Ozzie unloads on Showalter

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buck makes the comment about Ozzie not knowing the rules about it because he walked out onto the field and questioned it. Then Buck says Kenny should have told Ozzie the rules.

So Ozzie goes on to say he's better then Buck because he played baseball, didn't have to start out coaching in the minors, is better looking, and makes more money. I guess I can't see how Ozzie comes out the good guy...

RACK, I love ozzie but that was totally stupid and a waste of breath. all that matters is W's and L's, regardless of how you got there. how you got there isn't a barometer of how good of a coach you are.

this is when a simple, "f*** you, buck" is appropriate. saves your breath and gets your point across accurately without running on like a complete buffoon. and trust me, i have said some stupid s*** in my life.

and I also think it tells he's as mad about a 2nd place finish as the rest of us cursed fans.

--------------------

Embracing Compassionate Conservatism since 9/11/04

no wonder you're embracing the ultimate oxy-moron, "compassionate" conservatism. where in that entire article does it show that ozzie is pissed about a 2nd place finish? you can be pissed about a 2nd place and not act like a complete jackass in the press.

i like ozzie, but the non-debatable part of the matter is that he reacted very unprofessionally.

Showalter is a Billy Martin wannabe.  He gets good production for a year, maybe two, then the players shut it off after they get tired of his s***.  And Martin was better.

YAS, that's a good point. I hope it doesn't work that way - it seems like the players here like him. But - you do have a point for the history of Bucky...

YAS, that's a good point.  I hope it doesn't work that way - it seems like the players here like him.  But - you do have a point for the history of Bucky...

I like the Rangers. And since I have a Dallas area girlfriend, I'll probably be moving there and seeing a few more games at Ameriquest. I hope the Rangers continue to like and play well for Showalter, as I'd like to see the franchise have some success. But, yes, history does suggest otherwise.