Dare i say Sweep

Cloudyguy09

Perhaps because jinxes work?

How's that?? I think it could possibly play a psychological role with the players, but in order for this to happen they must first believe that a "jinx" in real and actually occurs. In no possible way can somebody convince me that posting something on a message board can interfere with the outcome of a baseball game....Seriously people grow up. :bang

QUOTE(traydragen @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
How's that?? I think it could possibly play a psychological role with the players, but in order for this to happen they must first believe that a "jinx" in real and actually occurs. In no possible way can somebody convince me that posting something on a message board can interfere with the outcome of a baseball game....Seriously people grow up. :bang

It's karma. Just how I feel, and I'm sure how many, many others do too.

QUOTE(traydragen @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)

You are telling me you do not have a lucky hat, lucky pen, lucky condom.. whatever the hell it is? That is basically the same thing as a ''jinx'' in my opinion.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
There's no such thing as a jinx you fruit-cakes.  Do you guys honestly think that something some guy posts on a message board affects whether the White Sox win or lose? :rolly

Hey, strangely enough, Jabroni makes a good point in this post.

And he called you guys fruitcakes. :D

As a baseball fan though, we are fans of a sport with the most superstitious players of any professional sport. Seriously, how many times have you seen a pitcher jump a foul line...or nobody talking to the pitcher currently tossing the perfect game/no-hitter....or the not so widely known "no one in the dugout recognize the rookie after he hits his first career HR"? As a baseball fan, I take all of this in and am predisposed to being superstitious myself.

Am I saying a guy on a message board will turn the game one way or another? No, and you can't really expect everyone here to not say something "jinxish". However, I won't say that I'm not superstitious about baseball. Hell my dad took a Cubs pin, put in the freezer sandwiched between two Nellie Fox patches during the Cubs playoff run a couple years ago (and then Bartman happened.) Did I think he was crazy at the time? Sure, but it makes baseball that much more fun. That's why I'll continue to be superstitious...I mean not Wade Boggs "fried chicken before every game" superstitious, but not saying a guy is throwing a no-hitter superstitious (if you get my drift).

Anyways, my point is people believe what they want to believe. We shouldn't think lesser of someone if they're superstitious or not...but in turn we shouldn't flame people for "jinxing" things. It's really that simple, so if you want to talk about "growing up" talk about not getting on someone for believing in certain things.

QUOTE(traydragen @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)

This from a guy with Ashlee in his avatar. :rolly

"I am not afraid!"

sir-robin.jpg

This from a guy with Ashlee in his avatar. rolleyes.gif

lol...i definately set myself up for that :banghead :banghead

And Fotop I'm not "getting on to you" for believing in a particular jinx. I guess I came off a little harsh when I said the whole "grow up" thing, but it wasn't geered at you guys for being immature. I was just thinking about how I used to believe in jinxes when I was a kid and played baseball and eventually I stepped on the lines or did not do a certain routine at the plate, and the percentages still played out like 99% of the time, as they always do in baseball.