Attn: Jerry Reinsdorf

YASNY

Steff , you said only people previous season ticket holders were

going to get all-star tickets, My dad called yesterday again and was assured he would get tickets to all 3 events.

No.. I did not. Read my post again.

And obviously the reps have conflicting info because I was told new season ticket holders got them by lottery and HSC's said it was by the amount of the games.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going to get all-star tickets, My dad called yesterday again and was assured he would get tickets to all 3 events.

And obviously the reps have conflicting info because I was told new season ticket holders got them by lottery and HSC's said it was by the amount of the games.

Well, if anyone gets a package, which the White Sox Organization deems as a "Season Ticket Package," the purchaser that doesn't get as many tickets for the All-Star game as he bought for the season will have a lawsuit on their hands. The radio and TV spots CLEARLY STATE that "season tickets GUARANTEE you a spot at the 2003 All-Star game."

Well, if anyone gets a package, which the White Sox Organization deems as a "Season Ticket Package," the purchaser that doesn't get as many tickets for the All-Star game as he bought for the season will have a lawsuit on their hands. The radio and TV spots CLEARLY STATE that "season tickets GUARANTEE you a spot at the 2003 All-Star game."

Technically a "season ticket package" is a FULL season. Anthing else is a "partial season package"

It's called a "teaser".

And there will be no lawsuits. Like when the car dealerships offered no interest loans.. if you didn't qualify, you didn't get a no interest loan. No lawsuits.

Besides... at $175 each I'm sure I'll have no problem getting the tickets I need.

Sorry folks... I've been away for a couple of days. The point I was trying to make is that, though ticket sales are up.... whatever the reason.... the Sox payroll is down from last year, and is also below the Twins payroll this year. We had the chance to pick up Rogers, but JR would let KW do it... so the Twins got him. I wish he'd give KW about $20 million more for the budgeted payroll and see what he can do with it. We have a good young nucleus of talent here, and just once I wish JR would his GM just go for it.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Sorry folks... I've been away for a couple of days.  The point I was trying to make is that, though ticket sales are up.... whatever the reason.... the Sox payroll is down from last year, and is also below the Twins payroll this year.  We had the chance to pick up Rogers, but JR would let KW do it... so the Twins got him.  I wish he'd give KW about $20 million more for the budgeted payroll and see what he can do with it.  We have a good young nucleus of talent here, and just once I wish JR would his GM just go for it.

ya know yasny if it were my check book it would be wide open for the spending.... card blanch for kw... too bad its not mine huh.......... :D everyday would be a shopping day.........lol......... :headbang

Sorry folks... I've been away for a couple of days.  The point I was trying to make is that, though ticket sales are up.... whatever the reason.... the Sox payroll is down from last year, and is also below the Twins payroll this year.  We had the chance to pick up Rogers, but JR would let KW do it... so the Twins got him.  I wish he'd give KW about $20 million more for the budgeted payroll and see what he can do with it.  We have a good young nucleus of talent here, and just once I wish JR would his GM just go for it.

ya know yasny if it were my check book it would be wide open for the spending.... card blanch for kw... too bad its not mine huh.......... :D everyday would be a shopping day.........lol......... :headbang

I hear ya, HCS. If I could, I'd spend the money to win a WS. Hey, are you driving or flying to B'ham?

Sorry folks... I've been away for a couple of days.  The point I was trying to make is that, though ticket sales are up.... whatever the reason.... the Sox payroll is down from last year, and is also below the Twins payroll this year.  We had the chance to pick up Rogers, but JR would let KW do it... so the Twins got him.  I wish he'd give KW about $20 million more for the budgeted payroll and see what he can do with it.  We have a good young nucleus of talent here, and just once I wish JR would his GM just go for it.

He did in 2001, We made a huge jump in payroll, didnt get any results. Last year we were losing money... so the huge payroll dumps at the trading deadline... where KW got FLEECED in a few trades...

The loss of income was also obvious in our drafting strategy last year. we didnt spend a lotta money on the draft, and that really agravated me... as we are usually very good about that.

This year i believe that KW is on record as saying hes not using all his payroll flexibilty right now.... so he has room to manuver at the deadline incase he needs to add another player or 2 to make the strech run.

ya know yasny if it were my check book it would be wide open for the spending.... card blanch for kw... too bad its not mine huh.......... :D  everyday would be a shopping day.........lol......... :headbang

If you want to make a $10M donation to the Sox, I'm sure JR and KW would be MORE than happy to apply those funds to the payroll and obtaining another player or 2.

Just make it out to Jerry Reinsdorf.

ya know yasny if it were my check book it would be wide open for the spending.... card blanch for kw... too bad its not mine huh.......... :D  everyday would be a shopping day.........lol......... :headbang

If you want to make a $10M donation to the Sox, I'm sure JR and KW would be MORE than happy to apply those funds to the payroll and obtaining another player or 2.

If i had that kinda disposable income... i would!

But unfortunately as a college student i still have ramen as a major food grp.

Sorry folks... I've been away for a couple of days.  The point I was trying to make is that, though ticket sales are up.... whatever the reason.... the Sox payroll is down from last year, and is also below the Twins payroll this year.  We had the chance to pick up Rogers, but JR would let KW do it... so the Twins got him.  I wish he'd give KW about $20 million more for the budgeted payroll and see what he can do with it.  We have a good young nucleus of talent here, and just once I wish JR would his GM just go for it.

He did in 2001, We made a huge jump in payroll, didnt get any results. Last year we were losing money... so the huge payroll dumps at the trading deadline... where KW got FLEECED in a few trades...

The loss of income was also obvious in our drafting strategy last year. we didnt spend a lotta money on the draft, and that really agravated me... as we are usually very good about that.

This year i believe that KW is on record as saying hes not using all his payroll flexibilty right now.... so he has room to manuver at the deadline incase he needs to add another player or 2 to make the strech run.

True, but still, it seems like it's always been a half-assed effort. I really wish he'd try and win a championship, instead of just trying to be "competitive".

Lot of people forget that hes the chairmen of the team... but a lot of people own the sox... its not only his decision...

But he controls the purse strings.

Yea, but i bet the rest force him to stay within constraints... i doubt they want to take a loss on team....

Lot of people forget that hes the chairmen of the team... but a lot of people own the sox... its not only his decision...

Yea, but i bet the rest force him to stay within constraints... i doubt they want to take a loss on team....

Honestly, he is obligated to try and make the team profitable. But referring to the post that started this thread, I believe that if they would go for a chamionship, and achieve it, then the team would be very profitable for many years to come.

Honestly, he is obligated to try and make the team profitable. But referring to the post that started this thread, I believe that if they would go for a chamionship, and achieve it, then the team would be very profitable for many years to come.

What if he goes out and spends 25 mil per season extra?

Is there a guarentee that will put fans in the seats? is there a guarantee that he will win a championship?

I think hes done a fairly decent job so far. Now if hes smart enough realise he has a GREAT core of young players here in maggs, Crede, Buehrle, Garland, the entire bullpen... and signs em up... we might have success long term...

What if he goes out and spends 25 mil per season extra?

Is there a guarentee that will put fans in the seats? is there a guarantee that he will win a championship?

I think hes done a fairly decent job so far. Now if hes smart enough realise he has a GREAT core of young players here in maggs, Crede, Buehrle, Garland, the entire bullpen... and signs em up... we might have success long term...

He's not smart enough... reference Buerhle.

True... But he has a long history of not giving pitchers long contracts... and no one can fault the outcome.

Blackjack, alvarez, fernandez. bere et al. All not given long contracts... all turned out to be busts or injured for there new teams...

With that said, i think buehrle is differnt. IF all we have read here is true... and the only thing they are aprt on is that 4th year of the contract being garenteed....

DO IT! keep him here for the next 5 years... would be great to not worry about a #1 pitcher for the next 5 years... We have to take the risk if we want to try and build something here. I am sick of our team always rebuidling.

True... But he has a long history of not giving pitchers long contracts... and no one can fault the outcome.

Blackjack, alvarez, fernandez. bere et al. All not given long contracts... all turned out to be busts or injured for there new teams...

With that said, i think buehrle is differnt. IF all we have read here is true... and the only thing they are aprt on is that 4th year of the contract being garenteed....

DO IT! keep him here for the next 5 years... would be great to not worry about a #1 pitcher for the next 5 years... We have to take the risk if we want to try and build something here. I am sick of our team always rebuidling.

I wholeheartedly agree with every word of you last post.

Guest hotsoxchick1
ya know yasny if it were my check book it would be wide open for the spending.... card blanch for kw... too bad its not mine huh.......... :D  everyday would be a shopping day.........lol......... :headbang

jr gets a nice sized donation from me each and every year i purchase my season tickets........trust me if i sent him a 10 mil donation i would also put a string on it so i get to choose who he buys with that money.........i wanna make sure its well spent not just tossed away on a kw pipe dream.......... :headbang

jr gets a nice sized donation from me each and every year i purchase my season tickets........trust me if i sent him a 10 mil donation i would also put a string on it so i get to choose who he buys with that money.........i wanna make sure its well spent not just tossed away on a kw pipe dream.......... :headbang

Agreed, If i were to give him that kinda cash, it would be used for Buehrle... and maggs. Thats about it. No more paying a half season 1bman that cant run or play D 8 mill for his leadership.