Is Garland ever gonna show?

Soxplosion

I like him and think he has the potential but the question is, is he ever gonna show this potential? I think he can be good but hes never been able to put it together. Its only two starts into the season but still, he did this the last three years. Last year was OK but the two before that werent. I just hope he can get it going.

I dont know what were gonna do when Wright gets back. If Stewart and Loaiza are the real deals you cant get rid of them. And if Wright actually performs you cant boot him either. Garland needs to get it together, his spot could depend on how he does in upcoming weeks. Its still unclear who will be the odd man out when Wright gets back...

Garland has not been BAD yet... His defense collapsed behind him against KC and yesterday just a lot of lucky swings and bloop hits were falling in. Granted, he hasn't looked particularly good, either, but let's let Loaizia and Stewart strut their stuff against teams not named the Detroit Tigers before saying they have leapfrogged Jon in the rotation.

If he continues like this, Garland will be at most a #5 pitcher. Loaiza and Stewart have shown better in their starts, so maybe they might be moved up in the rotation.

I think Garland's putting way too much pressure on himself, and consequently, it's taking a toll on his pitching. He needs to have a game like the one he had in Boston last year to break out of this.

It seems to me that Jon's problems are strictly between the ears.  Some days you can tell he is locked in, others he is out in outer space.  He seems to be the type of player that needs someone in his face on a regular basis.

I agree S-squared2k3...... Jon is my favorite player, and i hate making excuses for him.... but... I think the ump yesterday f***ed jon up mentally.

He was squeezing him on pitches, and got Jon talking to himself on the mound... I dunno if anyone else saw it, but in the second or third inning, Jon threw a pitch that was called a ball, which prolly was a strike.... and started to do some jabbering on the mound.

I think he needs to learn to get over things like this and just pitch.

My prediction is still 16wins for JG this year.

If he continues like this, Garland will be at most a #5 pitcher.  Loaiza and Stewart have shown better in their starts, so maybe they might be moved up in the rotation.

I think Garland's putting way too much pressure on himself, and consequently, it's taking a toll on his pitching.  He needs to have a game like the one he had in Boston last year to break out of this.

You know Heather, I do find it funny that you jump on guys like Garland and White yet your boy Lee continues to suck horrificly and you continue to defense him :D

Either way I haven't given up on any of our players. Lee has one month to prove me that what I've constantly said about him is right (That is that he's going to have a big time season). If he doesn't live up to it, then I'm officially going to push for Lee to be traded with Daubach becoming the starter.

Garland is going to be fine, and he's going to be a very good major league pitcher and it will be this year. He's only going to get better. He's usually a slow starter and with his stuff and he's got better control then before as well as know how, he will be a-ok. I also think Rick White, Flash, Konerko and anyone else struggling will be alright.

Well, I don't think Josh Paul will ever be right.

It seems to me that Jon's problems are strictly between the ears.  Some days you can tell he is locked in, others he is out in outer space.  He seems to be the type of player that needs someone in his face on a regular basis.

I agree S-squared2k3...... Jon is my favorite player, and i hate making excuses for him.... but... I think the ump yesterday f***ed jon up mentally.

He was squeezing him on pitches, and got Jon talking to himself on the mound... I dunno if anyone else saw it, but in the second or third inning, Jon threw a pitch that was called a ball, which prolly was a strike.... and started to do some jabbering on the mound.

I think he needs to learn to get over things like this and just pitch.

My prediction is still 16wins for JG this year.

I like him too I just hope he gets his rear in gear. I didnt see yesterdays game (FSNs acting up) so I didnt see the bad calls. But Im not surprised that yet another ump ripped us off. And I will congratulate Jon on going six innings and preventing our bullpen from being wasted. That was good...

been saying for awhile now that garland and lee share the same brain..and its not a good one :lolhitting

I like him and think he has the potential but the question is, is he ever gonna show this potential? I think he can be good but hes never been able to put it together. Its only two starts into the season but still, he did this the last three years. Last year was OK but the two before that werent. I just hope he can get it going.

I dont know what were gonna do when Wright gets back. If Stewart and Loaiza are the real deals you cant get rid of them. And if Wright actually performs you cant boot him either. Garland needs to get it together, his spot could depend on how he does in upcoming weeks. Its still unclear who will be the odd man out when Wright gets back...

Something tells me that Jon pitches better when it's warmer than 37 degrees out, the other outing at Kansas City was all the defenses fault. Don't worry Jon will return to his dominating form like he did in the end of 2002.

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1

been saying for awhile now that garland and lee share the same brain..and its not a good one :lolhitting

poor jon is starting to get that kip wells stare to him........."deer caught in the headlights".........thats not a good sign.........

Guest hotsoxchick1

poor jon is starting to get that kip wells stare to him........."deer caught in the headlights".........thats not a good sign.........

take that back now! You are jinxing the guy! :bang

umm nope..... sorry cw, i call it like i see it.. and from where i sit it is starting to look alot like kip wells.......everytime hes out on the mound....... were gonna be :finger lol

Let's not forget how young Jon is, im not trying to make excuses but he has not had many years to develop a plan of attack in the minors or college. I just think he doesnt know whether to nibble or challenge when he should be doing a bit of both to keep hitters on guard. Just my 2 cents.