AL Central Farm Report

Gene Honda Civic

Randar--

I'm not going to start fighting with you like I was some guy at U.S. Cellular Field, sorry. 

I don't have the ability to see minor league games, or get minor league scouting reports.  I go off statistics, and would tell you that on my site.  Francisco Hernandez caught my eye while looking at Bristol's stats, and while seeing his youth on Kannapolis' roster.  Switch-hitting catchers interest me. 

It would almost be too easy to rip into you for saying pitch count systems should be thrown away.  My collegue Will Carroll would love me too, but instead I'll just recommend you read Saving the Pitcher, and then tell me that.  Radar guns?  I guess we agree on something. 

Finally, the Cubs have handled Bobby Brownlie exceptionally well since drafting him.  He had some arm troubles in college, but the fact that they got a full season from him this year speaks well of shutting him down early last year. 

If Ryan Sweeney turns into a star, I'll be happy.  I ranked him fifth, behind four very good prospects.  That's not an insult, at all.

This might be a little out of place in this discussion, but I would just like to show my appreciation for you coming on our message board and defending a piece you wrote. It takes alot of guts and shows a great deal of pride in your work to come to a medium like this where some people like to capitalize on the ability to be anonymous and attack at will.

Thanks once more from Soxtalk.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be a little out of place in this discussion, but I would just like to show my appreciation for you coming on our message board and defending a piece you wrote. It takes alot of guts and shows a great deal of pride in your work to come to a medium like this where some people like to capitalize on the ability to be anonymous and attack at will.

Thanks once more from Soxtalk.

I sign my name and provide my e-mail. Anonymous? I believe Rex would also gladly share his e-mail with anyone.

It did take guts, but man, that doesn't entitle anyone to having their fluff get a "pass."

I sign my name and provide my e-mail.  Anonymous?  I believe Rex would also gladly share his e-mail with anyone.

It did take guts, but man, that doesn't entitle anyone to having their fluff get a "pass."

He did say the ability to be anonymous. Personally I respect both sides, but I only agree with one. It was fun reading the discussion.

I agree on Stumm. I feel sorry for the guy, it's been one problem after the next.

I assume he'd be available for any team to take in the Rule 5, as he was last year. No other team took a chance on him, and seeing as he's had another problem, it's doubtful any team would.

The other thing is as you mention, he's had so few innings he's got a long way to go. Hard to believe he's still only 23 - but I'm certainly not counting on him. Anything the Sox might get out of him at this point would have to be considered a pleasant surprise.

I agree on Stumm.  I feel sorry for the guy, it's been one problem after the next.

I assume he'd be available for any team to take in the Rule 5, as he was last year.  No other team took a chance on him, and seeing as he's had another problem, it's doubtful any team would.

The other thing is as you mention, he's had so few innings he's got a long way to go.  Hard to believe he's still only 23 - but I'm certainly not counting on him.  Anything the Sox might get out of him at this point would have to be considered a pleasant surprise.

he was my guy, i was and still is rooting for him. i just feel bad that he was never able to get rid of the injury jinx. just like l. barcelo.

i still wish the best for him.