World Cup Begins!

Finland dominates from start to finish, as they take the World Cup opener, 4-0. Tuomo didn't score, but I hear that he played a solid overall game, and was even on ice for the first goal of the game. I love watching those Finns play hockey, they seem to be so sound at just about every aspect of the game.

Here's a recap - USA vs. Canada tomorrow at 7:00 EST.

Finland vs. Czechs Recap

It's alot like hockey except you don't need sticks, skates, ice, masks, and a puck, the action only stops at halftime, the crowds are much larger, its only played in every country in the world, the World Cup is actually televised, people like you don't like it, the USA sucks at it, there's a guy that says GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL, there's just yellow cards and red cards, no goal judges, no instant replay, and grass never melts.

It's alot like hockey except you don't need sticks, skates, ice, masks, and a puck, the action only stops at halftime, the crowds are much larger, its only played in every country in the world, the World Cup is actually televised, people like you don't like it, the USA sucks at it, there's a guy that says GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL, there's just yellow cards and red cards, no goal judges, no instant replay, and grass never melts.

Well - the World Cup is on, and no - no need to put hockey, because just about everyone knows that we're talking about hockey at this time of year.

And I'll take hockey everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, over soccer...

Because it's a great sport that only naive americans dislike. Its the most popular sport in the world almost everywhere else

and yet I still think it sucks ass...

but of coarse your a Soccer fan so that makes me nieve for not liking it..

screw that soccer s***... ide rather watch the WNBA

Well - the World Cup is on, and no - no need to put hockey, because just about everyone knows that we're talking about hockey at this time of year.

And I'll take hockey everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, over soccer...

Hockey is the s***... I cant wait for that to start up again... hopefully they actually have a season

If you hadn't put Finland vs. Czechs I wouldn't have known wtf the thread was about.

Then why jump in on a thread you don't give two s***s about? I really don't like when uninformed people make assumptions about a sport - I won't do it about soccer, and you don't do it about hockey. Kay? :)

EDIT: I may not like soccer, but I sure as hell won't make fun of it...

I dont have a problem with that... your a soccer fan and I am not... doesnt make me nieve though...

I didnt call you a dumbass for liking Soccer did I?..

Its cool man, its cool

The majority of people in the U.S. do not like soccer often because they dont get it and it isnt as "action packed" as other sports they are used to. In that sense, they are naive to the game because for the most part, but not always, not "getting it" is a major reason for their dislike of it. At least thats how it is with virtually all of my friends

The majority of people in the U.S. do not like soccer often because they dont get it and it isnt as "action packed" as other sports they are used to. In that sense, they are naive to the game because for the most part, but not always, not "getting it" is a major reason for their dislike of it. At least thats how it is with virtually all of my friends

And in that way, Hockey and soccer are alike. I guarantee it's one of the most exciting sports to watch, if you actually know what's going on. I bet the same holds true for soccer - granted, I haven't given it that chance that I gave hockey, but I'm just making a comparison.

Its just not something I would be interested in... If I wanted to know about it im sure I would know it back and forth and everything about it... but it doesnt strike my fancy, to say...

Then why jump in on a thread you don't give two s***s about?  I really don't like when uninformed people make assumptions about a sport - I won't do it about soccer, and you don't do it about hockey.  Kay?  :)

EDIT:  I may not like soccer, but I sure as hell won't make fun of it...

Sorry I didn't mean to come off making fun of it in my first post. I simply stated that it's called the World Cup of Hockey for the reason that there already is a World Cup. I didn't make fun of hockey until someone decided to call soccer crap.

Who's ever heard of the World Cup of Soccer?? Nobody because that ain't what it's called. It would be like starting a thread called "The World Series" and then having it be about poker. Search on google for World Cup, you will find 6 soccer sites, a robot site (?), a rugby site, a skiing site, and a cricket site in the top ten results. There's one hockey site that comes up in the top 20.

WorldCup_left.gif

emblem.gif

and yet I still think it sucks ass...

but of coarse your a Soccer fan so that makes me nieve for not liking it..

screw that soccer s***... ide rather watch the WNBA

I think Hockey is crap, but you don't see me calling it "The dumbest sport ever." I could easily say that a bunch of white guys shooting a little puck in a goal and having some crappy fights is "stupid."

I think Hockey is crap, but you don't see me calling it "The dumbest sport ever." I could easily say that a bunch of white guys shooting a little puck in a goal and having some crappy fights is "stupid."

Knock yourself out, thats YOUR opinion

I could care less what you like or dont like.. I think soccer is stupid and he doesnt, so what

Sorry I didn't mean to come off making fun of it in my first post.  I simply stated that it's called the World Cup of Hockey for the reason that there already is a World Cup.  I didn't make fun of hockey until someone decided to call soccer crap.

Who's ever heard of the World Cup of Soccer?? Nobody because that ain't what it's called.  It would be like starting a thread called "The World Series" and then having it be about poker.  Search on google for World Cup, you will find 6 soccer sites, a robot site (?), a rugby site, a skiing site, and a cricket site in the top ten results.  There's one hockey site that comes up in the top 20.

WorldCup_left.gif

emblem.gif

Ugh....is that the symbol Germany came up with? :puke

South Africa better do better than that