Something funny

DonkeyKongerko

Alex Rodriguez hit his 300th career homerun a few days ago against the Angels. The Angels fan who ended up with the ball threw it back even while 5 buyers were approaching him and ARod had already pre-signed a jersey, bat, and ball to offer to whoever caught his ball.

In contrast, Sammy Sosa hit his 500th career homerun two nights ago. The ball was caught by someone who wasn't really a huge Reds or Cubs fan (I think he was from St. Louis). The ball wasn't thrown back and he is refusing to give it back to Sosa. The fan is instead going to try and sell the ball at what will probably be a very high price. Poor Sammy...no ball.

White Sox fan perspective: LMAO.

Wait, A-Rod got his 300th HR back, i think it was the 301st HR that was throw back...

As for Sammy :P

I was at the game where Arod hit the 300th. The fan through it back right away and I don't think they even knew they caught a semi-historical homerun ball.

Wait, A-Rod got his 300th HR back, i think it was the 301st HR that was throw back...

As for Sammy :P

No it was #300 of ARod's that got thrown back, because I remember reading all of the things that he had signed in preparation of that moment. And for Alex's sake, I hope he gave it all to the guy anyway. It would be a class act.

I wouldn't have given that s*** to the guy. I would have given the stuff to a kid in the Make-a-Wish foundation. That would be a class act.

The guy at the Angels game is a huge dumbass....I wanna smack people that arrogant. They piss me off immensely.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Wasn't the person who got the 500 sosa ball a teenager? What a prick, not giving it back to Sosa. Gotta believe the parents have a hand in this.

yes it was a teeny bopper.. i just saw him on the channel 9 news as matter of fact... even the sports casters are laughin cause it will cost shamme alot to get the ball back if he wants it...............some kids learn greed at an early age huh...........

Sosa doesn't seem to care about getting that ball back.

Hopefully, the market for that ball is dead, so the stupid kid and his greedy family get stiffed.

Never could understand why someone would pay huge $$$ for a baseball that they didn't hit, didn't catch, and probably weren't even at the game in question. Just seems like a total waste of money to me - much like paying for autographs or autographed memorabilia.

Sidebar:

Autographs I have gotten in my life:

Pat Kelly

Mayor Daley ( Big Dick, the OG, not the current Little Dick )

Stan Bahnsen

Pat DiNizio and Dennis Diken of the Smithereens

some third base coach from the Tigers back in the early 70s - long Polish name, I think - I was a little kid, what did I know? The guy had a MLB uniform on - that was good enough for me

If I had caught it.. I wouldn't give it back. Wouldn't sell it either. I'd have me a little get together where I'd slowly tear each and every thread out of the damn thing one by one therefor enabling anyone who wanted a piece of the stupid thing their opportunity. ;)

If I had caught it.. I wouldn't give it back. Wouldn't sell it either. I'd have me a little get together where I'd slowly tear each and every thread out of the damn thing one by one therefor enabling anyone who wanted a piece of the stupid thing their opportunity.  ;)

Cruel! and definitely unusual!

I like it. :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
Wasn't the person who got the 500 sosa ball a teenager? What a prick, not giving it back to Sosa. Gotta believe the parents have a hand in this.

ESPN said the guy was a College Senior. So that makes him what anywhere from 21-23?

i dont know what espn knows, but on this mornings news here they had the kid standing next to a news caster from out there, if this kid was in 7th grade i would be amazed..... his parents were in the background behind him....... :huh:

"Zach Kirk was sitting in the right-field stands with his girlfriend Friday night when Sosa hit a seventh-inning homer that deflected off several sets of hands and came to rest at his feet.

Kirk, 22, of St. Louis, is a Cardinals fan and thought about how a member of the grounds crew returned Mark McGwire's 62nd home run ball to him after he broke the single-season record in 1998.

"It crossed my mind to give it back," Kirk said Sunday. "At the same time, I'm 22 and a senior in college. It could be a blessing.

"I'm going to keep it and try to sell it."

BP with the team or 6 figure check.......

f*** BP

Amen. Why hate the kid for making money off something that otherwise is worth s*** all, greedy, s*** if he's in college try broke. I'd wanna sell it if I didn't want to keep it myself, they announce that fans can keep the balls as souveneers before the games, if Sosa wants it he can buy it, but otherwise he has enough so I don't feel for him one bit.

I'd want a few sets of tickets, bp (if possible), game used jersey bat that kind of stuff.

Here's one. What amount would be enough for you to sell the ball instead of give it to the player?

For me it would probably be a couple hundred grand. I'm nice and all but that kind of money could do some great things for me, like season tickets for life :headbang