Bonderman

AddisonStSox

My favorite player in baseball right now, other than a member of our belov'ed Sox, is Jeremy Bonderman--hands down.

My question to you: what is the contract of this 22-year-old ace in the making and has he expressed any interest to play elsewhere? Also, would would it take to net this kid via trade (wheter the White Sox or not)?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 26, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
Detroit would never trade thier ace to the Sox, for sure.

It would take a giant package to land him, if a team was interested they would have to overwelm the Detroit Brass with a deal that could not be rejected.

No doubt; hence, the question regarding contract status.

It would take a lot to get Bonderman, but to suggest he is untradeable is a little ridiculous. No player is untradeable - I'm sure even the White Sox would trade Jon Garland for the right package right now. Of course, the right package would include probably about $20 mill in money, someway or another, someone to take on Dye and his fugly ass contract, a stud RFer, a good SP to replace Garland, along with 2 bullpen arms and 2 prospects(hopefully Steinbrenner is listening)

I would guess it would take the FG package * 2, talent wise. Probably 2 top 5 specs, and then 1 or 2 more top 20 specs. No team should want to pay that.

So ya, he is pretty much untradeable. :P

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
It would take a lot to get Bonderman, but to suggest he is untradeable is a little ridiculous.  No player is untradeable - I'm sure even the White Sox would trade Jon Garland for the right package right now.  Of course, the right package would include probably about $20 mill in money, someway or another, someone to take on Dye and his fugly ass contract, a stud RFer, a good SP to replace Garland, along with 2 bullpen arms and 2 prospects(hopefully Steinbrenner is listening)

I would guess it would take the FG package * 2, talent wise.  Probably 2 top 5 specs, and then 1 or 2 more top 20 specs.  No team should want to pay that.

So ya, he is pretty much untradeable.  :P

Who said he was untradeable? :huh

Bonderman, Garland, Ryan Franklin, Ben Hendrickson, and Mike Maroth all had comparable numbers enough going into this season. He is a solid number two, he is only their number one because, well, Maroth is their number two. He is good, but still raw. I'd take Carlos Zambrano who is a year older over him in a second.

He seems like a good kid though. 2003 was his first year, lost 19 games IIRC.