SN Report: Wright Update; Wunsch's Job Safe

Chisoxfn

I don't know about everyone else, but I for one am glad the Sox are getting Majewski back. This guy is a pretty damn good pitcher and I'm really surprised the Blue Jays didn't hold onto him. I would of thought they could of afforded to keep him on their roster, but I guess they have other guys that they'd rather use.

I don't know about everyone else, but I for one am glad the Sox are getting Majewski back.  This guy is a pretty damn good pitcher and I'm really surprised the Blue Jays didn't hold onto him.  I would of thought they could of afforded to keep him on their roster, but I guess they have other guys that they'd rather use.

Ditto :D

Count me in as a Majewski fan. He kind of got overshadowed last year in the Barons bullpen behind Valentine, Munoz and Sanders, but he had a helluva year also.

He has big league stuff and will get there some day. Whether or not he will stick when he gets there is up to him.

His 2002 numbers:

5-3 witha 2.65 ERA 57 G 74.2 IP 61 H 34BB and 75 K

Barons had 5 guys in the bullpen all year that had an ERA of 2.65 or better. Not bad, eh?

Definately. That Baron's bullpen was impressive. Sanders, Munoz, Valentine, and Majewski should all make the big show.

I always remember people saying we got nothing for JB, and I've always thought, but we got Majewski and he's got tremendous stuff. I guess it is easy to get overshadowed though, considering how good Birmingham played last year.

Rex, what do you think of Clay Eason? In case some of you don't know, he was the 5th guy with an era under 2.65 out of the pen.

Could the Sox pen be like that? I sure hope so :D

Clay was that guy that did everything you need from him to win games. He shined out of the bullpen, he shined as a spot starter several times.

He is small (5'8" ish) and doesn't throw real hard. He is probably a guy who will top out at AAA, but a guy who I would want on my team every day. I doubt he comes back to Birmingham, but we would certainly take him.

Now that Majewski has been returned to us, does he count against our 40 man roster?

I must be clairvoyant.  Just yesterday I was thinking about Majewski, and looked up his performance.  Now he is back.

I don't think so, mainly because he wasn't on the 40 man roster to begin with, which was why he was eligible for the Rule V Draft. Not 100% on that though.

Now that Majewski has been returned to us, does he count against our 40 man roster?

I must be clairvoyant.  Just yesterday I was thinking about Majewski, and looked up his performance.  Now he is back.

I don't think so, mainly because he wasn't on the 40 man roster to begin with, which was why he was eligible for the Rule V Draft. Not 100% on that though.

You're right on Chisoxfn.

Ya, let me dig up the report I wrote up writer after the Rule V Draft.

http://www.soxnet.net/snreport/380-12.16.html

It maily talks about gettings Cotts and Holt, but in short, the Sox didn't lose anyone in the minor league portion or at least i don't think they did. Its very rare that someone that becomes a major league player is involved in the minor league portion.

Since the White Sox 40-man roster was filled they were unable to make any selections in the Major League Phase of the Rule 5 Draft, but did pick up three players in the Minor League phase: Felix Arellan, Brandon O'Neal and Josh Hochgesang.

Lefthanded pitcher Felix Arellan (21) was 4-5 with a 9.53 era in 35 games at Class Single-A South Georgia, an affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

O'Neal, 24, went 5-14 with a 5.29 era. He pitched at both Double-A Arkansas and Single-A Rancho Cucamonga. He made a total of 22 starts, pitching 123.2 innings.

26-year old infielder, Josh Hochgesang, played in Double-A Midland, an affiliate of the A's. Josh had a .234 AVG, with 13 HR and 62 RBI.

I know of one off the top of my head.......

Frank Menechino was drafted by Oakland several years ago (from the Sox). He is still bouncing back and forth between AAA and Oakland, but he did contribute over 2 years or so..

Can't think of any others.....

I know of one off the top of my head.......

Frank Menechino was drafted by Oakland several years ago (from the Sox).  He is still bouncing back and forth between AAA and Oakland, but he did contribute over 2 years or so..

Can't think of any others.....

I wonder if Paul LoDuca, David Eckstein or Mark Bellhorn were ever a part of it. Those are a couple players that could of potentially been involved with something like that. Brian Daubach is another guy that comes to mind.

Definately.  That Baron's bullpen was impressive.  Sanders, Munoz, Valentine, and Majewski should all make the big show. 

I always remember people saying we got nothing for JB, and I've always thought, but we got Majewski and he's got tremendous stuff.  I guess it is easy to get overshadowed though, considering how good Birmingham played last year. 

Rex, what do you think of Clay Eason? In case some of you don't know, he was the 5th guy with an era under 2.65 out of the pen.

Could the Sox pen be like that?  I sure hope so  :D

Remember we traded Majewski to the dodgers in the first place to get osuna... then we got him back for JB....