lot of owners operating efficiently. Some must improve

wants teams to understand the value of a player

sez they are narrowing teams for players, trying to find good fits

said NOTHING

big surprise

How he can not get struck dead by lightning is beyond me :huh:

They teased a Hudson segment and they never predicted where he would go

didn't understand that either

I thought you or someone else said that they were giving the Dodgers the edge. A's wanted some prospect of their's in the minors or something along with one of their young pitchers.

Question guys....is there any chance in hell that we could possibly offer mags a one or two year deal, maybe trying to get a bargain. I know that all the bridges are burnt for him to come back here, and maybe I just answered my own question,but you guys give me your opinion. Myself, I think he would be worth the risk if the price was right, and that remains the question on him, I guess..

Question guys....is there any chance in hell that we could possibly offer mags a one or two year deal, maybe trying to get a bargain.  I know that all the bridges are burnt for him to come back here, and maybe I just answered my own question,but you guys give me your opinion.  Myself, I think he would be worth the risk if the price was right, and that remains the question on him, I guess..

We can't even talk to Maggs until after May 1st now.

This will never happen but the only way the sox do resign maggs is if maggs still isn't signed in May because teams don't have faith in his health and he just signs back with us just to prove so. That will never happen though, maggs hates the white sox front office and Boras represents him so maggs is gone. This isn't even a possibility though, just a case in which they would only be able to resign him.

In a way I think its very good that the Tigers and Cleveland are getting better for the fact that the AL Central has been considered to be so weak. Now this division will not be so bad and these teams getting better will hopefully push the other teams to get better as well...

IF the AL Central gets better and Detroit and Cleveland have legit contending teams, that should help the Sox attendance. I think part of the problem the past couple of years, is the unbalanced schedule provided too many home games against teams that don't excite the fans.

I agree

We played the Tigers 19 times after the all-star break.

if both teams are in the race it's more incentives for the fans to come out.

Right now the only teams fans get excited about are the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox and Twinkies.

And we haven't played the Yankees on the weekend for three years, which has hurt attendance

I agree

We played the Tigers 19 times after the all-star break.

if both teams are in the race it's more incentives for the fans to come out.

Right now the only teams fans get excited about are the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox and Twinkies.

And we haven't played the Yankees on the weekend for three years, which has hurt attendance

not really

i believe they all sold out last year and it was a tues-thurs series.