May 12 games

Guest JimH

Guest JimH

Charlotte loses 7-3, decent start by Adkins but both Munoz and Matt Smith with tough relief outings.

3 hits for Pedro Lopez, Brian Anderson with a double and a walk. Borchard 0-4 with three strikeouts, ugh.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...ottaaa_chraaa_1

Brimingham up 9-5 in the 8th, I'm sure Bham will update. So far the offense is carrying the day, a home run by Chris Young, almost all the regulars have at least one hit. Sweeney with 2.

Winston-Salem wins 8-4, Rodriguez 5 innings in the start. Mike Myers takes over at SS for Valido and has a big game.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...wswafx_salafx_1

Kannapolis gets spanked 6-1. Clint King with two of the Intimidator's 7 hits.

Not a bad start for Liotta, 8 k's in 6 IP and it also looks like Gio Gonzalez came in for 1/3 inning relief and walked a few guys (could be another Gonzalez though?).

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...lwdafx_kanafx_1

Barons 13 Mississippi 5

W- Villacis L- Wright

Everyone in the lineup had a hit tonight and 2 hits a piece for Gonzo,Young,Sweeney,Fields and Rogo. Chris Young's hit streak reaches 16 games with a 428 ft shot to center. Darren Blakley hit 453 ft shot over the score board in right. Villacis pitched ok tonight best outing of the season, Still struggles with command pitched from behind the whole evening. Saved his best pitch of the night until his last with 2nd,3rd 0 outs in the 7th Villacis threw a 93 MPH fastball chin high that swung on and missed for a K.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 13, 2005 -> 06:48 AM)
Unless they're traded at the deadline.

Well unlike Jeremy Reed... KW and Ozzie really seem to have taken a big liking to Anderson and Sweeney... even after Reed's great season we heard more about Sweeney and Anderson.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say one of our big 4 will be dealt at the deadline. Fields won't be eligible until close to the deadline, but I doubt he will be traded anyway. I'm thinking one of them is going to get traded.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say one of our big 4 will be dealt at the deadline. Fields won't be eligible until close to the deadline, but I doubt he will be traded anyway. I'm thinking one of them is going to get traded.

Kind of silly to bother wasting time talking about that when injuries haven't created any glaring needs and there are few obvious holes that need significant upgrade.

Is this the minor league board or the "Why bother cause they're all going to be traded, so let's just whine about it" board?

Just curious.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ May 13, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
Kind of silly to bother wasting time talking about that when injuries haven't created any glaring needs and there are few obvious holes that need significant upgrade.

Is this the minor league board or the "Why bother cause they're all going to be traded, so let's just whine about it" board?

Just curious.

I'm a big fan of not trading guys, but when was the last time KW didn't make a trade at the deadline? Something will likely pop up.

Have a bad day or something? You're posts have been more attacking than usual.

I dont doubt KW will be looking for a trade.... but When Frank comes back Carl is going to want to start... and than we have Willie Harris who doesnt have a role with this team anymore really.... I think KW wants to keep Fields, Anderson, Sweeney, and B-Mac unless he gets blown away by a deal.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 13, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
I think KW wants to keep Fields, Anderson, Sweeney, and B-Mac unless he gets blown away by a deal.

Or the team is desperate for something at the deadline like we've seen in previous years. As of right now I wouldn't take any deals right now, but things change.