blew the last few pitches.... and then in turn the end result was a lost game.....im sure if finley was on the mound little o would have said the same thing about him lol.... of course chucky boy wouldnt threaten to kill little o.... lmao.... mesa sucks and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with a wrecking ball.. so little o doesnt have much to worry about lol. lol lol lol ......

geez is that all.. well it was mesa's fault... he f***ed it up.....lol he blew the last few pitches.... and then in turn the end result was a lost game.....im sure if finley was on the mound little o would have said the same thing about him lol.... of course chucky boy wouldnt threaten to kill little o.... lmao.... mesa sucks and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with a wrecking ball.. so little o doesnt have much to worry about lol. lol lol lol ......

he didnt just say he would kill him once..he went into a tirade and said it over and over..and has pretty much been saying "i will killl him , i will kill him with my bare hands" for a while now...he cant seem to get over it..lol

Jas....if you want to know the truth....it was Rivera that blew the 2001 World Series for the Yankees. His error was the key to the Yankees fall. If that play is made, there is 1 out, a runner on first, and Jay Bell up. He could have gotten out of a 1 on, 1 out jam....but instead had a 2 on, none out jam. He got 1 out, then gave up a double....and then hit Counsell. Then Lugo Gonzo came up....and the rest is history.

What bugs me about that is that the only games they will ever show out of that are games 3, 4, and 5, when in reality, game 7 had to have been the best baseball game I've ever watched in my life.

Hey, I wonder why they will only show games 3, 4, and 5.....hmmmm...

What bugs me about that is that the only games they will ever show out of that are games 3, 4, and 5, when in reality, game 7 had to have been the best baseball game I've ever watched in my life.

I agree. Game 7 was the best game I've ever seen too. The comebacks by the Yankees were pretty incredible (even though I wanted to jump out the window), but nothing in that series tops game 7.

Another aside on Omar. He was the subject of one of the absolute worst trades ever. He broke in with Seattle and had about 4 good years there-really a tremendous fielder, and the team was not drawing very well, so they had a perceived budget problem, and Omar was due to earn about $2-3 million via arbitration, so they gave him, yes, gave him to the Indians. All they got in return was some broken down SS at the end of his career who lasted less than one full season before he was released, and he was awful. His name escapes me. One of the worst trades ever, as Omar had many great years with the Tribe and was the cornerstone of their infield, plus a pretty decent hitter, too. The Seattle GM, who I believe was Jim Beatty, should have been shot for such poor judgement. How can you justify giving up a young player like Omar for nothing, just to get rid of a medium range salary. Cleveland went on to have several pretty good years, if I recall.

Ooooooooo, I'm sure Vizquel is scared (cough*sarcasm*cough). He won't be bothered with a threat like, "I'm going to hit him." If anything, I hope Vizquel reads that and the next time they are facing each other, the Indians have a man on thrid, Mesa chcuks one at Omar, and Vizquel jumps out of the way, causing the ball to miss him and roll to the stopper in the back, scoring the man on third. Ohhhhh man, would that be a laugh :D !!!!

Another aside on Omar.  He was the subject of one of the absolute worst trades ever.  He broke in with Seattle and had about 4 good years there-really a tremendous fielder, and the team was not drawing very well, so they had a perceived budget problem, and Omar was due to earn about $2-3 million via arbitration, so they gave him, yes, gave him to the Indians.  All they got in return was some broken down SS at the end of his career who lasted less than one full season before he was released, and he was awful.  His name escapes me.  One of the worst trades ever, as Omar had many great years with the Tribe and was the cornerstone of their infield, plus a pretty decent hitter, too.  The Seattle GM, who I believe was Jim Beatty, should have been shot for such poor judgement.  How can you justify giving up a young player like Omar for nothing, just to get rid of a medium range salary.  Cleveland went on to have several pretty good years, if I recall.

LMAO...Felix Fermin?

It was him and Reggie Jefferson for Omar.

Great trade, M's.

Another aside on Omar.  He was the subject of one of the absolute worst trades ever.  He broke in with Seattle and had about 4 good years there-really a tremendous fielder, and the team was not drawing very well, so they had a perceived budget problem, and Omar was due to earn about $2-3 million via arbitration, so they gave him, yes, gave him to the Indians.  All they got in return was some broken down SS at the end of his career who lasted less than one full season before he was released, and he was awful.  His name escapes me.  One of the worst trades ever, as Omar had many great years with the Tribe and was the cornerstone of their infield, plus a pretty decent hitter, too.  The Seattle GM, who I believe was Jim Beatty, should have been shot for such poor judgement.  How can you justify giving up a young player like Omar for nothing, just to get rid of a medium range salary.  Cleveland went on to have several pretty good years, if I recall.

LMAO...Felix Fermin?

It was him and Reggie Jefferson for Omar.

Great trade, M's.

I remember Jefferson. He used to play for boston didnt he? Was pretty decent if memory serves me right...

Well what is funny about this whole thing is Mesa said that if Vizquel came to apologize, he'd punch him in the face, THEN kill him....uh, sure Jose. I mean i guess he has to punch him first for good measure. Whatever that's supposed to mean. Hopefully they play each other in 2005. And if not, suck it Mesa, you sucked in that game, you blew it, go to hell. Vizquel was only telling the truth.