Would you do this?

I'm not sure Boston would say Garland is worth two players.

Hell, they may not think Garland is worth Nomar. I'm just thinking out loud about what might be possible at the deadline.

I'm thinking along the lines right now that we really have no other option, other then Felix Diaz, to put into the rotation to replace Garland.

What I mentioned will not happen because Boston will not give up 2 players for 1 like that...however, I would imagine that Garland + Valentin could net us Garciaparra, Lowe, and then some.

I just don't like losing Jose's lefty power.

2 former all stars....

Lowe's ERA this year is 5.56, his BAA against is over .300, his WHIP is 1.70+, he has nearly as many walks as K's, and even after all that, he's 9-9, thanks to having one of the best offenses in baseball behind him.

He was once an All-Star...but so was Royce Clayton.

I'm not sure Boston would say Garland is worth two players.

Hell, they may not think Garland is worth Nomar.

He's not. Garland alone wouldn't get the Bo Sox to deal Nomar either..... even with the spectre of Nomar leaving Boston at season's end. Epstein would be crazy to trade Nomar for Judy straight up.

No, not many people remember but Garland is only 24 years old....yes i know he hasnt shown us much, but he has had his stints at times. BUT he is 24 years old he was brought up very early I really have faith that this kid is gonna be really really good with a few years under his belt.....Mark, Freddy, and Jon are our future

Yes and no.

I would do the deal in a vaccuum. But I really get the feeling that the Sox are going to try to make a run at Nomar in the off season. Remember Art Tellum is Nomar's agent, who is also Frank's agent, with whom JR has an awesome relationship. Contracts have always been pretty easy and clear between the two. Even when there were problems they were solved quickly. Also being someone that is an easy sign, and a good clubhouse guy, could make JR and co extend the payroll to get him.

Plus seeing how Maggs is probably gone, I think JR knows he has to sign someone big to replace him. Guys like Beltran and Berkman aren't going to happen, and a guy like Nomar might.

No, not many people remember but Garland is only 24 years old....yes i know he hasnt shown us much, but he has had his stints at times. BUT he is 24 years old he was brought up very early I really have faith that this kid is gonna be really really good with a few years under his belt.

rolleyeyes.gif rolleyeyes.gif rolleyeyes.gif rolleyeyes.gif rolleyeyes.gif

Nomar wants to go to the West Coast where Mia wants to be.

I think after this year of being treated like a 2nd class citizen, Nomar would jump if someone showed him some love. You can tell the guys ego is so bruised. I think if JR called him after this season and said that we want you to be the face of the Chicago White Sox, this could happen. He would give it some thought, coupled with the fact that Tellum has a known ownership commodity in JR, it might be enough to push geographic situations aside.

I think after this year of being treated like a 2nd class citizen, Nomar would jump if someone showed him some love.  You can tell the guys ego is so bruised.  I think if JR called him after this season and said that we want you to be the face of the Chicago White Sox, this could happen. He would give it some thought, coupled with the fact that Tellum has a known ownership commodity in JR, it might be enough to push geographic situations aside.

I wish I had one-tenth of your optimism.