A.J. should be the main focus

GreatScott82

A.J. just might be what the Sox need to finally reach the playoffs. He comes through in the clutch, he is a proven winner (with the Twins), has a solid batting avg, lowers ERA's for his pitchers while enforcing behind the plate. With the loss of Maggs and Lee, A.J. can minimize the lack of offensive production.

Lets face it, Ben Davis is a solid back-up catcher, but not once has he proved he can start and be solid on consecutive days. Yes he had his few offensive spurts last season, but believe me- it won't last the entire year.

KW should just consider leaving the whole Iguchi thing alone and focus on AJ. After some thought, I believe that Willie just needs a full season (like Rowand did) to show us really what he is made of. He can be the #9 hitter, in that case Willie and Pods can bat back to back in the lineup. If Willie doesn't prove himself by the All-star break, then make a trade to a non-contending team, for their 2B. (JUST NO MORE ALOMAR)

So that being said KW should offer AJ the 3 million he is seeking, and look for a decent utility infielder on the market. (It's too bad Graffinino wasn't out there)

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
A.J. just might be what the Sox need to finally reach the playoffs. He comes through in the clutch, he is a proven winner (with the Twins), has a solid batting avg, lowers ERA's for his pitchers while enforcing behind the plate. With the loss of Maggs and Lee, A.J. can minimize the lack of offensive production.

Lets face it, Ben Davis is a solid back-up catcher, but not once has he proved he can start and be solid on consecutive days. Yes he had his few offensive spurts last season, but believe me- it won't last the entire year.

KW should just consider leaving the whole Iguchi thing alone and focus on AJ. After some thought, I believe that Willie just needs a full season (like Rowand did) to show us really what he is made of. He can be the #9 hitter, in that case Willie and Pods can bat back to back in the lineup. If Willie doesn't prove himself by the All-star break, then make a trade to a non-contending team, for their 2B. (JUST NO MORE ALOMAR)

So that being said KW should offer AJ the 3 million he is seeking, and look for a decent utility infielder on the market. (It's too bad Graffinino wasn't out there)

I wouldnt give AJ what he wants if anything split the diffrences 2.5 Mil will land AJ,and for Willie he aint nothing but a GOOD runner comming of the bench in late innings ,so iam ALL OUT for the japanese 2B.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
Not cool.  :nono

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
when is graff's contract up in KC? maybe we can get him in the middle of the season via trade.

Next year is his last year of the contract with the royals.