Erstad plowed Estrada

Burke was farther away from the plate when he was nailed.

Plus, Estrada hurt himself more by wearing that older style mask/helmet combo as opposed to the safer hockey mask style helmets that a lot of catchers use now.

The mask got driven into his head by Erstad's shoulder.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Burke was farther away from the plate when he was nailed.

Plus, Estrada hurt himself more by wearing that older style mask/helmet combo as opposed to the safer hockey mask style helmets that a lot of catchers use now.

The mask got driven into his head by Erstad's shoulder.

I didn't get to see the Burke plow but either way their both bad.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
I saw that play on SC.  Estrada got layed out.  I hope he's o.k., but I too see nothing wrong in was Erstad did.

Good play by Erstad, the Braves were pissed because they beleived Erstad had room to slide , as Estrada was not blocking his path, but it was a close enough play that Erstad had to make his decision and go with it. Hope Estrada is not badly hurt, but it is part of the game.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
Good play by Erstad, the Braves were pissed because they beleived Erstad had room to slide , as Estrada was not blocking his path, but it was a close enough play that Erstad had to make his decision and go with it.  Hope Estrada is not badly hurt, but it is part of the game.

yeah he had room to slide, right into the tag, great play by Erstad, the guy flat out plays the game.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
Good play by Erstad, the Braves were pissed because they beleived Erstad had room to slide , as Estrada was not blocking his path, but it was a close enough play that Erstad had to make his decision and go with it.  Hope Estrada is not badly hurt, but it is part of the game.

A couple of Braves, including the ex-football player Brian Jordan, had a problem with him going in so high. I have to agree a bit. You are taught to go after the glove, not the head.