kenny rogers a twinkie

baggio202

Rogers, career against the White Sox....

20-14 with a 4.81 ERA in 314.6 innings....while allowing a .264 average.

We hit him pretty well. And I believe he was best career against the Twins....a plus for them, not having to face him, but a negative at the same time, because others in the league do hit him hard as well.

I also read something about how pitchers with low K's-per 9 after a certain age are less effective the year after they have a great year. Kenny Rogers fits the criteria above....I don't know if it will remain true, but all the same.....a little tidbit. It is also a reason I'd rather sign Finley than Rogers....regardless of the fact that we'd have to give up a 2nd round pick.

Also....I'm done reading Jeff Pearlman. Just read another of his articles....and he claimed that Joe Crede was like the next coming(pretty much comparing him to Scott Rolen, saying only his arm works against him), but then saying we weren't even a good team, and that we'd win 80-83 games. Earlier in the article he had said he had been proven wrong by the Royals when they let go of Mark Quinn, when he said that Quinn was going to hit 40 homers this year....he then went on to attack the Royals as an organization and said that he'd sign with the Padres and hit 40 homers in San Diego. I hope we prove him wrong and I hope Quinn proves him wrong and I hope San Diego proves him wrong....I want the Sox to win like 100+ games, I want Quinn to sign with like Baltimore and not San Diego and I hope he hits like 10 homers....just so Pearlman can eat some crow. He is a stupid ass son of a b****.

Twins signed Rogers to a one-year contract for undisclosed terms. Hes scheduled to arrive on Wednesday for the Twins physical. He will replace Milton in the rotation. The Twins originally planned to move Santana to the rotation, but now Johan will remain in the bullpen.I think this was a pretty good pickup for the Twins, it will definately strenghthen their pitching, the bullpen will likely continue to dominate this season with Johan returning. But imo Rogers will not have a good year, shows the Twins are seriously trying to defend their division championship tough.

Heres the link on MLB

why do you think the amount wasn't disclosed?  I always wondered when sport teams announces a signing and they say undisclosed what that truly means.

Yeah, I've never understood that either.

Maybe the terms aren't set in stone yet? :huh:

Oh man, I can't wait until that inevitable day when Rogers gets the start against our boys....wonder if there will be any added incentive or any comments made in the clubhouse about showing this guy what team he COULD have been on?

Would love to know the details of the deal....can't imagine they offered more than the Sox did....not at this late date....

As much as I don't like seeing him going to a divison rival, I don't believe Rogers will perform as expected in Minnesota as he did for the Rangers, if he goes to Minnesota. I mean, Rogers went 13-8 with a 3.84 ERA in 33 starts, which isn't bad, but it isn't good while you look at the offense. The whole year he was backed with Alex Rodriguez and Rafael Palmeiro, half of the year by Ivan Rodriguez, and like a quarter of the year by Juan Gonzalez. I mean going to a team like the Twin's, who have more power in their pitching than they do their offense. If Rogers signs with the Twinkies, I do not believe we will seem he perform as well as people would expect him to.

As much as I don't like seeing him going to a divison rival, I don't believe Rogers will perform as expected in Minnesota as he did for the Rangers, if he goes to Minnesota. I mean, Rogers went 13-8 with a 3.84 ERA in 33 starts, which isn't bad, but it isn't good while you look at the offense. The whole year he was backed with Alex Rodriguez and Rafael Palmeiro, half of the year by Ivan Rodriguez, and like a quarter of the year by Juan Gonzalez. I mean going to a team like the Twin's, who have more power in their pitching than they do their offense. If Rogers signs with the Twinkies, I do not believe we will seem he perform as well as people would expect him to.

Well, I don't want to defend Rogers or any member of the Twins, but...

If you look at last year's Sox stats, Danny Wright had an ERA over a half run more than Jon Garland, and yet Wright won more games. Basically, what I'm saying is that when looking at how successful a pitcher was in a given year, wins/losses can be very misleading. The more telling number is ERA, and anything under 4 in the AL isn't bad -- especially for a guy that's going to be a 4th or 5th starter.

It's a one year, $2 million, with possibly $500,000 in incentives. Ha!  Bastard.

Wow. $2 mil plus another half in incentives....well, then, good for him...I guess you have to give the Twinkies some credit by opening their wallets and filling that #5 spot with a veteran...

Yeah, but Rogers has only had 1 good season in his last 4 and at 38 he's most not gonna get any better.

Yeah, I'm not saying that concearining his W-L coulmn, I am just saying he won't have as much to back him up as he did in Texas.

Good point. An ERA in the high 3's won't win as many games in Minnesota as it will in Texas. Good point.

Hopefully we'll help his ERA return to 2001 form when we face him. ;)

:bringit

Well, I don't want to defend Rogers or any member of the Twins, but...

If you look at last year's Sox stats, Danny Wright had an ERA over a half run more than Jon Garland, and yet Wright won more games. Basically, what I'm saying is that when looking at how successful a pitcher was in a given year, wins/losses can be very misleading. The more telling number is ERA, and anything under 4 in the AL isn't bad -- especially for a guy that's going to be a 4th or 5th starter.

An ERA under 4 in the American League is fantastic.

Yeah, but Rogers has only had 1 good season in his last 4 and at 38 he's most not gonna get any better.

Yeah, I'm not saying that concearining his W-L coulmn, I am just saying he won't have as much to back him up as he did in Texas.

Good point. An ERA in the high 3's won't win as many games in Minnesota as it will in Texas. Good point.

Hopefully we'll help his ERA return to 2001 form when we face him. ;)

:bringit

Then again, with the way the Twins can pick it in the field, his ERA may go down a half a run.