Ozzie's quote on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

LosMediasBlancas

I thought they gave the Sox some justice. They said that this team was still a powerful team in the very beginning. It was funny, they started going down the lineup and seeing how many HRs each player hit and made it a point to say even though they lost some power, they still have quite a few hitters.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Their general bias against the Sox is quite evident from all of their announcers top to bottom and their programming.

Case in point, Sox win the first 2 of the series, they bury the highlights way down in SportsCenter.

Then the Sunday night game, we've got the Twins-Sox highlights early in the show.

Now you can say it was since Johan was pitching against Buehrle, but neither of these guys are well-known outside of their respective markets.

I can't argue that point. They didn't even use the Sox-Twins highlights from the first 2 games to hype the Sunday night game.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
I can't argue that point.  They didn't even use the Sox-Twins highlights from the first 2 games to hype the Sunday night game.

They showed highlights on the intro to the game, but that was it.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 04:14 AM)
I believe he said, " Because he doesn't play for Boston or New York, "when asked why Buehrle is relatively unknown outside Chicago.

Ozzie is difficult to understand, so I may be wrong. :D

I am thinking that's what I heard too. But, the percpetion that The Red Sox, and the Yanks for that matter, are ESPN's teams can't be ignored. We are one week into the season and look at how many games ESPN has televised between these two and plan on for this week. We have seen this before also where they get fixated on one team and it seems that is all you see. Teams in the central divisions get left out a lot because of the prime time stuff for the East coast.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
What baseless b****ing. You can complain about ESPN about alot of things but they gave the White Sox a lot of talk last night and heavily praised Ozzie Ball. Not all of you guys, but some of you are just unbelievable when it comes to this junk. Grow up.

Well then it's a good thing nobody brought up the fact that the annoucers could barely remember the name of the stadium the Sox play in.

It took them a good 10 seconds to spit out the name. They were probably scrambling to find the piece of paper they had written it down on...

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
Who are you the vioce-president of US Cellular? Who gives a s***? IF you are offended over guys not remembering our sellout corporate sponsor (half the people around here call it Comiskey still) then you need to really lighten up.

You've been around here long enough to have seen threads like these before. If it really bothers you that much, just don't read them.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
Who are you the vioce-president of US Cellular? Who gives a s***? IF you are offended over guys not remembering our sellout corporate sponsor (half the people around here call it Comiskey still) then you need to really lighten up.

Given that quite a few of the MLB stadiums have corporate naming rights, I don't see that as a valid excuse. They can't spend a minute or two doing their homework before they go on the air?

Miller and Morgan are the worst broadcasting team on television. They must have incriminating photos of one of the higher-ups at ABC.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
I thought he said "that's because MB pitches for the White Sox, you guys are always in Boston" Whatever he said, it was awesome, Miller was obviously stunned/surprised, a little awkward silence following.

You are right about that. There was definitly an uncomfortamble hesitation from the booth after Ozzie said that.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 08:24 AM)
Needless to say, they learned their lesson about a live Ozzie interview... :D

That's kinda like playing with matches while sitting on a box of dynamite.

BOOM GOES ... ah, forget it!