Alou blames Carey and Stone for problems

I saw this in the sun times and i had to post it

From the sun-times

Alou said Cubs broadcasters Steve Stone and Chip Caray are one of the reasons why the offense isn't accorded sufficient credit by the entire media. While Greg Maddux's second consecutive complete-game victory proved further cause to celebrate the pitching, Alou argued his case for the offense not playing second banana to all those big-cheese arms.

"Ask Steve Stone and Chip Caray and the rest of the media,'' Alou said when asked to explain why he believes the pitching element often supercedes the hitting as a Cubs strength. "Don't get me wrong. Our starting pitching is unreal, maybe the best in the league. But it just keeps coming up -- pitchers this, pitchers that. That's all you hear.

"Sometimes it gets kind of old. They keep talking about [Mark] Prior 100 percent, [Kerry] Wood 100 percent. This team is so much pitching-oriented that sometimes it [ticks] you off. What about the rest of the game?

"It's not just pitching. It's about defense, offense, everything. For some reason you hear on the TV that all they are talking about is all the negative stuff. They are mainly talking about pitchers. They don't give the offense any credit.''

Steve stones response

Stone was reached by cell phone while driving after Thursday's game to take the Cubs charter flight to Philadelphia with Alou and the rest of the team, which opens a series tonight against the Phillies.

"I don't know how much TV Moises watches during the game,'' Stone said. "But if he is watching during games, I assume that's not a good thing. We talk about hitters and their statistics every time they come to bat. It's not football. Offense is half the game in baseball, so we spend half our time talking about offense. We do happen to have superlative pitching. I don't know if he's noticed that.''

Entire Article :lolhitting

I think they need Jerry Manual to create a zen like state and improve the chemistry. Baker is the wrong guy for this team and the last guy I'd have allowed around a young pitching staff. So to the Tribune Company, I offer a :cheers :cheers :lolhitting