Yankees - vs- Twins. a tilt for the ages

Benchwarmerjim

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the Spankees going after Frank as a DH in the offseason if the Sox let Frank walk

That would suck but I can see that happening. Frank will not cost a lot, but still will get paid decently by the Boss. And whatever the Boss pays will be more than anyone else will. And Frank will still have some chance to win a ring there (though I doubt it personally since I see the Yankees only getting worst next year with older players like Rivera, Gordon, Bernie W etc)

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
By the way, Torre pinch-hit Sierra over Jeter with the bases loaded there.  What a moron.

Jeter is sick or something like that today. The Twins radio guys talked about it for about 2 seconds at the beginning of the game. I cant remember that far back. lol

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
Nice outing by Wang. It surprises me that the Yankees have a starting pitcher coming out of their farm system.

Yeah, they probably OWE prospects to other teams for all the shady money deals they have conducted with the poor teams of the MLB. As soon as one shows promise they ship them out for name players.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Seems everyday I look at the Twins box score and I see Rincon and Romero. Do these guys ever get tired? Yowzas!

Hopefully we find out that they DO get tired, around august. ;)