Cub fans defrauded by own team

southsider2k5

Guest hotsoxchick1
I didn't read the entire thread so I don't know if this has been said... but they ask season ticket holders if they aren't going to use any tickets if they can buy them back, then they turn them over to these guys. My friend caught them twice last year selling his season seats on there.

steff they do ask season ticket holders if they can buy the un used games... i have sold mine back on many occasions, for various reasons........what i was wondering in the article (they didnt say really) is did this broker wait in line like all the other flubbie faithful for tickets day of box office opening, because then it would be perfectly legal for him to do what hes doing or did the cubs just hand over the tickets to him (the broker) which i could then see a legal battle.....because i know that this year (being the first one i can remember in a long time) the sox put a limit on tickets you can purchase for big games ie. sox/cubs series.. to 4 tickets per person.....if the cubs didnt want the brokers to get lots of quality tickets then they should have done the same thing.....mho

From what he told me.. they bought the tickets back that he was unable to use.. and they sold them to the broker. No attempt at selling to the fans at all.

geez.... well that kinda sucks..... i know that the sox do somewhat the same thing with our tickets though.. for instance mine being where they are usually end up going to players family members before the public gets a shot at them......other wise when i sell them back they can be purchased for day of game people who walk up to the ticket window..........i guess the cubs think they can make more money the other way huh.........

Still interesting - thanks for posting it, I probably would never have seen it.

What's the saying, "Stay away from anything that even gives the hint of impropriety." At the least the Cubs are guilty of violating that little business/life advice.

Considering the way that the Tribune does business with the Cubs, this isn't a big surprise.

They've started doing selective pricing for games in all sports now. For example, at Vanderbilt, where they always suck at football, in order for someone to buy tickets to the Tennessee game, they have to buy tickets to other, crappy games as well. In fact, when they played at the Colesium (home the Titans) last year, the tickets were more expensive than the regular prices for Titans' games. Note that the game was far from sold out, though.

Didn't the Sox do the same thing the first yr of interleague with the scrub games Z?

From the Sox ticket windows I have never paid more than face value of any games.

And we've bought extra tickets every year of interleague play.