Interesting Buerhle Quotes About Coaches

From today's Tribune:

"I think from everyone's standpoint, everyone gets along well" said Buehrle. "Pitchers like the hitting coach and the hitters like Coop. I won't mention any names, but during my first years here there was a hitting coach who couldn't stand pitchers and he was going off on us. We didn't really like him, either."

Checking past media guides, the likely suspects are either Von Joshua or Gary Ward.

This also says something about the control the manager had over his staff, I think.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
From today's Tribune:

"I think from everyone's standpoint, everyone gets along well" said Buehrle. "Pitchers like the hitting coach and the hitters like Coop. I won't mention any names, but during my first years here there was a hitting coach who couldn't stand pitchers and he was going off on us. We didn't really like him, either."

Checking past media guides, the likely suspects are either Von Joshua or Gary Ward.

This also says something about the control the manager had over his staff, I think.

That speaks volumes about Manuel's "control" of the White Sox in his tenure. What a crock. Why would a hitting coach yell at a pitcher for any reason outside of personal reasons?