Barons Game 4/11 @ Carolina

BHAMBARONS

BARONS game @ Carolina Mudcats

Barons (2-2) Carolina (4-0)

Kris Honel (0-0 6.00) vs Yorman Bazardo (5-9 3.45)

This is a game I am really going to pay attention to tonight Kris Honel comes out and with something to prove. Carolina's pitching staff held Huntsville to .082 AVG with only 1 run scored in the series.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Wow, Honel has a 6 ERA and he hasn't even pitched this season. He must be pretty bad. :lol: Seriously, I really hope he does well. I'm not going to hold my breath though. I think he will go 3 or 4 innings and give up 3 or 4 runs.

I took last years numbers from Barons.com

Carolina 5 Barons 4

W-Bazardo L-Honel

Bazardo 5IP 8H 4R 2BB 2K's

Honel 4IP 8H 5R 2BB K

Good- Great Defense today by Sweeney, Feilds. Ryan gunned out a runner @ Home in the 1st and Feilds took away a run in 4th on a worm burner down the line. Bats came alive today some hard hit balls. 4 guys had 2 hit games today Rogowski, Feilds, Sweeny, Stewart. Young took advantage of the wind blowing out in the 5th a hit a high 2-0 Change up for his 1st AA Homerun . Malone Threw two shoutout innings today had that nasty hook working well. And what was awsome about that was when he needed his hook the most with a bases loaded 0 out mess he got it with a a chopper to first and a weak comebacker to get out of it with 0 runs scoring. Dwyane Pollok threw two scorless innings as well today.

Bad- Hitting with RISP it was down right awful today left 7 runners on base after the 5th inning. Other than the wind aided homer today Chris Young continues to be way over matched at the plate. Owens also is struggling he struck out two more times and is way over matched.

Notes- Honel threw two bad change ups that were hit a long ways today other than those two pitches the outing wasn't bad.

Charlotte lost to Toledo 5-3. Heath Phillips gave up 3 ER from 3 HR's, while Jason Grilli for Toledo didn't give up a run. Fields gave up a run in relief, while Walker had 2 K's.

Alex's man Bikowski had 1 hit leading off and 2 BB's. Anderson and Borch were both 1 for 4 with an RBI, with Borch playing in CF and Anderson in RF.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...tolaaa_chraaa_1

Winston - Salem beat Myrtle Beach 5-1. Excellent start for Ryan Rodriguez with only 1 ER and 3 K's. Amador and Molina both homered, and Nanita had 2 hits leading off.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...myrafx_wswafx_1

Kanny beat Greensboro 3-2 in 11 innings. Lucas Harrell also had a great start only giving up 1 ER, with 4 K's. The name guys didn't fire much of a shot, with Hernandez 1-4, King 0-4, and Ricks not playing. Layne Berry's had a good start to the season and so has Daron Roberts.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...gboafx_kanafx_1

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
it was much better last season just to get the boxes from baseball america.

Last year was fine. The site was run by sports network as opposed to MLBAM running it now. Figures that an MLB org. would screw it up.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Last year was fine. The site was run by sports network as opposed to MLBAM running it now. Figures that an MLB org. would screw it up.

Apparently they are having a rough start of it. Not getting information to teams in a timely manner either at the beginning. New company, new programming, etc. Give them half a season, they'll finally figure it out.

I know last year it was like instant. The teams would upload direclty to them and basically put in the info.

The new pages are definately nicer to navigate. They'll get the kinks worked out and they are still the fastest by far in getting up the stuff (since i'm guessing it still directly comes from the team).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
I know last year it was like instant.  The teams would upload direclty to them and basically put in the info. 

The new pages are definately nicer to navigate.  They'll get the kinks worked out and they are still the fastest by far in getting up the stuff (since i'm guessing it still directly comes from the team).

I remember the good old days when usatoday.com/sports/scores.htm was the quickest at getting boxscores up, usually within an hour of the end of the game.