Addy's Mock Draft

I can see why Mike Williams is the top rated WR also. He has the size to absolutely dominate games like Plaxico Burress does. Plaxico doesn't even use his jumping ability like Mike does, and Plax's hands aren't of the same caliber of Williams. If Mike is lucky enough to be drafted onto a team with a QB with some balls that will just throw the ball up to him and let him do his thing, he will dominate as a rookie.

40 times are overrated. 4.55-4.6 is definitely good enough, especially at his size. I just don't see any reason Braylon should be taken or will be taken ahead of Mike. The year out of football will be a question, but those questions will all be answered at the combines good or bad. I can't wait to see what kind of combine Mike and my sleeper Troy Williamson have.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
I can see why Mike Williams is the top rated WR also. He has the size to absolutely dominate games like Plaxico Burress does. Plaxico doesn't even use his jumping ability like Mike does, and Plax's hands aren't of the same caliber of Williams. If Mike is lucky enough to be drafted onto a team with a QB with some balls that will just throw the ball up to him and let him do his thing, he will dominate as a rookie.

40 times are overrated. 4.55-4.6 is definitely good enough, especially at his size. I just don't see any reason Braylon should be taken or will be taken ahead of Mike. The year out of football will be a question, but those questions will all be answered at the combines good or bad. I can't wait to see what kind of combine Mike and my sleeper Troy Williamson have.

I don't think Troy Williamson is a sleeper to anyone who follows college football or the NFL draft closely. Most people in the Mainstream media have probably never even heard of him but they don't know s*** anyway.

What was Jerry Rice's 40-time way back when?

It is well known...something like 4.6 or 4.65...that didn't stop San Fran from taking him at about 16 or so, and that didn't stop him from becoming the best wideout ever.

Not that I am comparing Rice to Williams...just pointing out that 40 times are not always accurate, especially when looking at some of these guys.

I do think Williams is the best WR in the draft, and I think he would be a wise choice at #4. One thing the Bears are missing is a play making WR, and I do think Williams is exactly that. If they were to get Mike Williams, they could very easily win the NFC North next year. With the Vikings going absolutely no where, the Lions still being a mediocre team, and the Packers in the decline, the division is up for grabs.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)

Agreed on Williams.

-He could be a stunning rookie. His ability to go up and CATCH balls is unmatched this year...hands down. As for ranking Williams above Fitzgerald, Williams, and Andre Johnson: looking back on my notes from the past two years, Williams could have been drafted as high as all three of those guys. I was crazy about Fitzgerald, absolutely crazy, but I still think Williams will be more of an "impact" player in the NFL. With his size, he can dominate games, especially in the red zone. I think Johnson is more dangerous downfield, but in terms of hands and red zone abilites, its dead even...maybe even advantage Williams on hands. I can't stress that enough, his hands are unreal.

Disagree on Williamson.

-He's no sleeper. Williamson will be an excellent WR in the NFL. He's well deserving of a first round selection but may slip to the second round if teams are high on Clayton. In my mock, I have Williamson going to the Ravens; however, this might all change if Moss ends up in Baltimore next season. If he has a first-class combine, he'll be a lock for the first round.

Everyone keeps saying Williams size:

Williams

Edwards

Williams is 6'5, Edwards 6'3

Williams 230, Edwards 215

Williams supposedly has lost about 20lbs to make him faster because scouts were talking about him having to transition to TE in the NFL.

Williams does have better hands, thats why he is projected to be like Keyshawn.

I really am high on Williams as well, I hope that he some how pushes his 40 time under Edwards, or else I just do not think the Bears will be able to rationalize taking Williams over Edwards.

And Id rather have Fitz, Rogers, Johnson, and Roy over Mike.

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)

Williams

Edwards

Williams supposedly has lost about 20lbs to make him faster because scouts were talking about him having to transition to TE in the NFL.

I really am high on Williams as well, I hope that he some how pushes his 40 time under Edwards, or else I just do not think the Bears will be able to rationalize taking Williams over Edwards.

SB

Mike Williams said he has dropped 6 pounds over the past year and is now down to 229 in a recent ESPN.com interview.

Bruce Feldman ESPN.com:

Williams' weight also is a big topic for debate among scouts who can't seem to fathom a wideout carrying over 235 pounds on a 6-foot-5 frame. (He played his sophomore year around 238, but got down to 228 last spring.) He says he is at 229 these days and has run as fast as a 4.43 in the 40, although he concedes that was on a fast track. Anything 4.55 or faster probably would vault him into the top 10, especially considering Williams will vertical-jump somewhere around 37 inches.

I don't think the Bears will be willign to rationalize taking a player at 4 overall who didn't play last year. That HAS to weigh in. If Williams were light-years above Edwards, then I'd ignore it. But, they are clsoe enough together that I think the Bears will take Edwards. Willaims isn't the prospect that many have made him out to be. He wouldn't have been top 10 last year and may not be this year either. I think he;s a really good player but he's not the uber prospect some on here have made him out to be.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
I'm saying Troy is a sleeper because I think he could be one of the top 2 WR's taken in the draft. I know he's always been a 1st day talent, but I think he will put up great combine numbers and move into the top 10 players taken.

I agree with you entirely I watched him play at South Carolina, he's a stud.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
I don't think the Bears will be willign to rationalize taking a player at 4 overall who didn't play last year. That HAS to weigh in.  If Williams were light-years above Edwards, then I'd ignore it. But, they are clsoe enough together that I think the Bears will take Edwards. Willaims isn't the prospect that many have made him out to be. He wouldn't have been top 10 last year and may not be this year either.  I think he;s a really good player but he's not the uber prospect some on here have made him out to be.

All of what you just said will be whiped out by the combine. This draft pick will be determined by how well Williams performs in the combine.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)

Williams

Edwards

SB

Edwards is a safe draft pick. Angelo loves safe draft picks. The problem with that is passing up talent like Williams because either 1) talent too raw or 2) some outside circumstances like missing a year or injury pushed player down on boards.

I think Edwards is a much safer selction than Terrell and anyone telling you Angelo will pass on Edwards because they got burned on the last Mich WR is downright crazy.

Things will really start to sort themselves out after combines. If Williams holds the same type of workout he held last season, he will be a consensus #1.

Will I be angry if the Bears draft Edwards? No

Do I think his talent merits a #4 selection over Edwards? Yes

As I said earlier, after combines, the cream will rise to the top. There is a reason so many analysits are bonkers over Williams, problem is, no one has seen him play for a year.

Meant Charles, Carlos is the Auburn CB, hehe.

Addison,

I agree that the combine will be what determines which will get selected where.

But there is one downside, if Williams were to run a 4.4, I sadly think a team will trade to 3 and take him.

Its a hard position to be in.

SB

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
do you mean consensu #1 overall or first round pick? I think he's picked top 12 at the latest pretty much no matter what.  Earliest? 4 I guess

Earliest is #3 if a team wants to steal Williams away from the Bears they'll make a deal with the Browns for the #3 pick.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
do you mean consensu #1 overall or first round pick? I think he's picked top 12 at the latest pretty much no matter what.  Earliest? 4 I guess

Consensus #1 WR. Not consensus #1 draft choice...BIG difference.

Its important to note, some respected analysits have made the claim Williams deserves the "#1 prospect" title; Johnson gets that honor on my board.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Here's a nice site for NFL draft info by the way.

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/

That's an excellent site. I know quite a few of the fellas that run it.

I do have issue with some of their player rankings, however. :P

Punch, if I had a blank roster in front of me and I could take any one player in the draft this year, it would be Derrick Johnson; in fact, its Derrick in blowout fashion.

Barring some freakish bad performance at the combine, Johnson is the best player in this draft.

Also, if Williams put up the numbers he did last year, wouldnt Edwards projected numbers be better?

Also my preference for the Bears is to sign WR in FA, and draft Johnson at 4.

Urlacher, Briggs, Johnson is something to dream about.

SB

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
Barring some freakish bad performance at the combine, Johnson is the best player in this draft.

Also, if Williams put up the numbers he did last year, wouldnt Edwards projected numbers be better?

SB

I hope your taking a shot at the fact he didn't play any ball last year.:unsure:

Yes, Edwards numbers would be better by leaps and bounds. :bang

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
I've heard good thngs about Johnson, you may be right.  I think it's a bad draft this year though.  I picked Pac-Man because he looks like a potential lockdown guy

Jones isn't the only lockdown corner in this year's draft.

Some other names to consider: Rolle (Miami), Rogers (Auburn), Miller (Clemson).

In my opinion, Rolle has more talent than Jones, however its still too raw for some teams' liking.

But, yes, you are right in your assessment, Pac-Man will be lockdown in the NFL, no doubt.