Ozzie's Attitude

fathom

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
+

Why does Vizc throw that slider?  It's not a good pitch, it fools noone. 

When is this s*** gonna stop?  Do u think we can keep winning games w/ these AAAA guys u keep throwing in?

Uhh, Cause that's his best pitch...What do you want to throw, his famous curve ball?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
Why do we bunt Pods into scoring position when he is the best base stealer in the majors, thus giving up an out?

Why does he continue to have Contreras and Hernandez pitching back-to-back in the rotation?

Why has he abandoned the hit-and-run?

Why does every pitcher lose 3 mph from their fastball when they join our team?

Answer #1

He has Uribe hitting behind him. The most impatient hitter in all of baseball. You cant tell this fool to take a pitch, so you are better off telling him to bunt. At least he cant strand the runner when he bunts.

Follow up question. Why the hell is this free swinging slumping hitter batting in the 2 hole. You want a guy who is patient and has good bat control. I would rather wee willie that free swinging spin boy.

Answer #2

Dont know. With El Duque coming back he could of bumped one of them. But he couldnt give Walker that one last chance to suck before he went down. Like him almost flipping us the bird on the way out of the stadium.

Answer #3

Our hitters barely can make contact. You cant hit and run when they are all taking home run cuts in strategic ABs. Pull baseball son doesnt allow for the hit and run when you are falling over trying to park the outside pitch.

Answer #4

We are a clean team and the roids dont work here.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:33 AM)
Were you going to sleep better tonight if Ozzie and Brantley made up and made out afterwards?  No.  GMFAB.  You guys just love to complain, and this is just something else to complain about.

Weren't you saying the same thing a few weeks ago when we b****ed about Ozzie's bad managing, and how it would cost us games over the course of the season that we had no reason losing? I'm shocked you didn't throw in that we're in first place, etc. to try and support your argument. How anyone can defend Ozzie right now honestly baffles me.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
You guys just love to complain, and this is just something else to complain about.

Unfortunately...

And that list of questions is ridiculous. Similar lists can be made for just about every manager in every sport over the years...

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
Man if that's his best pitch, he's hurtin'.

his slider is donkey dick and u know it, he doesnt simply hang it once in a count, it's every f***in time he throws it. :chair

Actually his slider is his out pitch. He should be using his fastball to get ahead of the hitter then using the slider to put them away. But he is using it like mike jackson did last year. Slider, slider, then he gets behind the count. fastball. This is the single reason why he gets hurt. He is pitching backwards.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Weren't you saying the same thing a few weeks ago when we b****ed about Ozzie's bad managing, and how it would cost us games over the course of the season that we had no reason losing?  I'm shocked you didn't throw in that we're in first place, etc. to try and support your argument.  How anyone can defend Ozzie right now honestly baffles me.

What does this have thread/debate have to do with the play on the field. Absolutely nothing. This is about Jeff Brantley being worthless. Ozzie didn't like it. He didn't forgive him. The end.

Edited by greasywheels121

Actually his slider is his out pitch.  He should be using his fastball to get ahead of the hitter then using the slider to put them away.  But he is using it like mike jackson did last year.  Slider, slider, then he gets behind the count. fastball.  This is the single reason why he gets hurt.  He is pitching backwards.

I'm sorry if im the only one who thinks this 'out pitch' is inneffective at best.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
Viz was throwing 95 mph at times for Milwaukee last year.  Garcia used to be around 93-94 mph....now he's 90-91 mph.  Politte's velocity last year was consistently down from how hard he threw in his previous seasons.  Don't forget our buddy Koch.

Really? I don't remember Vic throwing 95 MPH fast balls last year...and I saw him a bunch when they played the Cubs..and he was never really a Fastball pitcher..He's always thrown that slider 70% of the time..I think he threw from92- 93 to a high 94 rarley..and who knows, maybe he was over used in Brew town

And Cliff's velocity if consistently 94 to 96MPH THIS YEAR..why are you talking about last year..He's throwing hard this year.

And Koch is a diff story..I don't know what happened to him and that's why he's out MLB..cause he sucks..

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
I'm sorry if im the only one who thinks this 'out pitch' is inneffective at best.

His outpitch is very inneffective if he throws it over and over and over like Mike Jackson did. If you spot two fastballs on the outside corner and then using his slider it will be fine.

Brantley is a fat punk who is bitter and a nobody.

Another immature sight from Ozzie. I don't think I've once seen Guillen admit he was wrong at one point or another and until he does so, the White Sox are going to see idiotical displays like the Timo Perez experiment tonight. Ozzie seemingly believes that no one should hold him accountable because he "makes the f***ing lineup" or whatever. I'm sick and tired of hearing his childish rants when someone pins him in a corner he deserves to be in. Instead of saying, "s***, I made a mistake, I'll never do it again," he instead lashes out at reporters as if they're going to crucify him. While Ozzie is indeed the manager, he isn't God; he's totally human. Not everyone is going to be buddy-buddy with him, and he's only going to alienate himself and the fanbase through this horses***.

His outpitch is very inneffective if he throws it over and over and over like Mike Jackson did. If you spot two fastballs on the outside corner and then using his slider it will be fine.

Brantley is a fat punk who is bitter and a nobody.

Completely agree on the second point, but I still say he hangs that slider 75% of the time he throws it and that is all I'm saying.

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:42 AM)
Really? I don't remember Vic throwing 95 MPH fast balls last year...and I saw him a bunch when they played the Cubs..and he was never really a Fastball pitcher..He's always thrown that slider 70% of the time..I think he threw from92- 93 to a high 94 rarley..and who knows, maybe he was over used in Brew town

Viz definitely had a better fastball last year. He's fallen in love with his slider, and has lost velocity, and more importantly, control on his fastball. Viz also used a pretty effective splitter in the past for the Brewers, but he rarely throws that now. Garcia is another pitcher who seems to have fallen in love with his offspeed pitch, and is relying too much on it. Out of all our pitchers, Garcia probably throws the fewest amount of fastballs past a batter. The Sox are notorious for having pitchers lose velocity once they get into their organization.

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)

And Cliff's velocity if consistently 94 to 96MPH THIS YEAR..why are you talking about last year..He's throwing hard this year.

And Koch is a diff story..I don't know what happened to him and that's why he's out MLB..cause he sucks..

Oh, and Freddy was was injured in what 02 and 03..His first full year was last year and maybe the injury took a mile or 2 from his fast ball...But is still pitching pretty good and has pitched pretty good the last 2 seasons..

He was injured while with the Mariners, so it certainly wasn't our fault.

It's not like he was throwing 95 in 04 then came to the sox and lost his velocity all of a sudden.

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:46 AM)
Oh, and Freddy was was injured in what 02 and 03..His first full year was last year and maybe the injury took a mile or 2 from his fast ball...But is still pitching pretty good and has pitched pretty good the last 2 seasons..

He was injured while with the Mariners, so it certainly wasn't our fault.

It's not like he was throwing 95 in 04 then came to the sox and lost his velocity all of a sudden.

Garcia started 33 games in 99, 20 in '00, 34 in 2001, 34 in 2002, and 33 in 2003. Did I miss an injury or something? He's never had any serious arm issues that would equate to him losing his fastball.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:52 AM)
Ozzie could win the Nobel Peace Prize and he'd still get flamed by some on here for every little thing he does.

If you were Ozzie, would you have accepted Brantley's apology?

If I was Ozzie, I'd start to respect people more than he has. How can he expect respect from the media when he acts like a complete asshole to them? If you were Brad Palmer, why would you ever treat Ozzie with respect after he acted the way he did?

I've been very critical of Ozzie in the past, and I still believe he's made a real ass out of himself too many times to count. And it would have been better had he just shook the guy's hand, fake smiled & excused himself, and walked away.

But, this is not a big deal -- Ozzie actually handled himself pretty well here. This was between the 2 of them, he didn't go to the media and yell about Brantley not being a real man. I have no problem w/ that, it's when he's berating someone publicly that it becomes a issue.

To add to what I was saying about Ozzie....he's the manager of a division leading team. He's going to be asked a lot more questions about his decision making than Buddy Bell will be at KC. He needs to learn how to respond to questions about his decisions in a way so that it's not an "us against the world" mentality. We all know how much that helped Dusty since he got to Chicago.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
But, this is not a big deal -- Ozzie actually handled himself pretty well here.  This was between the 2 of them, he didn't go to the media and yell about Brantley not being a real man.  I have no problem w/ that, it's when he's berating someone publicly that it becomes a issue.

Exactly.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Another immature sight from Ozzie. I don't think I've once seen Guillen admit he was wrong at one point or another and until he does so, the White Sox are going to see idiotical displays like the Timo Perez experiment tonight. Ozzie seemingly believes that no one should hold him accountable because he "makes the f***ing lineup" or whatever. I'm sick and tired of hearing his childish rants when someone pins him in a corner he deserves to be in. Instead of saying, "s***, I made a mistake, I'll never do it again," he instead lashes out at reporters as if they're going to crucify him. While Ozzie is indeed the manager, he isn't God; he's totally human. Not everyone is going to be buddy-buddy with him, and he's only going to alienate himself and the fanbase through this horses***.

''As long as they blame it on me and they're not blaming any of my players, good,'' Guillen said. ''It's real easy to be criticized in baseball. That's part of the game. I just laughed. I do my job and I do the best I can to win games. That's why they are sitting behind the desk and I'm here managing. But if you're not willing to be criticized, get another job. That's why I'm the manager, to be criticized."

He does take the blame and has before. He has stated before, and continues to, that he prefers the blame and criticism on himself rather than his players.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:57 AM)
But, this is not a big deal -- Ozzie actually handled himself pretty well here.  This was between the 2 of them, he didn't go to the media and yell about Brantley not being a real man.  I have no problem w/ that, it's when he's berating someone publicly that it becomes a issue.

Like what he said in the Southtown about Brantley? I can't wait for someone to criticize Ozzie for being a terrible baseball player.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
Garcia started 33 games in 99, 20 in '00, 34 in 2001, 34 in 2002, and 33 in 2003.  Did I miss an injury or something?  He's never had any serious arm issues that would equate to him losing his fastball.

I don't think he ever went on the DL, but he was pitching with a bad shoulder or something in 02 AND 03 AND TAHT'S WHY HIS ERA was so high.. 4.39 and 4.51 those 2 years

Edited by GASHWOUND

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:00 AM)
Can the Ozzie-haters just post "I HATE OZZIE" and be done with it?

The beauty about baseball is that you play almost every game. The problem about baseball is that with 162 games, there's a lot of chancing at analyzing a player/coach/etc. If Ozzie would have made proper decisions tonight (not Timo at 1b, no Walker in the 7th), then there would have been really nothing to criticize about him tonight. When everyone knows the decision is bad before something happens, that's a problem!