Top 10 Pitching Prospects

DBAHO

Thought this was interesting, anyone suprised that B-Mac wouldn't make the top 10? Most names are easily recognisable though; (I've put in stats for those some may not have heard of before)

1. Felix Hernandez, rhp, Mariners

2. Scott Kazmir, lhp, Devil Rays

3. Adam Miller, rhp, Indians - Low A, 7-4, 3.36 ERA, 106 K's, 28 BB's. High A, 3-2, 2.08 ERA, 46 K's, 12 BB's.

4. Chad Billingsley, rhp, Dodgers - A, 7-4, 2.35 ERA, 111 K's, 49 BB's. AA - 4-0, 2.98 ERA, 47 K's, 22 BB's.

5. Matt Cain, rhp, Giants

6. Jeff Niemann, rhp, Devil Rays

7. Edwin Jackson, rhp, Dodgers

8. Jeff Francis, lhp, Rockies

9. Dan Meyer, lhp, Athletics

10. Mike Hinckley, lhp, Nationals - A, 6-2, 2.61 ERA, 51 K's, 18 BB's. AA - 5-2, 2.87 ERA, 80 K's, 23 BB's.

Not really. Those guys are a bit bigger names. I do think BMac would make a Top 15 or Top 20 list, though.

By the way, Miller is a beast. I'm going to hate having to face him in a few years. In last year's playoffs, he hit 101. Also, he's only 19, maybe 20 by now, and is already dominating.

I'm surprised Nienman is already in his top 10. Other then that I think most scouting services won't put Bmac in that echelon until he steps up with another strong year at the higher levels.

I think he will and he will then be on the radar as one of the 10 best pitching prospects in all of baseball. We shall see though.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Not really.  Those guys are a bit bigger names.  I do think BMac would make a Top 15 or Top 20 list, though.

By the way, Miller is a beast.  I'm going to hate having to face him in a few years.  In last year's playoffs, he hit 101.  Also, he's only 19, maybe 20 by now, and is already dominating.

Ya, when I was in Kanny last year we just missed Miller's start by one and I was talking with the Intimidators media guy and announcer and he was just talking about how sick Miller was. Then later in the year I think Miller was up and pitched against WS and was again just absolutely filthy.

Guy has a heck of an arm.