Wright Feeling Better

Chisoxfn

He threw today and Manuel said that he is doing a lot better. Thats definately some good news. They are talking that he needs to get in a 5 inning outing or I think thats what they said.

Also talked about Loiaza and there is a real good shot that Esteban will be the 5th, but JM kept saying good things about Wright.

He threw today and Manuel said that he is doing a lot better.  Thats definately some good news.  They are talking that he needs to get in a 5 inning outing or I think thats what they said. 

Also talked about Loiaza and there is a real good shot that Esteban will be the 5th, but JM kept saying good things about Wright.

HA! I won't belive it to I see it..He'll end up on the DL.. everytime I hear inflamation in the elbow and crap like that, it always worries me..and it's a Sox pitcher, so fear for the worst

jm was talking about loiaza in the 4th spot and letting  danny ease his way back in through the 5th spot...as long as danny is healthy..im happy

As long as Danny is healthy....baggs is happy. Doesn't matter if Bartolo, Mark, Jonny G, Koch, Gordon, Marte, Thomas, Maggs, Konerko, Valentin, and Crede are down....as long as Danny's healthy :D ;)

I just thought of something that made me feel pretty good about Wright being #5.

Herm Schneider said "There's still about a half a month left (for spring training), and my goal is to get him ready to pitch five innings and then build from there."

When I read that, I realized something. If he's #5, the next 2 games we'll have Buehrle and Colon on the hill. What that means is that if the pen gets a bit stretched out in Wright's start, it's not that big of a deal, because Buehrle and Colon often go into the 7th inning and beyond, so the pen gets a virtual off-day. Even when Mark has a bad game, he always goes into at least the 6th, and I think Bartolo does the same...so I think the Sox will be fine.

I just thought of something that made me feel pretty good about Wright being #5.

Herm Schneider said "There's still about a half a month left (for spring training), and my goal is to get him ready to pitch five innings and then build from there."

When I read that, I realized something.  If he's #5, the next 2 games we'll have Buehrle and Colon on the hill.  What that means is that if the pen gets a bit stretched out in Wright's start, it's not that big of a deal, because Buehrle and Colon often go into the 7th inning and beyond, so the pen gets a virtual off-day.  Even when Mark has a bad game, he always goes into at least the 6th, and I think Bartolo does the same...so I think the Sox will be fine.

That's true....if Danny goes 5 innings....that'll be great. The bullpen is then used for 4. Hopefully, we'd be able to score a lot of runs during his start(much like we did last year) and he could be gone by the 5th....and we could use Glover for 2-3 innings....and then White for 1-2 innings....and then, if necessary, Gordon or Marte for the 9th. We'd still have a somewhat fresh bullpen. Hopefully, Loaiza will go 6 or 7 innings his first start....maybe even 8. That would be a real sigh of relief.

Guest hotsoxchick1
He threw today and Manuel said that he is doing a lot better.  Thats definately some good news.  They are talking that he needs to get in a 5 inning outing or I think thats what they said.  

HA! I won't belive it to I see it..He'll end up on the DL.. everytime I hear inflamation in the elbow and crap like that, it always worries me..and it's a Sox pitcher, so fear for the worst

im with you gash.. i dont believe a word of it till i see it for myself.... ill bet theyre planning his surgery right now........... :o

He threw today and Manuel said that he is doing a lot better.  Thats definately some good news.  They are talking that he needs to get in a 5 inning outing or I think thats what they said.  

im with you gash.. i dont believe a word of it till i see it for myself.... ill bet theyre planning his surgery right now........... :o

Nah they are just gonna trade him now

The other board i visit someone reported that Wright has a few small bone chips in his elbow. Said person wishes they would give wright another MRI since often swelling prevents getting a compelte picture...

I bet he does have bone chips. And they are going to try and just have him pitch the season and get surgery after the year... kinda like a sasaki for the M's did last year...

I would rather they just shut him down for the 6-8 weeks it would take and do it now... he'd back by may... its not like we need a 5th starter that much till then anywaz....

The other board i visit someone reported that Wright has a few small bone chips in his elbow. Said person wishes they would give wright another MRI since often swelling prevents getting a compelte picture...

I bet he does have bone chips. And they are going to try and just have him pitch the season and get surgery after the year... kinda like a sasaki for the M's did last year...

I would rather they just shut him down for the 6-8 weeks it would take and do it now... he'd back by may... its not like we need a 5th starter that much till then anywaz....

We could use Stewart until Danny comes back....and Stewart gives us another lefty out of the pen, unless he is scheduled to start in the near future. And he could still come out of the pen and give us an inning or two.

I'd like that idea. Besides, there's a difference between Sasaki and Wright....I'm not sure how long Sasaki had them, but Wright will have them the whole year, and Wright is a starter....something Sasaki is not. Sasaki will come in for 1 inning a game, or at the most, 2....if Wright goes 1 or 2 innings as a starter, he is nothing.

I don't want to ruin his career by making him pitch hurt....just let him have the surgery to remove them and let him be back by June or July or whenever....don't rush him back.

I

Every pitcher had small bone chips and they all have pain there there elbow. It's only when the pain becomes to much to handle does it become a problem.

I'm glad, just like everyone else, that Wright is getting better. I hope he will be ready for the season opener, and things are looking good right about now. What we are all waiting for though is the Sox's 5th game to see who our #5 starter is. It is mostly a competition between Rauch and Loaiza. As much as I want Rauch in that 5th spot, Loaiza is doing much better in Spring Training which will be a huge factor in deciding who will take the 5th spot.

I don't want to ruin his career by making him pitch hurt....just let him have the surgery to remove them and let him be back by June or July or whenever....don't rush him back.

Thats exactly why i would rather they do this now and get it done with.... better then risking him compensating for the pain in his elbow, and hurting his shoulder or worse...

Thats exactly why i would rather they do this now and get it done with.... better then risking him compensating for the pain in his elbow, and hurting his shoulder or worse...

If I were Danny, I would get the surgery now. Better to miss a little over half a season and play out his career than to play half a season and then be done for his career.

It starts as a little irritation, and they say the're fine, but pretty soon, it'll turn into a season-long injury. Better miss a couple of starts than being out for the season. Give Wright some more rest. If hes not ready to start in the reg season, go with Loaiza, then Rauch

It starts as a little irritation, and they say the're fine, but pretty soon, it'll turn into a season-long injury. Better miss a couple of starts than being out for the season. Give Wright some more rest. If hes not ready to start in the reg season, go with Rauch, then Loaiza

it wont be rauch..he at this pointin time is behind both stewart and heredia for that final spot...he seems to be all screwed up in the head right now..according to DJ he said on tv yesterday if wright cant go the 5th spot looks to be stewart's

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok bone chips in the elbows my area of expertise.... been there done that.........you can not have him pitch through something like that and take a few chances here of either 1. the chips moving and tearing up a muscle...2. the chips moving and becoming lodged in the joint causing it impossible to move the elbow...or 3. the chips moving along further up or down the arm and causing more problems with other muscles or tendons ect. ect.... if he was too swollen when they did the mri they need to re do it as swelling does tend to make things appear which are not there and vise versa......if whoever it was that said there were chips in there i would recommend they re do it, confirm it, and then have them removed before he throws another ball...........i would hate to see another stupid decision be made here and ruin his career.......