3 Sox Minor Leaguers Test Positive for Steroids?

Finkelstein

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
I guess I should've said if they were doing roids. Of course, we could hook Timo up with some flaxseed oil..... :lol:

The policy states that the substance for which they are suspended will not be released.

many of the GNC products contain steroid precursors or masking agents that will show a positive test. With the increased positive tests, the players will eventually learn to ask the athletic trainer about the products before they take them.

QUOTE(ptatc @ May 12, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
many of the GNC products contain steroid precursors or masking agents that will show a positive test. With the increased positive tests, the players will eventually learn to ask the athletic trainer about the products before they take them.

Yep, guys basically can no longer just take substances off a shelf and feel 100% sure they'll be fine. It really raises the importance of having well-educated trainers and really educating the players in your system about how to make sure what you are taking will not get you in trouble with the league.

You can walk into GNC and practically buy steroids. The substances they sell walk a really fine line. Congress is really b****ing at everyone, but why don't they take a look at the FDA and bring "nutritional supplements" under their control instead of letting them run willy-nilly?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
I was just thinking the samething.  They must have told the teams before they released the info.  I take it Toca is gone now too?

The teams found out a day or two prior to the press release. Note Valido was not in the lineup the night before the press release came out.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
Valido is our numero uno SS prospect so this is not good

True.....

But our SS in the bigs is only 25 years old, a dandy with the glove, and the best 9th hitter in baseball..... so dont worry too much