ESPN Predictions

Purdue129

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=05expertpicks

this is the first prediction i have seen picking us to win the central, its also interesting no one picked the indians

Scott Ridge picked the Indians. Pedro Gomez picked the Tigers.

Everyone else picks the Twins.

Edited by munchman33

QUOTE(shoeless_joe21 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
Phil Rogers picked Zack Greinke as the AL Cy Young. :huh

LoL well in MVP he has the nastiest hook in the game, but he's a youngster on the Royals so hahaha Phil Rogers :bang

Edited by Pauly8509CWS

Greinke and Bonderman were 'look-at-me' choices. Greinke won't win, no matter how good he is (and I'm a huge Greinke fan), just b/c he's on the Royals -- same reason you wait on Oliver Perez in fantasy drafts. Not enough wins. Bonderman -- I guess you can argue it, if you think the Tigers will really make huge strides this year. But I still kind of laugh at that idea. Jason Johnson is a big part of their staff. He got non-tendered by the Orioles, after all, who are as desparate as anyone for starting pitching.

It doesn't surprise me that a couple people pick Minny in the WS. It's plausible. It surprised me that a LOT of people pick Minny, over the big 3. Possible, but still unlikely.

Did anybody else feel like they were getting punched in the stomach when seeing how many people were picking Jeremy Reed for ROY. Also, all these people picking the Twins to win the WS is stupid. Its not impossible but my guess is its just as another article on ESPN was saying- the Twins remind people of the Patriots. But just as someone else said, the logic of riding Santana doesn't really apply against Schilling or Johnson. All those writers are just going overboard on that "Patriots" team and chemistry stuff when using it to talk about the Twins.

QUOTE(munchman33 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
Scott Ridge picked the Indians.  Pedro Gomez picked the Tigers.

Everyone else picks the Twins.

If the Tigers win the division, I'll shave my ass with a rusty razor.

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 04:58 AM)
Did anybody else feel like they were getting punched in the stomach when seeing how many people were picking Jeremy Reed for  ROY.  Also, all these people picking the Twins to win the WS is stupid. Its not impossible but my guess is its just as another article on ESPN was saying- the Twins remind people of the Patriots.  But just as someone else said, the logic of riding Santana doesn't really apply against Schilling or Johnson.  All those writers are just going overboard on that "Patriots" team and chemistry stuff when using it to talk about the Twins.

Reed's gonna be a good player, no doubt about it. He's gonna be a damn good leadoff hitter, if not, a very good number two. He'll probably be the best of the bunch we gave up, too (offensively, at least). But, we needed the pitcher -- and, considering we locked Freddy for about eight million a year (or is it nine? either way, he might have gotten 10-12 on the open market), I'm OK with it. Not really happy with it, but oh well -- hopefully Anderson and Sweeney and Young and Owens and Brice etc. etc. will help us to forget Reed..

There are some real experts at ESPN let me tell you. These are the same guys that can't get names of players straight and seem to think the only teams n baseball are the Yankees and Red Sox. The Giants aren't going to finish in first place in their own division without Barry Bonds and the Twinks aren't an improved club enough at all to be picked higher than 2nd. I am not certain when they have ever been right. Does anyone?