MLB Hall of Fame on tour

Leonard Zelig

Baseball as America

This may be old news since it was in Chicago about a year ago, but I just saw it this weekend. Has anybody else gotten a chance to check it out? It was pretty cool, definitely worth seeing if you get a chance. Among the Sox stuff on diplay:

a ticket window from Comiskey

bricks from Comiskey

"Shoeless" Joe's shoes

a jersey from 1917 World Series

scorecard from 1959 Series

some stuff about the "Black Sox"

there were others, but it's hard to remember because I saw so much stuff and I couldn't take pictures.

I saw the Baseball as America Hall of Fame exhibit when it was in Chicago & then went to a Sox game right after.

Please tell me if you remember seeing a large picture of a fan sitting on part of the torn down walls of Old Comiskey. He was getting some Old Comiskey bricks for keep sakes.

That picture was at the Chicago exhibition & I swear it looked like my husband in the picture. I told him about it & he said YES he did do that, so it's probably him in the picture. This all happened a few years before I met my husband at SoxFest in 1994.

My husband wasn't with me at the exhibit & really hates that he missed seeing the picture. Now he likes to brag about how he is in the Hall of Fame.

Just wondering if they show the exact same stuff at each town or maybe just show extra things of a team when the exhibit is in that teams town ....like extra Red Sox stuff when the exhibit is in Boston.

What town did you see the Hall of Fame exhibit?

Sure wished I could have gotten a picture, but like you said pictures/cameras were not allowed. :crying

Awesomefan, yes that picture was hanging on the wall behind the display of bricks from Comiskey. I saw the exhibit in St. Louis, I'm pretty sure they display the same stuff everywhere they go, but in the lobby of the museum was an additional display of St. Louis Browns & Cardinal items, though they were from Cardinal HOF and not Cooperstown.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 08:09 AM)
Baseball as America was an awesome experience.  I spent over 3 hours going through it in the Field Mueseum.  Everyone should see it if at all possible.

That's also in the forward orf Ken Burns' Jazz book and documentary, and I love that quote as well.