5/27 Games

danman31

Indianapolis @ Charlotte Scoreless after 1, Adkins started.

Birmingham @ West Tenn Tracey to start.

Winston-Salem @ Kinston Scoreless mid 2nd, Haeger starting.

Kannapolis @ Savannah Scoreless top 3, Liotta starting.

What a game in Jackson, Tracey vs Minor League Strike Outleader Rich Hill.

Barons jump on Hill in the first for 3 runs but the last 7 Barons have went down on K's Hill has 9 through 4 innings. Tracey has a 1 hitter with 6 K's through 4

Guest JimH

Looks like the Barons got into the West Tenn bullpen, they win going away 9-1.

W-S loses 2-1, the Haegermeister with a good outing but he loses. Kannapolis wins 3-0, Liotta gets the W, Matt Zaleski with the save..

Charlotte loses to Indy 7-6, Frank 1-5 with a BB. Baj takes the loss.

Can't get the boxes, there is an error on minorleaguebaseball.com .

Barons 9 West Tenn 1

W-Tracey (6-1) L- Hill (4-3)

Liked how the Barons hung in there with Rich Hill the K leader in the Minors. Tracey Matched Hill 0 for 0 and Tracey was bothered by a virus and was only 70% for this game. I just can't say enough about Trace outing tonight. Tracey went 6 innings only allowed 3 hits (to the League's best hitting team) walked 3 Struck out 7. Andy Gonzalez looks like he loves the 2 hole on base 4 times tonight Homered over the Barons Clubhouse in deep left field Doubled off the Left Field wall and Drew a key walk which set up the put away drive. Sweeney had 3 hits today scored 2 runs drove in 2. Barons hitters Struck out 17 times tonight and D-Jaxx hitters struck out 13 times. Villcais on the mound tomorrow

QUOTE(JimH @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
Can't get the boxes, there is an error on minorleaguebaseball.com .

For the record, I had an error last night as the boxes wouldn't link off of the team page, but if you went to league scores and clicked through there it worked for some reason. Maybe that was the case for you. By the time I got on they were working fine.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm beginning to think that Tracey has potential to be a workhorse reliever. His control makes me think that he couldn't make it as a starter. If he comes in to be a Marte type guy, who just logs a ton of innings, with his supposed rubber arm and sheer will to pitch, he might be able to have more success like that. He's got a plus fastball that would be nice out of the pen. He seems like one of those guys that the McDowell was talking about during the game yesterday. The type of guy that has great stuff and if he walks the guy no big deal because he's not going to give the hitter anything to hit with that stuff. Maybe this is me just rambling on, but I'm doubting Tracey can make it as a starter with his control issues. As we've seen, young pitchers' control problems get magnified when they come to the Majors. Tracey's rubber arm, will to pitch, and stuff have to be utilized somehow and workhorse relievers are very valuable throughout the course of a long season.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 28, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Time for Tracey to go to Charlotte perhaps?

No reason to rush. Let him get at least half a season in AA, if not a full season. See what he can do. He was in A ball last year and there is no harm in letting him go a system a year. Keeps him comfortable and he is still very raw as a pitcher.

Boy do I love his stuff and attidue. I disagree with some of you because I think he can be a quality starter, if not a very good one. He has some really good stuff and movement and I can only see him getting better and better. How good will he get, I don't know if he'd ever be a #1, maybe he coudl be a #2 but not with his current control. As of now I'd say a good #3 is where his upside could take him (with better control that would rise).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
No reason to rush. Let him get at least half a season in AA, if not a full season.  See what he can do.  He was in A ball last year and there is no harm in letting him go a system a year.  Keeps him comfortable and he is still very raw as a pitcher. 

Boy do I love his stuff and attidue.  I disagree with some of you because I think he can be a quality starter, if not a very good one.  He has some really good stuff and movement and I can only see him getting better and better.  How good will he get, I don't know if he'd ever be a #1, maybe he coudl be a #2 but not with his current control.  As of now I'd say a good #3 is where his upside could take him (with better control that would rise).

I know he's been bandied about in some rumors round here for a deadline upgrade for the big club (The Phillies were scouting him heavily about a week ago), but Jason out of all the top 5-10 prospects we have, would you deal Tracey, or would you try to trade someone else instead like a Ray Liotta or Tyler Lumsden instead if we were to make a trade (e.g the Freddy Garcia one from last season)?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 28, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
I know he's been bandied about in some rumors round here for a deadline upgrade for the big club (The Phillies were scouting him heavily about a week ago), but Jason out of all the top 5-10 prospects we have, would you deal Tracey, or would you try to trade someone else instead like a Ray Liotta or Tyler Lumsden instead if we were to make a trade (e.g the Freddy Garcia one from last season)?

I'm not jason obviously but I'll throw my opinion out there anyways :P . I'd rather trade Tracey I'm just not as high on him as Jas is. Like I said before he's definitely the one quality prospect I wouldn't mind centering a package around to get a Wagner or a big bat. Tracey could definitely bring us some quality though imo.