Danny Wright

clujer420

I've read a few people saying that they're very worried about the health of Dan Wright because "the Sox are being awfully quiet" about the status of his elbow inflammation.

I say -- what do you want the Sox to do, talk about it constantly? They said that he needs rest and that there's no damage (as shown by an MRI). What more do you want from them?

When his rest time is up, he'll try to go out and pitch, and if all goes well, he'll be fine. But in the meantime, the Sox don't really have much to say because there isn't much to BE said. End of story.

Yes, there's a reason to be worried...but it has nothing to do with what the Sox are or aren't saying.

I think it means more that he would rather have Wright in the #5 spot to be cautious since the #5 starter won't be pitching a whole lot early on. Wright will throw on the side tomorrow so there should be an update as to how he is doing.

Good analysis HawkDJ. Loaiza has earned a spot thus far in the rotation. Since DW is having elbow inflammation, it makes sense to move him to the number 5 spot where he'll start fewer games. I must admit, Loaiza has been a very pleasant surprise this ST..... especially since Rauch and Wright have been disappointing.

I think it means more that he would rather have Wright in the #5 spot to be cautious since the #5 starter won't be pitching a whole lot early on. Wright will throw on the side tomorrow so there should be an update as to how he is doing.

Good analysis HawkDJ. Loaiza has earned a spot thus far in the rotation. Since DW is having elbow inflammation, it makes sense to move him to the number 5 spot where he'll start fewer games. I must admit, Loaiza has been a very pleasant surprise this ST..... especially since Rauch and Wright have been disappointing.

speaking of rauch..i think he's in trouble

“I’m not throwing strikes, that’s what it means,” Rauch said. “If you don’t throw strikes, you won’t win ball games and you won’t succeed. Right now, I’m trying to get back to that and figure out what I’m doing wrong.”

Rauch was equally flustered when asked if any pitch in particular was giving him trouble.

“All of them are giving me trouble,” Rauch said. “The fastball is my bread-and-butter pitch to get ahead of guys and I can’t throw it for strikes.

I'm beginning to think that Rauch may be a guy who can't handle the pressure when he's fighting for a job. He had similar problems last season when he was fighting for a starter spot. When he was brought up late last season, he was lights-out. There was no pressure for him to perform exceptionally though. Same thing when he was on the Olympic team. He's on the team so there is no pressure..... and he was lights-out in the process. Hopefully Rauch can figure out what's impeding him because I have seen in person what JR can do. When he is on, he's awesome.

jerry manuel on tv today said that its looking more and more like loiaza will be the number FOUR starter..myself , i take that to mean danny wont be in the rotation come april

Loaiza qill be put in front of Racuh, which isn't what I had hoped for. Rauch is having a very tough time in Spring Training and Loaiza is looking great. Once Danny gets back it looks like Loaiza will be in the 5 spot, which I do not like, because I like Rauch a lot. I know Loaiza earned that spot and conrats to him, but I really like that kid Rauch.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I've read a few people saying that they're very worried about the health of Dan Wright because "the Sox are being awfully quiet" about the status of his elbow inflammation. 

I say -- what do you want the Sox to do, talk about it constantly?  They said that he needs rest and that there's no damage (as shown by an MRI).  What more do you want from them?

When his rest time is up, he'll try to go out and pitch, and if all goes well, he'll be fine.  But in the meantime, the Sox don't really have much to say because there isn't much to BE said.  End of story.

Yes, there's a reason to be worried...but it has nothing to do with what the Sox are or aren't saying.

lol....... i worry because this is the same thing they did when sirotka went down... mumms the word.. mri.. yadda yadda yadda.. and we all know too well what happed there huh...........i dont believe it till i see it..... and thus far they have been too quite about the whole thing.. not that they have to talk about it constantly but... a little chatter wouldnt hurt......... :headbang

I say -- what do you want the Sox to do, talk about it constantly?  They said that he needs rest and that there's no damage (as shown by an MRI).  What more do you want from them?

When his rest time is up, he'll try to go out and pitch, and if all goes well, he'll be fine.  But in the meantime, the Sox don't really have much to say because there isn't much to BE said.  End of story.

lol....... i worry because this is the same thing they did when sirotka went down... mumms the word.. mri.. yadda yadda yadda.. and we all know too well what happed there huh...........i dont believe it till i see it..... and thus far they have been too quite about the whole thing.. not that they have to talk about it constantly but... a little chatter wouldnt hurt......... :headbang

I agree. The Sox have a history of playing down the severity of an injury. Plus, Wright was going to stop throwing for 5 days. It's been since March 4th. You figure it out. Now, assuming the MRI they took is accurate, and the team is telling the whole story, then we should not be too concerned. But, those are both big "ifs".

Well with an arm injury you never know how it will react. Its kind of like a dead arm, some pitch threw it and if its during spring they won't. You don't know the severity but until he gets back out there and just goes and is pain free, then you got to be worried.

Well with an arm injury you never know how it will react.  Its kind of like a dead arm, some pitch threw it and if its during spring they won't.  You don't know the severity but until he gets back out there and just goes and is pain free, then you got to be worried.

I wholeheartedly agree. We need a healthy Danny Wright in our rotation. If he is not healthy, I'm very worried.