Garland

BrandoFan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting back to garland, is anyone now agreeing with me that this guy should've been traded last yr>

Well I think Baggs and I to a lesser extent would of agreed to that last year. Baggs probably still agrees, but I go with what I saw in Spring and I think this kid will be fine.

Now if we could use Garland and say Lee to pull down a 3rd ace like AJ Burnett than I'm all for it.

getting back to garland, is anyone now agreeing with me that this guy should've been traded last yr>

Well I think Baggs and I to a lesser extent would of agreed to that last year. Baggs probably still agrees, but I go with what I saw in Spring and I think this kid will be fine.

Now if we could use Garland and say Lee to pull down a 3rd ace like AJ Burnett than I'm all for it.

or stewart and a cat prospect from tor. :lol:

or stewart and a cat prospect from tor. :lol:

Watching Olivo I know he's going to be good. He's got a very short swing and hits the ball to the opposite field with power. Give this kid a full season of mentoring (This Season) and you'll see quite the catcher next year and the following years.

This kid shutsdown the running game and may just develop 20 homer power. He also has great speed and is so aggressive, yet smart, on the basepaths.

The more I watch him, the more I really like him.

Another thing I thought about, after Rex, made his comments on Malone. Considering Malone probably still has very good value, we could package him with someone as well to land another starter, if necessary.

If a trade for a good #3 came up....say....hypothetically, Kerry Wood....I'd trade Garland. The guy has to be a stud pitcher(and obviously, I'd package some other players along with him).

One guy I wouldn't mind having is Brian Lawrence in San Diego. He's a pretty damn good pitcher. I'd most definately give them Garland for Lawrence....because then, if Garland did become a big-time real good pitcher....we might have to face him once every 3 years...if that even. We'd have to see him in the World Series otherwise. That trade would not comeback and bite us in the ass. A trade to an NL team is very low risk....IMO....because they rarely do bite you in the ass like a trade to an AL team does.

Unless of course you are the Indians and you trade Bartolo Colon to the Expos and then they trade him to the White Sox....and they get to ram him down your throat everyday of the f***ing year. HAHA CLEVELAND!!! :lolhitting

Lawrence was the guy I wanted the Sox to acquire this past offseason. He was one of the names I mentioned. The kid is really talented despite not having great stuff and just signed a very affordable contract extension.

I don't even think you would have to give up Garland for him.

Still, I'm happy with our team. 4 starts aren't a season, after 7 or 8 I'll be worried.

i disagree with that completly 95% of my friends have been arrested, and i still have no record what so ever. it is not who you know, its what you do that counts.

People with morals and principles don't fraternize with criminals.

not when it is just for large sums of drugs. and breaking into cars(i disagree with stealing completly and i have never done it) but regardless they are still my friends and the people i grew up with.

why are you bringing up the pot head crap? 

it seems more made up and a way to give a guy a bad rap than anything.  the only things I've heard about Garland is that he's pretty low key and quiet.

Well I agree as long as Jon isn't a pot head.

I don't care what someone does on their own time, but if those actions hinder his on-field performance (and being a pot head would do that), that's when I have a problem with it.

I hope Jon's not a pot head.

I don't remember who suggested he's a pot head -- but whoever did, what basis do you have for making that statement? Any? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

unless he is getting stoned before games it is not affecting him at all. and maybe the problem he doesnt smoke before games anymore so he isnt has calm.

pot head?

Everyone in pro sports is a pot head...

Shut the f*** up.

What a moronic comment.

I was joking...

You need to lighten up...

Normally you denote "jokes" with a smiley (maybe a ;) or a :lol:). Or, if you're trying to be sarcastic, you use green.

Since you did none of the above and I believe you were being serious, I will stick with my original response.

not everyone is a pro poster you know.

Everyone has at least 1 friend from childhood or a family member who is a severe f*** up. :P

Spending time with family members is a bit different, as you cannot choose who is your family.

Friends, on the other hand, are hand-chosen, and IMO anyone with morals would not hang out with a known criminal (particularly someone who does drugs -- there's nothing more self-destructive).

coming from a guy with 420 at the end of his name?

Everyone has at least 1 friend from childhood or a family member who is a severe f*** up. :P

Spending time with family members is a bit different, as you cannot choose who is your family.

Friends, on the other hand, are hand-chosen, and IMO anyone with morals would not hang out with a known criminal (particularly someone who does drugs -- there's nothing more self-destructive).

hey now. some drugs are pretty cool if unless you get addicted. ;) And i am a convicted felon .I have a battery charge on my from when i was younger and 2 under age drinking charges. Does that make me a bad person? Quite a few people on this board hang out with me. Just because i have smoked pot and tried other drugs means they have no morals. I go to work every day I spent 1 night in jail in my life. Am i a scumbag to you?

And no i'm not a pot head. I get random drug tests at work . no can do even if i wanted to.

thank you rps i never have done anything wrong besides smoking pot and who is to say that is wrong i am only affecting myself and working 40 hours a week and still attending high school full time.

hey now. some drugs are pretty cool if unless you get addicted. ;)  And i am a convicted felon .I have a battery charge on my from when i was younger and 2 under age drinking charges. Does that make me a bad person? Quite a few people on this board hang out with me. Just because i have smoked pot and tried other drugs means they have no morals. I go to work every day I spent 1 night in jail in my life. Am i a scumbag to you?

And no i'm not a pot head. I get random drug tests at work . no can do even if i wanted to.

Killing your brain cells is cool?

I'm not going to speak about you personally, since I don't know you, and there are obviously exceptions to every rule.

Beer is actually worse for you then pot. weed is harmless unless you have to be high every day and hour.

yup better than cigs too. because most people smoke like atleast a half a pack a day.

hey now. some drugs are pretty cool if unless you get addicted. ;)  And i am a convicted felon .I have a battery charge on my from when i was younger and 2 under age drinking charges. Does that make me a bad person? Quite a few people on this board hang out with me. Just because i have smoked pot and tried other drugs means they have no morals. I go to work every day I spent 1 night in jail in my life. Am i a scumbag to you?

I'm not going to speak about you personally, since I don't know you, and there are obviously exceptions to every rule.

Beer is actually worse for you then pot. weed is harmless unless you have to be high every day and hour.

Something that alters your state of mind with chemicals is not harmless.

"Weed is harmless" is one of the biggest misconceptions in the US today, and some kids are ruining their lives as a result of believing that lie.

i know plenty of potheads that make 300,000 a year working has graphic designers, making webpages and other programing. weed does not ruin you life unless you are addicted to it, but anything you are addicted to is bad even those candy bars

pot is harmless huh? So it doesnt cause people to underperform, and in most cases, be a useless piece of s*** for life? Obviously you dont know too many potheads.

not unless you smoke before you go to work or before you have to do something.

coming from a guy with 420 at the end of his name?

Having 420 at the end of my name means nothing.

Don't jump to conclusions.

Guest hotsoxchick1

:D

i disagree with that completly 95% of my friends have been arrested, and i still have no record what so ever. it is not who you know, its what you do that counts.

People with morals and principles don't fraternize with criminals.

...so you know each and every person on the boards ???? you have no idea who your fraternizing with then do ya.........lol lol lol lol lol ............... :D :D :D either that or you have no morals............lol lol lol lol which is it hon.......... :huh:

so you know each and every person on the boards ???? you have no idea who your fraternizing with then do ya.........lol lol lol lol lol ............... :D  :D  :D either that or you have no morals............lol lol lol lol which is it hon.......... :huh:

Well, a message board is a bit different due to the anonymity of such a venue. All I really know about you people (so far at least, since I've never met any of you face-to-face) is what you have to say about Sox basball, and not much more than that.

Now, when and if I meet any of you or if I were to find out that any of you were criminals, my fraterinization time with you would cease to exist. Criminals are, for the most part, bad people, and I personally wouldn't want to spend any of my time with them because of that.