Home run porch

southsider2k5

There is so much talk about renovations to the stadium...wow, i mean who designed this thing in the first place, considering how much needs to be done on it.

My biggest problem with the stadium is that it's facing the wrong way, IMO. How hard would it be to turn it around have the backdrop be the city of chicago, not the projects? I swear, whoever designed the stadium walked out with a plated, tossed it into the air, and said "we'll build around this" without using any logic. Facing the projects has so much to do with the image comiskey has. And it was so easy to prevent.

those projects are slowly leaving one by one..... theres plans to put a shopping center up where some of those across the ryan used to stand.......that whole neighborhood is changing for the better.........

Yep. IKEA bought a ton of land over there. First I heard they were going to put a store there, but now it seems they have the property up for bid and a strip mall might be there as early as next spring.

I believe The Cell is the only ballpark that faces the direction it does. I could be wrong.

I know that Comerica, Camden and the Jake all face the other direction.

Hmm.. are you sure about that..? I've been to both and I'm pretty sure they face southeast. As a matter of fact I'm sure Camden does because the Holiday Inn is south east of the park and when you are sitting behind home plate you're staring at it.

If I remember correctly, the park is positioned as it is because they wanted to maintain it being on the corner of 35th and Shields. There was also some talk at the time that the prevailing winds would be blowing out. I've lived in KY since 1976, don't get to the park very often and may be totally off base here. If so, I apologize in advance.