Bachelor's Grove

SnB

For some odd reason, i was looking at ghost sites online today and saw that there is a cemetery in Midlothian, IL (About 10 minutes from me) that is supposedly one of the most haunted places in the world.

What do you guys know about it?

I'm not an expert about it or anything, but I've read a bit about it just because I find ghost stories fun. What I know about Bachelor's Grove is that there are a lot of different stories that go with it. Three that I remember is one of a woman sitting with her baby. Another is of a farmer being pulled into a creek by his horse. The last is people claim to see a house in the distance, but there are no records of a house ever being there. Like I said I don't know a lot about it just because I forgot a lot of it. But it's pretty interesting. It's considered so haunted because the ghost "experts" that go there say there's a lot of activity. Whatever that means. Speaking of ghost stories near our area, have you read about Resurection Mary yet?

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
For some odd reason, i was looking at ghost sites online today and saw that there is a cemetery in Midlothian, IL (About 10 minutes from me) that is supposedly one of the most haunted places in the world.

What do you guys know about it?

Bachelor's Grove is on Midlothian Turnpike (about 143rd street) just west of Justamere Road ( not a street, avenue, or court.. justamere road :D ) Justamere becomes Oak Park Ave. at 147th street... on the north side of midlothian turnpike... I've never been there, but the bike trails wind thru that whole area... it's kind of cool... One spot near there is really cool... it is the old Cemetary... and part of the "hauntedness" of the area... I've been to the cemetary, and it is kind of spooky :huh: even in the day time... leaves rustling always freaks me out... anywho.. the cemetary is also off of Midlothian Turnpike... park at Rubio Woods... Midlo Trnpk east of ridgeland.. on north side of midlo trnpk... the cemetary is assessible on foot, bike... not bad terrain... just no where to park.. hence parking at Rubio Woods... Cross Midlo trnpk toward the Cell Phone tower .. south side of midlo trnpk... vere right.. west... you will see an old neglected access road... follow the road about 150 -200 yds... you will be going basically parallel to Midlo trnpk... the abandoned cemetary... maybe not abandoned cause there are still graves, but you know what I mean... will be on your right... I've heard good fishing at the pond right there also... but I can't imagine "hanging out" cause, like I said earlier, it is spooky... full moon's usually get more traffic... especially harvest/halloween time...

i have been to bachelors grove(During the day) and I was still freaked out and disgusted. There is trash everywhere and there is this creepy pond in back of the cemetary. i took my video camera into the cemetary and when I got to the grave withthe name called Fulton, my camera battery died. i had a full charge and it died. i later read online where ghost don't like cameras and mess with them when they are around. I don't know but I left there with a creepy vibe.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
Bachelor's Grove is on Midlothian Turnpike (about 143rd street) just west of Justamere Road ( not a street, avenue, or court.. justamere road :D ) Justamere becomes Oak Park Ave. at 147th street...  on the north side of midlothian turnpike...  I've never been there, but the bike trails wind thru that whole area...  it's kind of cool... One spot near there is really cool... it is the old Cemetary...  and part of the "hauntedness" of the area... I've been to the cemetary, and it is kind of spooky :huh:  even in the day time...  leaves rustling always freaks me out...  anywho.. the cemetary is also off of Midlothian Turnpike... park at Rubio Woods...  Midlo Trnpk east of ridgeland.. on north side of midlo trnpk... the cemetary is assessible on foot, bike...  not bad terrain... just no where to park..  hence parking at Rubio Woods...  Cross Midlo trnpk toward the Cell Phone tower .. south side of midlo trnpk...  vere right.. west...  you will see an old neglected access road...  follow the road about 150 -200 yds... you will be going basically parallel to Midlo trnpk...  the abandoned cemetary...  maybe not abandoned cause there are still graves, but you know what I mean...  will be on your right...  I've heard good fishing at the pond right there also...  but I can't imagine "hanging out" cause, like I said earlier, it is spooky...  full moon's usually get more traffic...  especially harvest/halloween time...

Who??? :huh

Parking at Rubio is how the fuzz will trap you... but during the day you should be OK.... And as far as Midlothian Police patrolling... ???? I've never seen a midlo cop there and I've been living off the turnpike for about 8 years ... I have seen cook county sheriff's.. and cook forest preserve cops obviously...

I've been to the aformentioned 'bachelors grove'...Its a fun little place to go during a boring high school weekend...Everyone claims to see something different, and to be honest it is a little freaky. For some reason at night a green mist appears and you can swear you can make out figures in the distance. In the middle of the cemetery is a little shack where most of the crazy phenomeons take place. My friend claims she was tapped on the shoulder and people here whispers and feel random breezes, u know the obvious "hauntings"

Now to be honest I dont exactly buy into to all this stuff, but its cool, check it out and you'll probably end up freaked out (like I was) about basically nothing at all :D

Bachelor's Grove was originally a cemetary used by German immigrants in the 1800's. It was also used as a dumping ground for the mob over the years as well.

In my numerous visits to this and other "haunted" sites in Chicagoland(I used to give tours in college), I never heard nuthin', never saw nuthin', never felt nuthin'.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:19 AM)
In my numerous visits to this and other "haunted" sites in Chicagoland(I used to give tours in college), I never heard nuthin', never saw nuthin', never felt nuthin'.

At different times, Brian and my sister were there during their high school years and tell me the same thing (that they saw, felt and heard nothing). But yet when I ask them to go with me (because I have never been there), they absolutely refuse to go.

Drive passed there all the time though, just never stopped and walked over to the cemetary. I think going there would break my heart though (see the headstones toppled and garbage strewn about the place though).