AAP: Brian Anderson

BRIAN ANDERSON

Born: March 11, 1982.

Height: 6-2

Weight: 205

Bats: R

Throws: R

School: University of Arizona

Selected 15th overall by the Sox in the 2003 Draft.

Rated the best Prospect in the Sox Farm System by Baseball America in 2005. Has a .307 lifetime average in the minors. He is also rated the Sox best defensive Outfielder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
08/15/2005 5:19 PM ET

White Sox place Podsednik on DL

Purchase the contract of Brian Anderson from Class AAA Charlotte

CHICAGO -- Prior to tonight's game vs. Minnesota, the Chicago White Sox placed outfielder Scott Podsednik on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to Aug. 13) with a strained left adductor and purchased the contract of outfielder Brian Anderson from Class AAA Charlotte.

Anderson, 23, was hitting .295 (124-421) with 23 doubles, 15 home runs and 54 RBI in 111 games with Charlotte. The 6-foot-2, 205-pounder ranked second on the Knights in average, home runs and RBI at the time of the promotion.

Anderson, who was selected in the first round (15th overall) of the June 2003 First-Year Player Draft, was ranked by Baseball America as the No. 1 Prospect and Best Defensive Outfielder in the White Sox organization entering the 2005 season.

Podsednik has batted .282 (108-383) with 19 RBI and a Major League-leading 54 stolen bases in 99 games with the Sox. His 54 stolen bases are 35 more than Willie Harris' team-high 19 in 2004. Podsednik, who stole 22 consecutive bases from June 5-July 22, also leads the American League with 31 infield hits and 13 bunt hits.

The White Sox 40-man roster is now at 40.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Looked damn good in his major league debut going 2 for 7 with a couple basehits. Currently hitting .286 with a run.

I read a couple of remarks in PHT that he didn't look very good at all. Maybe it was 1st game jitters.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
I read a couple of remarks in PHT that he didn't look very good at all.  Maybe it was 1st game jitters.

He looked good and bad. He did K twice but he did have some very nice ab's. In the 7th for his first hit, he took a breaking ball low and away went and got it and stroked it into left field. He hit an absolute bullet in the 10th or 11th or 12th or 13th :P I can't remember which inning. Then in one of the other extra innings he hit the ball into the hole between 3rd and short for a base hit. By the way he can really run, I'm not sure if you guys could see him run on T.V. but when Timo hit that gapper Brian absolutely exploded around the bases, I knew he was fast but he was absolutely flying around the bases, very impressive speed.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
I was at the game yesterday and when he came up to bat a mets fan sitting behind me than said that Anderson sucked.  I told him that he was their best prospect.

But he's not the Sox "best" prospect. :huh: