Sox Catch A Break in San Diego

BlackBetsy

I note looking at the schedule that Peavy and Eaton will be pitching against Cleveland, meaning that they will miss the series against the Sox. With Garland, Buehrle and Garcia going against San Diego, that makes me feel a lot better.

It's a bummer that we have our three fly ball pitchers (Garcia, Contreras and El Duque) going in Colorado, though. If you gave me two of three from the Rockies right now....I'd take it.

Yes, it seems we do have an advantage. Barring any changes, here are the matchups in San Diego:

Friday: Garland v. Darrell May

Saturday: Buehrle v. Woody Williams

Sunday: Garcia v. Brian Lawrence

Luckily, they're two best pitchers are throwing against the Tribe.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
I cant wait to see my Sox in California!!!  :headbang  :headbang (meaning yes I will be out there)

If only I had a car...or money for tickets...I'd be driving. Dah!

Anyone other than me hoping for a Sox/Dodgers or Sox/Padres W.S. this year? (Just so that I can attend)

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:08 AM)
what class would you guys  rank eaton in?  I think Eaton is a strong # 2. ( garcia, Grienke, ect)

Eaton has just been superb this season, especially for my fantasy team. He always had talent, but he could never seem to get his ERA down to a good level, even though he pitches at PETCO. Peavy and Eaton is a hell of a 1,2 combo at the moment.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
Eaton has just been superb this season, especially for my fantasy team. He always had talent, but he could never seem to get his ERA down to a good level, even though he pitches at PETCO. Peavy and Eaton is a hell of a 1,2 combo at the moment.

We caught a huge break that we didn't have to bat against those two. They are a scary (in the good way) combo.