August 29, 200422 yr Dan and I were looking through some stats and well just want to point out that two very good college playesr are down at Kane County right now, Jason Windsor (Cal State Fullerton) and had Huston Street (Texas). Both of them are doing well out of the bullpen, whiel Danny Putman (Stanford) is also there. He's doing a little below average thus far, but always seemed like a decent prospect to me. However he has 7 HR's in like 45 games which isn't too bad. Edit: Street is now in AA Midland.
August 29, 200422 yr Isn't Street at AA Midland now? Thats a hitters league so that will be interesting to see how he does.
August 29, 200422 yr Author He may very well be, I was just looking at the stats, I didn't think he would of been any higher. Checked and your right..good call Chris 0-0, 1.69 ERA in 8 games. 10 hits and 11 K's in 10.2 innings. Only one walk.
August 29, 200422 yr Yeah I have a feeling he might be a guy that makes the roster next year out of spring training.
August 29, 200422 yr Also, I was checking up on the first rounders taken this year. Fields is doing worse than most of the hitters, but only 1 or 2 others are in High A. Most of the guys in the top 10 haven't played much yet.
August 29, 200422 yr Also, I was checking up on the first rounders taken this year. Fields is doing worse than most of the hitters, but only 1 or 2 others are in High A. Most of the guys in the top 10 haven't played much yet. wasn't fields avg something like 270+
August 30, 200422 yr Windsor was a f'in stud in the CWS, I should get down to a KC cougars game and see if I can chat with him for a while.
August 30, 200422 yr Windsor was a f'in stud in the CWS, I should get down to a KC cougars game and see if I can chat with him for a while.Next home stand will be Labor Day Weekend. Edited 13 hours ago13 hr by CWSOX45
August 30, 200422 yr Two better prospects in my mind, Landon Powell and Kurt Suzuki, both catchers, are in Vancouver right now for the A's. I'm not sold on Street, something about him just doesn't attain to me.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.