A's UMPS

SoufSideHitMen

It's not just you, they all suck.

:fyou UMPS

That was the most piss poor job I've ever seen in my 23 years of life.

Absolutely HORRIBLE.

These guys should be ashamed to cash their paychecks.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
It's not just you, they all suck.

:fyou UMPS

That was the most piss poor job I've ever seen in my 23 years of life.

Absolutely HORRIBLE.

These guys should be ashamed to cash their paychecks.

These guys get paid? My friend does a better job umpiring little league games.

QUOTE(SoufSideHitMen @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
THESE ARE POSSIBLY THE WORST UMPIRES I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTED. AFTER LAST NIGHTS BALK CALL AND HORRIBLE PLAY AT THE PLATE AND TONIGHT WHEN JOE CREDE GOT HIT BY THE PITCH WHEN IT CLEARLY WAS IN THE BATTERS BOX! MAYBE IT IS JUST ME BUT DO THESE UMPS STINK! :banghead

in all honesty, no matter how much hawk hates and we hate it, the call was not really that bad, its in the rule book, regardless of where the ball is, battersbox or over the plate if a player intentionally gets hit by a ball the ump can rule that it was a strike or a ball. im not sayin crede got hit intentionally, but thats what it looked like to me....what was more bulls*** was throwing him out of teh game

But you could also make a argument for Crede trying to get out of the way of a pitch thrown at him. Although it wouldnt be a strong one. But there is no way he went out over the plate to get hit. I have never seen that called in my life, even though I have seen instances where it should have been called. Its not the umps fault we lost, as it is always in the teams hands to what you do in certain situations, but there umps sure helped the A's win these last 2 games.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
What really pissed me off was Froemming coming in from Left Field.  Get the f*** back there i don't care if you're the Chief or the f***ing President of the World, don't pull s*** like that.

He was out of breath when he got to the plate.

You're past your prime old man, time to hit the bricks and cut your losses.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
What really pissed me off was Froemming coming in from Left Field.  Get the f*** back there i don't care if you're the Chief or the f***ing President of the World, don't pull s*** like that.

Froemming is a fatass piece of s*** that is to f***in big to move over a few steps to get himself in good position last night for that play at the plate, if he wasn't so fat maybe he would have seen the runners foot pop up while getting tagged, instead he was behind the f***in play so he just saw foot beat ball. He's a fat lard.

Edited by Rowand44

That's fine if they call the ball that hit Crede a ball and not a HBP...but you can't throw him out of the game for being pissed...even if he said something. Warn him...make sure he gets fined...but you can't throw him out of the game.

And don't forget, this was the SIXTH hit batsman in the series and I don't think they even warned the A's bench. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
That's fine if they call the ball that hit Crede a ball and not a HBP...but you can't throw him out of the game for being pissed...even if he said something.  Warn him...make sure he gets fined...but you can't throw him out of the game.

And don't forget, this was the SIXTH hit batsman in the series and I don't think they even warned the A's bench.  Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier but during the pregame on the radio when Rooney was interviewing ozzie, ozzie said major league baseball called him and warned him that they'll be watching him and for him not to retaliate. What kind of bulls*** is that?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Froemming is a fatass piece of s*** that is to f***in big to move over a few steps to get himself in good position last night for that play at the plate, if he wasn't so fat maybe he would have seen the runners foot pop while getting tagged, instead he was behind the f***in play so he just saw foot beat ball.  He's a fat lard.

:lolhitting woot woot

I've had it called on me once in 15 years of playing baseball and that was in a tournament in Disney World with great umps. Had i played this year my goal was the Illinois HBP record. I'm an HBP machine and i've been f***ed over once.

I also called it on a 9 year old once and wanted to cry. I felt like such a jerk afterwards.

Going back to Buehrle's game, he came apart after the umps warned both benches when Harden hit Everett. I can't put my finger on it, but I remember him often having trouble after warnings are out. I want to say once against Minny and then against the Indians.

Any one remember Marks' history after warnings?

hey I was at the game today and I thought the call was odd but fair. I was near homeplate and had a good angle. I think what the umps were basically saying is the sox hitters are turning into the ball rather then steping back or turning at an angle that looks as if the hitter was getting out of the way.

Also I think there were two reasons he got thrown out. One he kept arguing the call after the play and I could be mistaken but I may have thrown his bat when he popped up. Crede, of course this is hindsight, should have had more composure there especially when two of the infield reserves are hurt. Oakland fans started dogging me when they saw Dye at short :fight

Did anyone see the person that ran into the field when the ninth started? Probably not. Some A's fan fan onto the field just to run waving his hands around because he went from the first base side all the way to right before he was tackled.

Was pretty funny acutally seeing this guy get his ass kicked by the security.

I didn't get too see any of today's game, so not sure what was legit by umps or not. On MOnday, when I saw Bruce Froemming in the crew, I knew something would happen this series. The guy is an egomaniac. It has been said in many different towns. Believe he looked really bad when all those umps resigned and now is just a bitter old man.

Try a diet, Bruce, or you won't be around long.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFan @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Did anyone see the person that ran into the field when the ninth started?  Probably not.  Some A's fan fan onto the field just to run waving his hands around because he went from the first base side all the way to right before he was tackled.

Was pretty funny acutally seeing this guy get his ass kicked by the security.

Lol..

capt.oas10904272305.white_sox_athletics_