Aaron Rowand

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1
ill tell ya i love aaron but if he screws up i dont mind seeing rios out there.. he did well also............

Rios definetly looks like he could be a key player and really help solidify our bench. I think a few starts in LF would be good for him too.

now theres an idea.. i would rather see him out there as opposed to the yard gnome..........that stupid electronic ribbon going around the upper deck is just another thing for carlos to watch while hes standing out there.........i knew it wasnt a good idea to put that thing up............ :D

Nice job today at the plate, for all of those who think Rowand isn't good enough to start is wrong. I am a big supporter of Aaron and IMHO he can be one heck of a ball player this season.

CWSOX45

Let's just hope he doesn't suffer a season-ending concussion running through the wall!!!! :lol:

If Aaron can dublicate his Spetember 2001 #s, I think the Sox have found the ideal trade bait once Borchard is ready: Aaron is getting better and better in CF with each game (he's already at worst average his jumps, fearlesness and arm strenght and accuracy considered), he is one of the best bunters in the game, can steal 20 bags easily if he learns a thing or two from Jose about getting a better jump...and he showed he could flat out hit when starting. SO now the question is can he find an "eye" ala Carlos Lee last year; I think 60 walks a year should be Aaron's goal. (As a part-time player, though, he is too effin' impatient to be that kind of a player)

If he can hit 280 with 50 walks, 35 doubles, 15 homers, 20 steals and flawless D., he would be worth more than Griffey to the Sox considering his minimal salary and abilti to lead by fearless plays. YMMV.

ill tell ya i love aaron but if he screws up i dont mind seeing rios out there.. he did well also............

Rios sorta scared me in center though the other day..lol, I know it was his first time out in center so it's understandable. I wouldn't mind seeing Daubach getting some time in either.

CWSOX45

If Aaron can dublicate his Spetember 2001 #s, I think the Sox have found the ideal trade bait once Borchard is ready:  Aaron is getting better and better in CF with each game (he's already at worst average his jumps, fearlesness and arm strenght and accuracy considered), he is one of the best bunters in the game, can steal 20 bags easily if he learns a thing or two from Jose about getting a better jump...and he showed he could flat out hit when starting. SO now the question is can he find an "eye" ala Carlos Lee last year; I think 60 walks a year should be Aaron's goal.  (As a part-time player, though, he is too effin' impatient to be that kind of a player)

If he can hit 280 with 50 walks, 35 doubles, 15 homers, 20 steals and flawless D., he would be worth more than Griffey to the Sox considering his minimal salary and abilti to lead by fearless plays. YMMV.

if rowand can prove he is an everyday player then we can go with an outfield of borchard - rowand - ordonez either left to right or right to left and once and for all get rid of "mr. potential" - "dumbass caballo" , "the yard gnome" "the lawn ornament in left" or whatever you want to call his dumbass

if rowand can prove he is an everyday player then we can go with an outfield of borchard - rowand - ordonez either left to right or right to left and once and for all get rid of "mr. potential" - "dumbass caballo" , "the yard gnome" "the lawn ornament in left" or whatever you want to call his dumbass

I am sory but this would be a mistake of Sosa-Bell-esque proportions. Carlos is a goof no doubt, but so is Sosa, Ramirez, Canseco, and many others. He just came off a great second half AND hit .400 in the spring..AND has already 3 walks while obviously being in the slump. There is no reason to give up now. Not on Konerko and especially nto CLee. Sure, keep an eye out for Rowand and Daubach and Valenzula, but Lee-Borchard-Maggs should be the starting trio until proven otherwise. And Sox will never have great, Minnesota-like defense regadless if it's Borchard or Lee out there.

IMO, Rowand is also FAR from his potential. His second at-bat against a bad Tiger pitcher is case in point: on 2-0 he puts a huge swing on would-be ball 3. Way foul. Then he proceeds to take two consecutive "right there" pitches that players like Giambi would have absolutely crushed for stikes 2 and 3. See ya later. Clearly Aaron was guessing and reacting out there intead of trying to read the pitches and use short and quick swing like all good hitters do. Not good.

I am sory but this would be a mistake of Sosa-Bell-esque proportions. Carlos is a goof no doubt, but so is Sosa, Ramirez, Canseco, and many others. He just came off a great second half AND hit .400 in the spring..AND has already 3 walks while obviously being in the slump. There is no reason to give up now. Not on Konerko and especially nto CLee. Sure, keep an eye out for Rowand and Daubach and Valenzula, but Lee-Borchard-Maggs should be the starting trio until proven otherwise. And Sox will never have great, Minnesota-like defense regadless if it's Borchard or Lee out there.

IMO, Rowand is also FAR from his potential. His second at-bat against a bad Tiger pitcher is case in point: on 2-0 he puts a huge swing on would-be ball 3. Way foul. Then he proceeds to take two consecutive "right there" pitches that players like Giambi would have absolutely crushed for stikes 2 and 3. See ya later. Clearly Aaron was guessing and reacting out there intead of trying to read the pitches and use short and quick swing like all good hitters do. Not good.

Borchard has mis-leading range in CF....it is pretty good....but an OF of Lee, Borchard, Maggs is absolutely god-awful. It is the best offensively....but the worst defensively.

One of Thomas and Lee will be gone after this offseason....and I'm crossing my fingers it will be Lee. Thomas at 36 is better than Lee is at 26 or 27 or however old he is. Thomas is much, much more valuable than Lee is, IMO. And Thomas may make less as well....who the hell knows.

I really think all of you under-rate Borchard. He will be an above average defensive player at any of the outfield positions. No doubt about that in my mind. Therefor an outfield with him is better then one without him. Rowand wasn't exactly thought of as a prototypical centerfielder either, although I think he does a good, actually better then average job out there defensively. Jim Edmonds wasn't a guy with a lot of speed either and he's thought of as one of the best.

Of course, none of them will be Andruw Jones out there.

Borchard has mis-leading range in CF....it is pretty good....but an OF of Lee, Borchard, Maggs is absolutely god-awful. It is the best offensively....but the worst defensively

If Daubach can hit to the tune of Tim Salmon-like 900 OPS and do well in clutch situations as he did in BoTown, do you think an outfield of Lee-Maggs-Daubach is a viable option if Borchard isn;t ready, Rowand continues to suck and Lee heats it up?

Likewise Andruw Jones will never be Corey Patterson :)

Chisoxfn, what do you tihnk of Mario Valenzula? They say he is good as Maggs ever was at ML level and we know how well Maggs did after 600 major league at bats or so...But then again Abbottt and Leifer and Kieshniek were also better than either Maggs or Lee and we know how THAT turned out...Liefer is kicking ass in NL, though lol

Borchard has mis-leading range in CF....it is pretty good....but an OF of Lee, Borchard, Maggs is absolutely god-awful. It is the best offensively....but the worst defensively

If Daubach can hit to the tune of Tim Salmon-like 900 OPS and do well in clutch situations as he did in BoTown, do you think an outfield of Lee-Maggs-Daubach is a viable option if Borchard isn;t ready, Rowand continues to suck and Lee heats it up?

Also, what do you tihnk of Mario Valenzula? They say he is good as Maggs ever was at ML level and we know how well Maggs did after 600 major league at bats or so...But then again Abbottt and Leifer and Kieshniek were also better than either Maggs or Lee and we know how THAT turned out...Liefer is kicking ass in NL, though lol

leifer homered today.

Chisoxfn, what do you tihnk of Mario Valenzula? They say he is good as Maggs ever was at ML level and we know how well Maggs did after 600 major league at bats or so...But then again Abbottt and Leifer and Kieshniek were also better than either Maggs or Lee and we know how THAT turned out...Liefer is kicking ass in NL, though lol

No way would I ever want to see Daubach, Lee or Maggs in centerfield. That would scare me.

As far as Valenzuela. I think he's a pretty good guy and I have been dissapointed he hasn't gotten a shot. I think he's going to have to find a way onto the bench and make a good impression. The only problem is I don't see Daubach or Rios going anywhere. I have always been quite high on him, but he's just never got a shot. Too bad he got hurt last season, otherwise we probably would of saw him.

He needs to get back into the swing of things in AAA, then I guess we'll see what happens. Maybe when we decide to dump one of our catchers we go with 3 outfielders and bring up Mario (Although that would be a very odd decision).

No way would I ever want to see Daubach, Lee or Maggs in centerfield. That would scare me

If Lance Berkman and Larry Walker who are bigger and heavier than Maggs can handle a tougher CF's in their respective parks, and Borchrda (who is bigger than both) can easily play the position, I don't see why Maggs with his good jumps and above-average arm can't be given a shot if Rowand's OPS is below 700 and Borchard isn't ready. Maggs is the all-around RF, afterall. Plus you aren't exactly slow if you can steal 24 bases which Maggs did in 2001.

Didn't Rowand learn the postion just a year ago and he is 6'1 and just a few punds lighter than Maggs.

Can Daubach adequate RF?